Protest march, QPR (h) 16th December, 2pm (and why it's happening)

57 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

The responses on twitter the last few days to this post, are one of the main reasons I feel very meh about everything to do with Wednesday at present.

It makes me so angry and upset that the club I love is so messed up and yet the fans are so subservient, it has made me dejected and think what's the point worrying about scores as we will never get anywhere with him at the top

why not send posts to  OT whilst your on the march give a running commentary on the numbers the feeling amongst the fans the size of support from the non protesters what encouragement they are giving. Etc.  Would make for interesting reading and might galvanise some who support the idea but don’t do anything about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MBMitchell said:

The responses on twitter the last few days to this post, are one of the main reasons I feel very meh about everything to do with Wednesday at present.

It makes me so angry and upset that the club I love is so messed up and yet the fans are so subservient, it has made me dejected and think what's the point worrying about scores as we will never get anywhere with him at the top

Exactly where I  am with it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

why not send posts to  OT whilst your on the march give a running commentary on the numbers the feeling amongst the fans the size of support from the non protesters what encouragement they are giving. Etc.  Would make for interesting reading and might galvanise some who support the idea but don’t do anything about it.

I have spinal issues, so walking any distance is nigh on impossible for me. I struggle getting down to the ground from my car and any general walking in everyday life

But yes it would be good to hear from any fans who can and are taking part

I've never been one to shy away from sticking my head above the parapet and doing my part and taking part in protests against previous owners in the past

• Like 2
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, longreach said:

Or........to run the club correctly and within the rules, support the fans and show some ambition.

So the placards are going to read "Chansiri, magically stop being a useless twunt" rather than "Chansiri out" (which, as I say, means "Chansiri please voluntarily surrender millions" in reality). I don't buy that, sorry. 

I obviously get the frustration with being bottom of the league and having a walking PR disaster as a club owner. But worry that the motivation to retain as much of his wonga as possible will outweigh any desire height have to avoid upsetting folk that he clearly has nothing for distain for.

I'm sure I'm just being defeatist here. A couple of decades of shizzle will do that, I suppose. 😕

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Wonder if the police will close off catchbar lane to traffic as if the 1000s they are asking for turn up its gonna be a right bottleneck spilling onto the road as they try to get across the bridge and down the steps  at the same time .

Have they asked for thousands?

Fully support the aims of the group, just not too sure on their approach. I’ve always found protests like this a bit odd, unless you subsequently don’t enter the ground and watch the match.  If 1867 members are no longer attending matches a ban isn’t really of any concern either is it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

What's the objective of the protest?

To convince a man with millions tied up in a business to write more of the money off than he would otherwise be inclined to?

So do nothing than? What have YOU done than up to now to express dissatisfaction with the current status quo? Are you happy with our progress?Chairman? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Fully support the aims of the group, just not too sure on their approach. I’ve always found protests like this a bit odd, unless you subsequently don’t enter the ground and watch the match.  If 1867 members are no longer attending matches a ban isn’t really of any concern either is it.

I'm assuming those with tickets will just go into the ground - why wouldn't they?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I'm assuming those with tickets will just go into the ground - why wouldn't they?

Theres another potential hitch if we have 1000s camped outside the  directors entrance at say 2-30 some of them are going to be very late getting in to see the game with this new entry system  ....I think a window  between 1 &2pm for protesting would make more sense .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Theres another potential hitch if we have 1000s camped outside the  directors entrance at say 2-30 some of them are going to be very late getting in to see the game with this new entry system  ....I think a window  between 1 &2pm for protesting would make more sense .

There you again - nobody has said there will be thousands there. I think it's up to them what time they do their protest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1