Pass Completion percentage over 40 yards

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Just looked at the Prem stats and only Turner at Forest and Ederson have slightly better stats for this

This is one of those cases where I’ll believe my own actual eyes over stats. Ederson is more than slightly better than Cam at distribution (as he is the vast majority of other keepers).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Vasquez has the 3rd best pass completion record of all the keepers in the championship for passes over 40 yards (40.1%)

Which is decent

But those who tell us that Dawson's distribution is crap will be very disappointed by who has the best with 42.9%

Interesting thing for me here is that Dawson is the best in the division but still under 50%......expectations of Zidane like master classes by championship keepers need to take a reality pill

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/keepersadv/Championship-Stats#all_stats_keeper_adv

I’ve been one who has been saying Vasquez should come in for Cam, and one of the reasons I’ve given is his far better footwork.

No question Cam was massively better with his distribution on Saturday. I’m not diminishing Cam’s own work here, but great credit too to Danny here. Plain as the nose on your face, Danny instructed and coached the plan to play it safe and aim far right to Pato who absolutely ate their left-side for breakfast with his heading prowess. There’s very few right wing-backs who can dominate aerially like Pato.

Cam’s short passing was also much improved. It’s clear the back 4 and Cam are really working hard to eradicate the errors we saw so often in previous games.

Yet more signs that in Röhl we’ve got the real deal.

But, like I said, big credit to Cam. 

• Like 6

On 04/12/2023 at 07:28, BIG D said:

This is one of those cases where I’ll believe my own actual eyes over stats. Ederson is more than slightly better than Cam at distribution (as he is the vast majority of other keepers).

Over 40 yards he isn't whatever your eyes are telling you.