Bailey in talks over new contract

2 hours ago, HootHoot said:

As per Crann, we have apparently begun talks with Bailey over an improved contract offer. Fantastic news if we get it done.

Has Chansiri fell on his head or something and forgotten who he is? Since when did we plan ahead?

He’s always handed new contracts out like confetti. It’s one thing that the clown has done 

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

To be fair, with the exception of Hirst have any of the others that we didn't sign to long term deals gone on to have decent careers? They all seem to have ended up in the lower echelons of football. 

Missed the boat on Hirst but looks like we finally have some decent talent on our hands and the club is making the necessary next steps. Just hope it's a reasonable offer and Bailey is willing to sign. 

Not the point i was making we have had lots of youngster with promise who have been very badly managed, either they stay in the dev squad too long, or dont get chances in the team when they should.

Brennan will be the latest one, showed promise in his breakthrough season, instead of getting regular game time in league one. We bring in others on loan such as the lad from Everton and we never seen Brennan again. He should have gone out on loan to league 1 or 2 in the summer instead he sits in the stands for 3 months and end up a 1 month loan at Hartlepool because no league team can touch him till the next window.

Had he got regular game time at league one, he would have got better and would now probably be a first team regular, instead we either have to loan a defender in or find a transfer.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not the point i was making we have had lots of youngster with promise who have been very badly managed, either they stay in the dev squad too long, or dont get chances in the team when they should.

Brennan will be the latest one, showed promise in his breakthrough season, instead of getting regular game time in league one. We bring in others on loan such as the lad from Everton and we never seen Brennan again. He should have gone out on loan to league 1 or 2 in the summer instead he sits in the stands for 3 months and end up a 1 month loan at Hartlepool because no league team can touch him till the next window.

Had he got regular game time at league one, he would have got better and would now probably be a first team regular, instead we either have to loan a defender in or find a transfer.

It's still a very valid point. Youth football as unforgiving as it comes and the sad fact is that very few players at youth level actually go on to have successful careers. 

Shaw, Claire, Uroghide, Hunt. All showed promise with us yet their careers have stagnated. Brennan unfortunately seems to have fallen into that category too and it's unclear whether he has a future here or whether DR will bring in some new recruits in that area. 

Ideally we'd loan him to a League One club like you said but you can only loan a player if there are offers on the table. Saw no mention of offers for Brennan this season and last season as far as I am aware. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HootHoot said:

As per Crann, we have apparently begun talks with Bailey over an improved contract offer. Fantastic news if we get it done.

Has Chansiri fell on his head or something and forgotten who he is? Since when did we plan ahead?

Could it be our esteemed leader is beginning to learn from his past mistakes.

Unlikely I know but it does seem that a lesson or two have been learned since the last rant and the attention it received from the national media.

• Haha 1

Just now, HootHoot said:

Ideally we'd loan him to a League One club like you said but you can only loan a player if there are offers on the table. Saw no mention of offers for Brennan this season and last season as far as I am aware. 

he spent last season on loan at swindon .......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

It's still a very valid point. Youth football as unforgiving as it comes and the sad fact is that very few players at youth level actually go on to have successful careers. 

Shaw, Claire, Uroghide, Hunt. All showed promise with us yet their careers have stagnated. Brennan unfortunately seems to have fallen into that category too and it's unclear whether he has a future here or whether DR will bring in some new recruits in that area. 

I would have sold out him in the last window for a nominal fee with a sell on clause. Should he make it we get a fee down the road.

I suspect he will instead be another to sit in the stands for the rest of the season.

The same as if Gregory, James, are not going to be given chances the get rid. I would be surprised if there were not league one teams interested in both. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Could it be our esteemed leader is beginning to learn from his past mistakes.

Or perhaps someone else whose been at a club with a great record of developing youngsters has sorted it ???