Nixon

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

This is the real question..... what has changed with our finances to make this happen?.....oh and why?

I'm less inclined to believe the sun than old Defcon tbh. That really does take some doing as well.

• Like 3

£30k for 25 weeks = £750k

You can get two really good League One players for a year on those wages.

If we're still a stupid number of points adrift come December 31st I would rather see us invest in the latter in June than a loan signing who will just leave 5 months later without changing the outcome of the season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

This is the real question..... what has changed with our finances to make this happen?.....oh and why?

Nothings changed with our finances.

We’re in a good position financially overall, we just have cash flow issues at times.

The £2m per month Chansiri bangs on about is for cash flow, to pay wages etc etc, but eventually the cash flow corrects itself and we overall don’t lose that much.

Unless we have some wild promotion clauses in contracts for people who were here last season, I can almost certainly guarantee we’re making one of the lowest losses (if we even are losing money after Chansiri dodgy rent charges) of any championship club.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to get carried away, the club has been underfunded for several years, so paying a big wage for 4 months isn't going to be a revelation.

On that point, spunking £30k on one player, who may in all likelihood get injured, is not responsible ownership. 

If there is budget, this is better spent on 3 or 4 players, facilitated by subsidised loans to balance the books a bit (assuming no one wants to buy our overpriced rejects).

I'm not getting too giddy about our supposed benevolent overlord with this news, but pleased there may be some budget. The fact that we still have no head of recruitment to spend it is wisely a more pressing concern.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, trev said:

Sod loans.

I'd rather we spend money on young players with potential for next season and the seasons following.

It's highly unlikely we will stay up regardless of a 30k a week striker on loan.

Stop fire fighting and build a squad for the future.

I think that starts in the summer TBH.

28 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I have been thinking that of late.

It seems the Shaw sponsorship money has come through, but I cannot see it being that alone.

It worries me slightly

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have been thinking that of late.

It seems the Shaw sponsorship money has come through, but I cannot see it being that alone.

It worries me slightly

Does it have to be a £30k a week striker?

Let's not fall into the same trap of late and spend money on a crock.

Rough translation : Merry Xmas. I love you all. Please buy seasons tickets.

Another further U-turn. We gone from 'I'm not putting any money' to 'lend us £2 million' to 'look what I've spend on a new manager & coaching team' to 'there's money available in January;.

Please make it stop. I don't think it's a conincidence that while he's been quiet, we've picked up 4 points from 2 games and now he has to open his gob again 😬

WTF is Scrouge?  Having said that, it is 'The Sun'.... 😞

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Does it have to be a £30k a week striker?

Let's not fall into the same trap of late and spend money on a crock.

I think that's just guideline of what we're willing to spend. There's no reason to suggest we can't find someone just as good for less. 

I'm sure DR has already identified targets within that range and it'll be up to whatever recruitment team we still have to do the negotiating.