Momo Diaby

2 minutes ago, sage owl said:

What's a left half  ?.

The half of the pie you don't eat, of course.  Alternatively, the guy playing on the left side of the midfield three in the medieval 2-3-5 formation that used to be employed back in the age before the Italians invented catenaccio.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

Does anyone know if Big Mo is going to be fit and staying with us for the second half of the season?

I really hope so.

Add a top left back and big man up top, and we could have half a chance of staying up...

Back in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

From what I've seen of the Championship this season, I think having that physical edge, particularly in the middle of the park, is a real asset.  

Imagine having Vaulks and Diaby as two potential holding players (screening the back four) in away game could be very useful. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, MoorfOwl said:

The half of the pie you don't eat, of course.  Alternatively, the guy playing on the left side of the midfield three in the medieval 2-3-5 formation that used to be employed back in the age before the Italians invented catenaccio.

You'll be on to inside forwards next. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Played for 60 odd  minutes won a couple of  tackles gave a goal away and some seem to think he's  reincarnation of Duncan Edward's on the strength of it 

57 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Who ?.

52 minutes ago, MoorfOwl said:

Busby Babe left half of the 1950s. Died in the Munich air crash aged 21 after 177 matches for Man U

Decent film about the Busby Babes (a “film”is a movie watched by us old farts) you’ll easily find on tv called United. Made in 2011, starring David Tennant.

Watched it the day before I flew to the States a month ago. Not the wisest idea I’ve ever had.

But a very decent film. Really showed the stark differences between football in the 1950s and today’s superstar mega-industry. Needless to say, extremely sad. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Decent film about the Busby Babes (a “film”is a movie watched by us old farts) you’ll easily find on tv called United. Made in 2011, starring David Tennant.

Watched it the day before I flew to the States a month ago. Not the wisest idea I’ve ever had.

But a very decent film. Really showed the stark differences between football in the 1950s and today’s superstar mega-industry. Needless to say, extremely sad. 

Watching it now. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

Played for 60 odd  minutes won a couple of  tackles gave a goal away and some seem to think he's  reincarnation of Duncan Edward's on the strength of it 

Let's hope he's not flying anywhere this winter

16 hours ago, MoorfOwl said:

If it isn’t on FIFA or Championship Manager or whatever it is, or on the interweb, you are wasting your breath 😁

• Like 1

So many making out like this guy is the new Yaya Toure 🤣

He had a decent 70 odd minutes for us, but didn't exactly set the world alight. Looked quite clumsy in possession at times.

Anyone in the squad returning from injury is a positive, but i think people need to wait and see what he can add, whenever he's fit.

Edited by O'Neill Donaldson

22 hours ago, 1952Owl said:

Yep "option" to buy at the end of the season.

When Momo comes back fully fit and crucially keeps fit, this could be one defining moment for us.

An attacking midfielder in the "Carlton Palmer mould".

And as George said.......Danny boy brings in at least 2 or 3 new loans/signings in January in key positions.

We need 2 proven, young, quick forwards/a centre forward from somewhere? Could be Germany or Denmark?

Believe.

Carlton palmer was NOT an attacking midfielder. He was a midfield engine room box to box player!