Infectious positivity

4 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Since Röhl and his sensibly accrued coached staff arrived, they’ve injected a new mindset into the existing squad. They’ve outlined a path from the youth squads into the senior squad, so now the senior squad don’t take for granted their match day squad place. 
Complacency has been eradicated. 
It just goes to show what a proper coach can do with a squad of players. 
Röhl’s charisma and positivity has spread like wildfire amongst the players and staff and now most of us fans are buying into it too. Before he arrived we had bottomed out, there’s only one way from bottom. Up. 
We’re doing it. We actually doing it. 
My prediction is that by new year we only be a maximum of 3 points adrift of safety. 
Predicted final league position : 17th 

DR is great! Just love his positivity & the fact that he has given Bailey his chance👍

UTO.

• Like 2

I’m not sure cadamateri giving a chance was anything to do with DR youth policy or more the fact non of squad could score 

either way he’s got us playing where we can pick up more than enough points 

just need to do it on the road now our next two games Stoke and Coventry are big they are down in this fight and points against them will keep them near us 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I enjoyed the win yesterday but think some people are getting a little carried away.

The difference between our squad and others in the Championship is confidence, or lack of it. Once that belief begins to build we will creep out of trouble.

The damage done to our squad’s confidence by XM was significant. The league position when DR took over says it all

41 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I enjoyed the win yesterday but think some people are getting a little carried away.

Whether it's completely rational or not, seemingly a significant majority of the fanbase are excited for the future of SWFC again, so Roehl's positivity has unquestionably been infectious. I'm also of the opinion that a positive fanbase can help influence positive results on the pitch, so I'm all for that.

While it is obviously early days still, there are encouraging signs, so why not jump aboard the hype train and just back the guy to implement his plan for at least the next 12 months? Relegation would obviously be a disaster, but we were odds on for it regardless of whoever came in. Roehl's background should give him a good idea of what it takes to build up a top quality side from virtually nothing, and, crucially for me, he has never been a failure at any another club, unlike 95% of the options on the managerial merry-go-round. That last fact gives Roehl a bit of an x-factor in that he could be destined for great things as a manager, compared to the usual suspects who we already know never will be. If Roehl is still here at the beginning of next season I'm very confident it'll be a successful campaign, regardless of which league we happen to be playing in.

(On the proviso he's able to bring in the players he wants...)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

The difference between our squad and others in the Championship is confidence, or lack of it. Once that belief begins to build we will creep out of trouble.

The damage done to our squad’s confidence by XM was significant. The league position when DR took over says it all

Confidence is low because the players are not good enough.

One look at the table can tell you that.

Xisco was rubbish and I remember saying how underwhelming I thought his appointment was at the time.

I also recall people salvating over Carlos Carvahaul when we were playing well in the 2015/16 season and that went a bit sour in the end.

Think Röhl is a forward thinking appointment but think those already declaring him as a World class manager is a bit much.

Took people considered to be World class managers a few seasons to get that reputation rather then 7 games.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Confidence is low because the players are not good enough.

One look at the table can tell you that.

Xisco was rubbish and I remember saying how underwhelming I thought his appointment was at the time.

I also recall people salvating over Carlos Carvahaul when we were playing well in the 2015/16 season and that went a bit sour in the end.

Think Röhl is a forward thinking appointment but think those already declaring him as a World class manager is a bit much.

Took people considered to be World class managers a few seasons to get that reputation rather then 7 games.

It’s a squad that can compete in this league. 
That’s my opinion.

Is the manager world class? 
Far too early to comment. 
Maybe in 10 years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

Since Röhl and his sensibly accrued coached staff arrived, they’ve injected a new mindset into the existing squad. They’ve outlined a path from the youth squads into the senior squad, so now the senior squad don’t take for granted their match day squad place. 
Complacency has been eradicated. 
It just goes to show what a proper coach can do with a squad of players. 
Röhl’s charisma and positivity has spread like wildfire amongst the players and staff and now most of us fans are buying into it too. Before he arrived we had bottomed out, there’s only one way from bottom. Up. 
We’re doing it. We actually doing it. 
My prediction is that by new year we only be a maximum of 3 points adrift of safety. 
Predicted final league position : 17th 

That would be a result.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Will be down in the New Year the recent results have been very welcome and the performances too but we still need to be a hell of a lot tighter, too dependent on last-second tackles.  Some players still need to understand what the manager requires from them.  

Progress has been made but I fear it's too late. 

I don’t think that’s the case, we are looking like we may have a big improvement in the second half of the season, especially with a choice signing or two.

Come the end of the season I believe DR will have us safely out of the bottom three.

Let’s see come the end of the season.

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I don’t think that’s the case, we are looking like we may have a big improvement in the second half of the season, especially with a choice signing or two.

Come the end of the season I believe DR will have us safely out of the bottom three.

Let’s see come the end of the season.

Will love it if you are right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been watching Wednesday for 45 years now. I can’t ever remember feeling this strongly about how good our manager is since Wilkinson. Danny is definitely going places. Hopefully with us of course but in any event I expect him to be managing in the Prem within five years. He’s an absolute breath of fresh air. Christ alone knows how the worst club owner in the league managed to successfully appoint such a good guy. If DC isn't actually skint and does back him in the transfer market in Jan we might even get close to staying up!

• Like 1

Early days, but week by week you can see the improvement.  Even when results weren't coming our way, you could still see things were changing.

That's why people are happy.

I said elsewhere that before Leicester I had never seen such confidence in a manager getting such poor results. 

• Like 2