Momo Diaby

I understand Mo Diaby played for the u21s the other day so thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one. 

Did anybody attend? Not seen any reports onnhow he did other than that he managed 90 mins. 

Was it ever disclosed what his injury was? I saw online he missed about 7 months of 20/21 season with a ruptured achilles. I wonder if it was a repeat of that?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Was it ever disclosed what his injury was? I saw online he missed about 7 months of 20/21 season with a ruptured achilles. I wonder if it was a repeat of that?

Never disclosed, I know he was in a spaceboot after the game and on subsequent sightings but could have been anything short of amputation for all the club tells us...

2 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

I understand Mo Diaby played for the u21s the other day so thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one. 

Did anybody attend? Not seen any reports onnhow he did other than that he managed 90 mins. 

Good news if true. I’m not sure about the 90mins mind - you wouldn’t give someone a full game having just returned to action after 4 months out, would you?

44 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Never disclosed, I know he was in a spaceboot after the game and on subsequent sightings but could have been anything short of amputation for all the club tells us...

he injured his foot ...they told us he'd be out for a period and should be back towards the new year ......which looks like what is happening .

24 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Good news if true. I’m not sure about the 90mins mind - you wouldn’t give someone a full game having just returned to action after 4 months out, would you?

He played the full 90 minutes.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I thought he looks a little slow in the highlights video so it may be a case of the coaching team telling him not to push himself during the 90 minutes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I thought he looks a little slow in the highlights video so it may be a case of the coaching team telling him not to push himself during the 90 minutes.  

You'd expect a bit better if he's in a speedboat.

Then again I guess the pitch wasn't waterlogged 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

How do we know it isn't a wooden leg in that spaceboot?

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

he injured his foot ...they told us he'd be out for a period and should be back towards the new year ......which looks like what is happening .

Feet can be amputated...

I am still a bit worried he might turn out like his brother and have legs made of cardboard.  Absolute class player for Arsenal and West Ham but not exactly prolific in appearances made and ultimately faded away as a prime example of what could have been.

Hopefully this was just a freak circumstance and not the start of a similar career trajectory of false dawns and unfulfilled promise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

He played the full 90 minutes.

12 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Thanks both. Great news he has 90mins under his belt. Must be in decent condition to play the full game. 👍

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

If he’d re-ruptured his Achilles he’d be done for the season. I doubt we’ll ever find out but the way it happened and the subsequent treatment screams broken metatarsal, or similar. 

• Like 1