DR’s use of subs

11 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

One criticism is that half of our fans don't seem to know sing Danny Röhl's song to the theme of Daddy Cool properly.

it's pronounced 'rule' to rhyme with 'cool'.

The original song was not Daddy Roll.

It's Daddy Cool.

Danny Rool if you must.

Ok? Ok.

But his name doesn't rhyme with 'cool'; it rhymes with 'curl'.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, debram said:

Brought on Johnson at half time, we were getting hammered down our left defensive side, smart move, that wouldn't have happened with previous managers, won us the game.

Yup. Changed to a 5 at the back with a sub at half time.

Don't think I've ever seen us do that when winning. Doesn't happen very much at all for most teams tbh.

Very impressive tactical move and actually very brave tbh. He could have opened himself up for criticism if we got beat.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Also got the nads to our captain and most creative player off twice, correctly both times. Did the right thing taking cadamartri off when he did. 

I think the midfielders and forwards are going to need to get used to being subbed. The work rate he wants out of them is something else. Whilst Röhl clearly wants to play football, he’s got the team working as hard as any Charlton or Wilkinson side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

One criticism is that half of our fans don't seem to know sing Danny Röhl's song to the theme of Daddy Cool properly.

it's pronounced 'rule' to rhyme with 'cool'.

The original song was not Daddy Roll.

It's Daddy Cool.

Danny Rool if you must.

Ok? Ok.

We could do a Xmas charity song, get Greggs involved?  Sausage Rules?

1]  Must be at least 6"

2]  Never come early to a party

3]  Always wear a party hat especially if you don't know the people attending the party

4]  Must always be fresh (out of the oven)

4 classic sausage rules.

Any more?

1 hour ago, Blergh said:

I think the midfielders and forwards are going to need to get used to being subbed. The work rate he wants out of them is something else. Whilst Röhl clearly wants to play football, he’s got the team working as hard as any Charlton or Wilkinson side. 

In that case we need a latter day Tony Tom's (RIP).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sage owl said:

Also got the nads to our captain and most creative player off twice, correctly both times. Did the right thing taking cadamartri off when he did. 

Yeah I love Bannan but I said on Saturday that it’s good to see him getting subbed instead of run into the ground like previous managers have done with him. 

• Like 3

We’ve 7 games in 23 days starting at Stoke on Saturday. Any squad would need rotation and clever substitutions, let alone a squad of our age.

With a forward-thinking manager we’ll be seeing no end of sound rotation and a brilliant use of subs. 

Rugby coaches have turned their game into a squad game. High energy, high pressing football needs a similar approach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We’ve 7 games in 23 days starting at Stoke on Saturday. Any squad would need rotation and clever substitutions, let alone a squad of our age.

With a forward-thinking manager we’ll be seeing no end of sound rotation and a brilliant use of subs. 

“what’s he changed team for!!??’” incoming 

lol 

• Haha 2

The bannan sub was smart, he’d one ran his legs into the ground, and two there was always a fair chance at that stage they’d start launching balls into the box, and bannans height isn’t exactly his best accolade. 

You can tell when he makes subs, he has a plan, and it’s not just sending folk on for fun of it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

We could do a Xmas charity song, get Greggs involved?  Sausage Rules?

1]  Must be at least 6"

2]  Never come early to a party

3]  Always wear a party hat especially if you don't know the people attending the party

4]  Must always be fresh (out of the oven)

4 classic sausage rules.

Any more?

Wtf have I just read 😳