Infectious positivity

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Let's be honest, it looks like Chansiri has played a blinder with this coaching team. I would've got Warnock in. 

Same. Agree as well on the top notch coaching staff. 

I still think we'd be more likely to stay up with Colin but now our fan base has (out of nowhere) acquired patience and willingness to stick with a manager, we may as well focus on a long term plan.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I enjoyed the win yesterday but think some people are getting a little carried away.

Yes there's still a lot to do before we are really involved in the relegation battle.  It made me smile at the end of the Sky highlights when the commentator said "big win for wednesday they are now only 3 points off second from bottom Rotherham".   

We can easily lose the next two (away) games, just as we did at Brum, Bristol City and Watford.  With decent performances, but a lack of quality costing us.

It's fantastic what Roehl is getting out of the players.  But until we are within 6 points off safety we need to keep our feet on the ground a bit.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markg said:

All irrelevant isn't it.

Might stay up, might not. The next calamity will just be around the corner and we'll never do anything of note whilst the clown is running the club so it's all ultimately pointless. 

The more credit DR has in the bank the harder it is for DC do things HIS way.

Your right expecting the calamity around the corner.  I think we all are.

BUT.   This is DC last chance to get fans back on his side if he wants to continue being owner of SWFC.

Let DR and his team manage ALL football matters including recruitment.

Season Ticket prices are reduced to a realistic pricing structure that will keep existing ST holders and attract new ones.   Refund Multi year buyers the difference or whatever needs to be done.

THAT..... would be a small step from himself to say sorry.     Will it happen.  Absolutely no chance.    But its an option.    

If he has any fall out with DR or loses him elsewhere then his empire will be on flames.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rawowl said:

The more credit DR has in the bank the harder it is for DC do things HIS way.

Your right expecting the calamity around the corner.  I think we all are.

BUT.   This is DC last chance to get fans back on his side if he wants to continue being owner of SWFC.

Let DR and his team manage ALL football matters including recruitment.

Season Ticket prices are reduced to a realistic pricing structure that will keep existing ST holders and attract new ones.   Refund Multi year buyers the difference or whatever needs to be done.

THAT..... would be a small step from himself to say sorry.     Will it happen.  Absolutely no chance.    But its an option.    

If he has any fall out with DR or loses him elsewhere then his empire will be on flames.

That's a great point.

19 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Since Röhl and his sensibly accrued coached staff arrived, they’ve injected a new mindset into the existing squad. They’ve outlined a path from the youth squads into the senior squad, so now the senior squad don’t take for granted their match day squad place. 
Complacency has been eradicated. 
It just goes to show what a proper coach can do with a squad of players. 
Röhl’s charisma and positivity has spread like wildfire amongst the players and staff and now most of us fans are buying into it too. Before he arrived we had bottomed out, there’s only one way from bottom. Up. 
We’re doing it. We actually doing it. 
My prediction is that by new year we only be a maximum of 3 points adrift of safety. 
Predicted final league position : 17th 

I’m amazed by the positivity on OT. Usually there’s some miserable bugger predicting doom and gloom but I’ve not seen any since DR was appointed even when we were losing. 
I hope you’re right about our final position but I’d bite your hand off at 21st with a 90+11 goal going in off Dawsons backside at the stadium of light to secure safety 

Edited by Bramhall Owl

I'm freaked out how gushing people are getting. I think people need to chill out a bit. 

I've heard all sorts of crap about how now we are a 'play off' standard team and Röhl is one of the best coaches in the league etc. 

We've not had anywhere near a big enough sample size to test those theories. We are in such a crap position. I'd be shocked and impressed if we got anywhere near 50 points and that might not be enough. 

I love Danny and think he's good but some people are getting carried away man. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Jack of Clubs said:

DR is very similar in charisma to Thomas Frank and Jurgen Klopp when he first arrived.

Agreed and Danny has a better record than Frank did when he started at Brentford.  His record was 4 points in first 8 games.  Danny has 7 points, and I’d Brentford had a better squad than ours too 

On 04/12/2023 at 00:43, Plonk said:

Early days, but week by week you can see the improvement.  Even when results weren't coming our way, you could still see things were changing.

That's why people are happy.

I said elsewhere that before Leicester I had never seen such confidence in a manager getting such poor results. 

I thought the same. Still smiling, still positive and relaxed. Appreciate it's a free hit of sorts but didn't get that from Xisco. He was the opposite of the apparent 'vibes' and came across as incredibly prickly, difficult and uneasy. Röhl even through the losses has maintained his charisma.