January Transfer/Loan Targets

Would imagine Röhl will have some ideas about who could come over and step into our first team from Germany? Gregory being frozen out atm as is bakinson so that’s two that might depart either on loan or freebies? No matter wot dc days until anyone actually arrives (30k a week ) take it with a pinch of salt ! Can’t imagine there’s a lot of room to manoeuvre with this squad? Let’s hope rhol gets who HE wants not just given players like we have a history of doing ( allegedly)

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think we all may be surprised at Röhl’s depth of knowledge of players around the globe. My gut feeling is we’re going to recruit similarly to the Red Bull clubs way if not exactly the same?

I agree don’t think it will be from Germany especially in this window. Think in the future it will be a red bull model but he’ll want players that hit the ground running in January. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree don’t think it will be from Germany especially in this window. Think in the future it will be a red bull model but he’ll want players that hit the ground running in January. 

It makes sense to me. As I’ve said before he was involved with RB Leipzig from the beginning. He has coaches with him who know the Red Bull model inside out. He’s adopted the pressing style that he learned at Red Bull. He’s also quickly given an Academy player here a genuine first team opportunity. I’ll be amazed if the new HoR is not an ex Red Bull man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I think we all may be surprised at Röhl’s depth of knowledge of players around the globe. My gut feeling is we’re going to recruit similarly to the Red Bull clubs way if not exactly the same?

Certain he will replicate this model. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

Would imagine Röhl will have some ideas about who could come over and step into our first team from Germany? Gregory being frozen out atm as is bakinson so that’s two that might depart either on loan or freebies? No matter wot dc days until anyone actually arrives (30k a week ) take it with a pinch of salt ! Can’t imagine there’s a lot of room to manoeuvre with this squad? Let’s hope rhol gets who HE wants not just given players like we have a history of doing ( allegedly)

Think you are correct with Gregory and Bakinson. Would also think James and Ihiekwe may go as could be interest in them and not regular starters. Valentin has also not regularly in match day squad, so if any takers he may go as well. Also if we have option to return think most if not all of loan players will go. Biggest problem might be finding someone to take some of the players.

• Like 1

Going to be tricky as little room in squad especially if Diaby returns - Brennan doesn’t free a space and all 3 season long loans may be very difficult  to send back and the long term injuries in Delgado and Wilks offer little to any buyer either  so have to shift someone to get Diaby in prior to anyone else. My punt is to release Gregory or Bakinson for an expensive 3 month loan on Kieffer Moore from Bournemouth. 

• Like 2

Just noticed a further issue - a maximum of 4 inbound loans per season need to be under 23 - so we would need to send back one of Hendrick  or Fletcher to get an experienced striker in on loan - or we have to buy ?!  If no Moore would take a punt on Wimbledon forward Al Hamadi - big strong has some pace and scores won’t be in div 2 for long ……

I want to see some genuine squad turnover. 

If players like Gregory, Bakinson, Ihekwe etc aren't getting a game and not in the plans then let's move them on. Regardless of if we think they can do a job, if the manager doesn't want them then let's move them on and free up some wages. 

It's something we've not done for years and we really need to in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whoever we get, Röhl wants players who can run for the full 90 with high intensity, for that reason I doubt we will be looking at the experienced striker coming towards the end of his career. 

As others have said, he's likely we'll connected and hopefully we can pick up player from the top German division who isn't getting a game. 

I’d reckon there’s quite a few young talented players in the German second tier who’d love the opportunity to play for a club in one of the most high profile leagues in Europe. I fully expect we’d have to Google most of the players we get in but the hope is there’s a couple of gems amongst the incomings.

3 hours ago, Wylde Kneeslide said:

Going to be tricky as little room in squad especially if Diaby returns - Brennan doesn’t free a space and all 3 season long loans may be very difficult  to send back and the long term injuries in Delgado and Wilks offer little to any buyer either  so have to shift someone to get Diaby in prior to anyone else. My punt is to release Gregory or Bakinson for an expensive 3 month loan on Kieffer Moore from Bournemouth. 

making room in the squad will be easier than you think. 

We will have to rename our squad then and we can simply omit Bakinson, Gregory, Wilks from the squad. Diaby will take the place of Buckley when he returns to Blackburn

could also remove Delgado from the squad if his injury is going to keep him out long term. Valentin has also dropped out of the squad as well, so he's another one who should be easily disposable back to Spain

• Like 1