Nixon

17 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah I agree with @Mamalute it's very confusing what's happening at our club at the moment.   I am dismissing all rumours until things actually happen. 

Chansiri says that he hired Roehl because he shares the same philosophy of Munoz.   I can't think of one thing their managerial styles have in common.  

Chansiri says he wants the fans to pay £2m,  then says it was a misunderstanding.  Now we have rumours we want to spend big on a loan signing.

Chansiri says he doesn't want to sell,  then we have rumours thats he met a consortium, who have the money, then he refuses to give them information. 

Roehl and co. being happy to join the bottom club with what's going on off field, still seems bizarre.  I can only think they have been promised some transfer funds in January.   But it goes against what Chansiri has done in the past 6 years. 

All sign posts indicate a different direction. The above was not based on rumours it was just my attempt to make sense of the factual events that have happened. The change in direction is such something cataclysmic must have happened.

By the way I do not think we are alone in being confused.

59 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

All sign posts indicate a different direction. The above was not based on rumours it was just my attempt to make sense of the factual events that have happened. The change in direction is such something cataclysmic must have happened.

By the way I do not think we are alone in being confused.

It’s not that hard. Chansiri chats a lot of poo ……

The whole 2 million / HMRC thing was never a real issue. It was just a warning shot to the fans to pipe down. Totally misjudged given it blew up in his face. 

I don’t think we’re going under, I don’t think we’re going forward. Just the same old limbo state. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mamalute said:

You could not make up what has happened to club over last 6 months. I have tried hard to make sense of what has gone on or fathom a reason behind it. Whatever he says I have come to conclusion he wants out of club and his intention was to reduce his outlay to a minimum. The only option I can come up with is he had potential suitor for club in summer and did everything bargain basement to keep his costs to a minimum. Tried to keep Moore in post on very low salary so would not cost much to remove, then went for very cheap management option and bargain basement recruitment. It went belly up quickly and potential suitors do not want league 1 club. Hence realised action had to be taken and went for a management team who had been interested in summer and were probably recommended to DC by potential suitors of club. Now realises team needed substantially strengthening and has to make investment. Suspect if we look like staying in the league club will have new owners.

I may be wrong and this is partially based on hope but find it difficult to explain sudden about turn and events any other rational way. 

Even the explanation that it is madness does not follow through as some real thought has been put into recruitment of current coaching team and not the work of a lunatic.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah I agree with @Mamalute it's very confusing what's happening at our club at the moment.   I am dismissing all rumours until things actually happen. 

Chansiri says that he hired Roehl because he shares the same philosophy of Munoz.   I can't think of one thing their managerial styles have in common.  

Chansiri says he wants the fans to pay £2m,  then says it was a misunderstanding.  Now we have rumours we want to spend big on a loan signing.

Chansiri says he doesn't want to sell,  then we have rumours thats he met a consortium, who have the money, then he refuses to give them information. 

Roehl and co. being happy to join the bottom club with what's going on off field, still seems bizarre.  I can only think they have been promised some transfer funds in January.   But it goes against what Chansiri has done in the past 6 years. 

And Röhl has publicly, enthusiastically nailed his colours to the mast as far as this club is concerned, despite having no previous connection to us.

It does make you wonder if he knows something which we don't. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

And Röhl has publicly, enthusiastically nailed his colours to the mast as far as this club is concerned, despite having no previous connection to us.

He probably does?

23 hours ago, prowl said:

You've got me with the crack reference.

Crack as in expert?

Crack, as they are on it?

Crack(ed) as in broken and not fit for purpose

I just can't decide. I can't see much evidence that the first is true.....

There was an element of sarcasm in the post.😁😁

I do apologise.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

He said he joined knowing the state of where the club was at and the uphill task involved being rock bottom

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Chansiri said the club was up for sale after fans meeting a few years ago then few days later said he never said it.

Hes what is commonly known as a bullshitter, he says the first thing that comes into his head when he gets caught out with lies.

the man is a disease that is slowly strangling the life out of SWFC, the only thing he can do that will be a positive is sell up for a market value price and do one.

no more false promises, no more DC rubbish rants just goo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

He said he joined knowing the state of where the club was at and the uphill task involved being rock bottom

I hadn't read this before but this quote from Danny is very encouraging regarding his long term plans for the club..

“I think it's also the way for Wednesday for the future. I think this is for me a big key point, to have a young group, to have young players here, to improve these players and our club with the academy together and then we can create good players for our team. This is also, for me, a big goal for the future.”

My worry has been that he's expected to keep the club up this season with the current squad and loaning the  likes of Ashley Fletchers of this world, then he will be off if/when we get relegated. But what he says suggests he's here for the long term and building a young side.   Hopefully his plans match Chansiri's..... 

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

2 hours ago, Jim said:

He probably does?

Think it is likely he knows what is going on, Powell turned down Charlton manager job and comes to Yorkshire as a coach? To a club bottom of league. Lense from Man United to bottom of Championship. If you said these things were happening you would have got hammering on here. Something will creep out of woodwork you just never know what.

• Like 1

Don't take much heart from this tbh. 

DC has clearly learned nothing from Rhodes - exactly the same line of thinking on display as back then, expecting that renting a "reliable" striker for half a season will make the difference for us. I can imagine it would put backs up in the dressing room too if someone's brought in earning loads more than most of the squad, we've had enough problems along those lines before. 

More to the point it's yet more evidence of DC's wild inconsistency. One minute he's threatening not to pay HMRC, the next he's briefing that he's looking to spend the best part of a million quid renting a big name striker for half a season - just as a young striker is breaking into our starting XI as well. 

Danny might pull off a miracle and keep us up, but the way to realise that would be for DC to scrape together whatever he can then hand it to Danny and the coaching team and back as far away as he can. Then preferably agree a sale with someone competent - a man can dream after all... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I hadn't read this before but this quote from Danny is very encouraging regarding his long term plans for the club..

“I think it's also the way for Wednesday for the future. I think this is for me a big key point, to have a young group, to have young players here, to improve these players and our club with the academy together and then we can create good players for our team. This is also, for me, a big goal for the future.”

My worry has been that he's expected to keep the club up this season with the current squad and loaning the  likes of Ashley Fletchers of this world, then he will be off if/when we get relegated. But what he says suggests he's here for the long term and building a young side.   Hopefully his plans match Chansiri's..... 

I always thought one of Moore’s strengths was how he managed his squad. I see similar traits with Röhl. His willingness to engage with supporters is probably greater than Moore’s which is impressive. 

Point I’m trying to make is that these are the type of managers that succeed under Chansiri. They are all about the collective and that is important particularly here.