DR’s use of subs

10 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

We could do a Xmas charity song, get Greggs involved?  Sausage Rules?

1]  Must be at least 6"

2]  Never come early to a party

3]  Always wear a party hat especially if you don't know the people attending the party

4]  Must always be fresh (out of the oven)

4 classic sausage rules.

Any more?

Yeah... so, about this 6" rule...

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

Yeah I love Bannan but I said on Saturday that it’s good to see him getting subbed instead of run into the ground like previous managers have done with him. 

All the players especially the older ones need to give 100 % for as long as they can then move aside for someone else to do the same. 

Problem is having enough decent players. 

11 hours ago, sage owl said:

Also got the nads to our captain and most creative player off twice, correctly both times. Did the right thing taking cadamartri off when he did. 

Yes, but BB held his hand up a couple of mins before he was subbed. I think he knew that his legs had gone.

3 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

Yes, but BB held his hand up a couple of mins before he was subbed. I think he knew that his legs had gone.

Yep said that to people around who don't rate him and don't think he's a team player. 

Some of the loons on here had a thread about how bad he was only 2 or 3 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Have the rules changed? I thought you could have up to 5 subs but had to use them in no more than three substitution intervals (don’t know how better to describe) unless a concussion sub.  We had 4 separate substitutions to bring on our five subs.  Didn’t notice a concussion unless Byers was.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Watto said:

Have I got this wrong but I thought you could only make 3 separate substitute changes for a total of 5? 

We made 4 separate changes on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Have the rules changed? I thought you could have up to 5 subs but had to use them in no more than three substitution intervals (don’t know how better to describe) unless a concussion sub.  We had 4 separate substitutions to bring on our five subs.  Didn’t notice a concussion unless Byers was.

Apparently half time subs don’t count towards the three substitutions.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2023/june/nine-substitutes-introduced-ahead-of-202324-campaign/

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Watto said:

Have I got this wrong but I thought you could only make 3 separate substitute changes for a total of 5? 

We made 4 separate changes on Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

10 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

Apparently half time subs don’t count towards the three substitutions.

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2023/june/nine-substitutes-introduced-ahead-of-202324-campaign/

Yeah instead of thinking it as three substitution windows think of it as three "stoppage windows". You can't stop the game more than three times to make a sub. As half time is already a stoppage it doesn't count!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1