Jump to content

6 games left in December. How many Points do you think we will get guys?


Recommended Posts

We might be brimming with confidence after yesterday's triumph, but the reality is that taking four points from the last two games didn't even close the gap on 21st place. 🤢

 

At the same time as us having four away games in the next six, Huddersfield have four at home. So, reigning them in by a point or two this month would be good going. 

 

It's looking like we might have to drag someone else into the mix. So, beating Stoke could be very useful!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jürgen Weißbrot said:

We might be brimming with confidence after yesterday's triumph, but the reality is that taking four points from the last two games didn't even close the gap on 21st place. 🤢

 

At the same time as us having four away games in the next six, Huddersfield have four at home. So, reigning them in by a point or two this month would be good going. 

 

It's looking like we might have to drag someone else into the mix. So, beating Stoke could be very useful!

Beat Stoke and that would put us 8 points behind them. 

 

Lots of pressure on AN there and fans and players arguing with each other after full time yesterday. 

 

Early goal could be crucial for us

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

We need to get 1.5 points per match for the rest of the season or we’ll most likely go down.

 

That is a big ask as that would see you in the top ten over the course of the season.

 

if the average deviates much above that, then realistically we are doomed.

 

As tough as it is, nine points (eight absolute minimum) looks like a must. Especially as, Stoke, Norwich and QPR are all on the shortlist of teams we could overtake.


I think to go from losing every game, to play-off form won’t come in one step, especially.

 

Four aways in six games is a killer. I’ll be delighted with 7 or 8 points. Hopefully in the new year, with a couple of first-pick acquisitions, we can have some terrific runs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Beat Stoke and that would put us 8 points behind them. 

 

Lots of pressure on AN there and fans and players arguing with each other after full time yesterday. 

 

Early goal could be crucial for us

 

Exactly this. 

 

We recently needed to do the same against Plymouth, Millwall and Huddersfield too though. In those absolutely crucial games we scored nil, conceded seven and too no points to their three a piece.

 

Imagine how much better things would feel if we'd taken 9 points out of them instead. We'd be out of the bottom 3 already!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure where it comes from we need play off form to stop up . We don’t , here is a pretty simple explanation why . 
 

To stop up you need to get around 45 points . That’s the average .

 

we’re on 10 currently , so 35 needed from the remaining 27 games , that’s 1.29 points per game . 
 

if you averaged 1.29 points a game over 46 games you’d get ….

1.29 x 46 = 59 points . 

Over the last 3 seasons 59 points gets you averaging around 15th place ( 59 points last season was Bristol city who finished 14th , year before 59 points would get you 17th )


 

to summarise 

 

if we are aiming for around 45 points , we need to now achieve 1.29 points per game . As above if you achieve 1.29 points over a 46 game season you come around 15th . 
 

absolutely no where near play off form . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last season 45 points kept you up

the season before 38 points kept you up 

Before that 44 points kept you up 

before that 49 kept you up 

 

note you could argue it’s one point less than the above IF you had better GD than the team below . As you would stop up on GD. 
 

Add up 45,38,44 and 49 you get 176 

 

divide that by 4 , you get 44 points 

 

Over the last 4 seasons 44 points has kept you in the division

 

Understand the old 50 points aim but very likely 45 keeps you up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Home Form currently is good.....

 

Stoke away = my head says 1 point maximum

Norwich away = lose. 

QPR home = you would have to say 3 points achievable

Cardiff home = tougher but you would have to say 3 points achievable

Coventry away = deffo lose

Preston away = might nick a point?

 

That makes 8 points minimum for me being realistic and taking into account Away form/games.

Then that brings us into January........hope Momo Diaby can come back ready and fully fit? A potential big boost.

+ we all hope there is scope for Danny boy to bring in 2 or 3 new loans/signings?

Whilst offloading some of the "summer dud" loans/signings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're going to be unbeaten this month. Playing some very poor teams and the last two results will give us a big boost. We will be out of the bottom 3 by January 1st.

 

There are some awful teams in this league and we just need a decent run now. We only need 1 win to be off the bottom after a disaserous start to the season!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Not ideal to have 4 aways in our next 6. We’ve taken one point in our 9 aways so far!

 

Quoting went wrong: below are my words 

 

19 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Thats tragic, for the team and the fans who travel… these last two games have shown us what’s needed to compete and get points.

 

We need to stop losing to tripe like Birmingham, which wasn’t long ago.

 

It could go either way at this point results wise.
 

A mixed bag of results wouldn’t be bad IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Beat Stoke and that would put us 8 points behind them. 

 

Lots of pressure on AN there and fans and players arguing with each other after full time yesterday. 

 

Early goal could be crucial for us

Stoke fans were booing their own substitutions and singing for the manager to be sacked during the game yesterday.   They may have booed one of the names as the line up was read out but it may be a nickname type of thing. 
 

There forum is particularly aggrieved that they’ve been beaten by “Plymouth”   
 

The longer your game goes with them when they aren’t winning the grumpier their fans will get with their team.  Personally I’d like to see you drag them in a relegation battle as they have that ex Premiership entitlement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Green Army said:

Stoke fans were booing their own substitutions and singing for the manager to be sacked during the game yesterday.   They may have booed one of the names as the line up was read out but it may be a nickname type of thing. 
 

There forum is particularly aggrieved that they’ve been beaten by “Plymouth”   
 

The longer your game goes with them when they aren’t winning the grumpier their fans will get with their team.  Personally I’d like to see you drag them in a relegation battle as they have that ex Premiership entitlement.

I did notice that. Lots of looking down their nose at the teams below them. 

 

Hopefully they keep AN for at least one more match. Seems as good a time as any for us to be playing Stoke right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...