Jump to content

Bailey in talks over new contract


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

He signed a 3 year deal according to the star in 2022 so still had 18 months left

That’s all well and good. Problem is, that deal may have a Premier team release clause in it. I’m suspicious as to why the club are negotiating with him so soon. I smell a problem. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/12/2023 at 19:16, HootHoot said:

It's still a very valid point. Youth football as unforgiving as it comes and the sad fact is that very few players at youth level actually go on to have successful careers. 

 

Shaw, Claire, Uroghide, Hunt. All showed promise with us yet their careers have stagnated. Brennan unfortunately seems to have fallen into that category too and it's unclear whether he has a future here or whether DR will bring in some new recruits in that area. 

 

Ideally we'd loan him to a League One club like you said but you can only loan a player if there are offers on the table. Saw no mention of offers for Brennan this season and last season as far as I am aware. 

 

He's not really up on football knowledge

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, vulva said:

That’s all well and good. Problem is, that deal may have a Premier team release clause in it. I’m suspicious as to why the club are negotiating with him so soon. I smell a problem. 

 

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Might be a different type of contract. Signs a new deal, continues to play for Wednesday, but his contract is between him and a third party? 

 

Or his existing contract might have a clause for renegotiation if he breaks into the first team squad.

 

Fun guessing game this isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or, his previous contract was for a player who had not yet broken into the first team, and we dont want to let it get into its last year now it has.

 

Theres nothing unusual about this, most clubs start negotiations with 18 months or 2 years left so they can get the best deal for both sides.

 

Its only unusual because its us, and we are normally doggers at this kind of thing

Edited by leftpeg
removed profanity
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/12/2023 at 18:58, vulva said:

Actually think this is a worrying development. It could mean his existing contract isn’t robust enough to deter a Premier League club nicking him for very little. 

Nothing will stop a Premier League club nicking him if they want him. The money they get means they can offer a player with potential so much more than we can.

 

How much should we offer Cadamateri, an 18 year old with 2 starts and a goal to his first team career. Great potential at our level but young players don't always kick on. £5k p.w, 10k, 15k? All one of the Premier League teams nees to do is double it, treble it and Cadamateri suddenly decides he's not going to play for us again. Keeps getting 'injured'. In the end we would have to sell.

 

The system is wrong but that's life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, vulva said:

That’s all well and good. Problem is, that deal may have a Premier team release clause in it. I’m suspicious as to why the club are negotiating with him so soon. I smell a problem. 

Maybe just maybe they have finally twigged 1 or 2 good kids could bring in more money than a squad full of 30 year olds.

 

i would be tying him to at least a 3 year deal and then play him and let him improve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Nothing will stop a Premier League club nicking him if they want him. The money they get means they can offer a player with potential so much more than we can.

 

How much should we offer Cadamateri, an 18 year old with 2 starts and a goal to his first team career. Great potential at our level but young players don't always kick on. £5k p.w, 10k, 15k? All one of the Premier League teams nees to do is double it, treble it and Cadamateri suddenly decides he's not going to play for us again. Keeps getting 'injured'. In the end we would have to sell.

 

The system is wrong but that's life.

 

For all his failings DC kept players He wanted at the club.

 

Bannan is still here despite some very serious interest from PL clubs. Even while in League One Brentford were interested in him, but He decided to stay.

 

When Forestieri was desperate to leave and tried to blackmail the club to let him go Canshiri stood firm.

 

If Cadamarteri outgrow the club, than it is only natural for him to leave, but hopefully for a fair fee. And that is one of reason's to be fair to our players, as once in a while it will be one of them deciding if We are getting fortune or kick up the backside.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Maybe just maybe they have finally twigged 1 or 2 good kids could bring in more money than a squad full of 30 year olds.

 

i would be tying him to at least a 3 year deal and then play him and let him improve.

He’s on a 3 year deal. Signed 5 months ago. Something has changed. The contract can’t be robust otherwise we wouldn’t be negotiating again so soon. Someone mentioned above he might have been entitled to a renegotiation once he hit the first team. Any contract worth its salt would have that automatically written in. I think the contract signed in the summer has holes in it and a Premier League side is aware. Just a hunch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s on a 3 year deal. Signed 5 months ago. Something has changed. The contract can’t be robust otherwise we wouldn’t be negotiating again so soon. Someone mentioned above he might have been entitled to a renegotiation once he hit the first team. Any contract worth its salt would have that automatically written in. I think the contract signed in the summer has holes in it and a Premier League side is aware. Just a hunch. 

 

Where did You get that from ?

 

Cadamarteri signed 3 years long deal last Summer and knowing DC it was agreed on "kid's terms".

 

In My opinion offering him new contract shows that now We see him as a first team player who We want to have long term future at the club.

 

Cadamarteri agrees professional Owls deal

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Just seems like us  preventing him getting to his final year having done well the season and then it becomes a Dele Bashiru situation all over again. 

Been saying for years youth layers need to be on longer deals.

 

realistically he signs a 3 year deal, he will still be on less than Bannan makes in 6 months but in 12-18 months time he could be worth 10 times what Bannan is worth now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/12/2023 at 13:07, vulva said:

That’s all well and good. Problem is, that deal may have a Premier team release clause in it. I’m suspicious as to why the club are negotiating with him so soon. I smell a problem. 

You mean you smell an agent!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Been saying for years youth layers need to be on longer deals.

 

realistically he signs a 3 year deal, he will still be on less than Bannan makes in 6 months but in 12-18 months time he could be worth 10 times what Bannan is worth now.

Tricky one isn't it to secure him on a rate in line with our first team players, but to also stop him from getting his head turned from wages available at the prem clubs. 

 

Surely has to be 5-10k per week, with really good appearance fee, goal bonus, win bonus etc. And some sort of annual increase based on number of games played or something like that. 

 

If he went to a prem team he'd probably get loaned to the champ for 2 or seasons anyway. So if we give him a good incentivised deal and he sees the opportunity to play and develop under Röhl hopefully that will be enough to tie him down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, room0035 said:

Been saying for years youth layers need to be on longer deals.

 

realistically he signs a 3 year deal, he will still be on less than Bannan makes in 6 months but in 12-18 months time he could be worth 10 times what Bannan is worth now.


true, he did sign 3 year deal with PL interest which was a result but it’s taken time to break through. A better time to break through now than next season with the clock ticking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he's made the transition and now considered a first team player, at the moment our first choice striker (by default given Smith's injury), then deserves an appropriate contract. 

 

Not only does it build confidence in the player, but sends a positive message to the youth set up that there is a pathway and reward. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...