Rules on kids attending match

23 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

So you thought it was safer in 1985 lol

i know in 70s and early 80s there were more trouble but only thing i saw was at leicester with a small running battle coming out of filbert street . we were checked 3 times before entry , metal detectors full body pat downs the lot 

I was nine when I went to my first Wednesday match at Hillsborough and i stood with a couple of similar aged mates on the Leppings Lane End. The local school gave out free tickets to the school First XI players.

That was in 1966.

Looking back, that was a bit scary and I certainy would not let my grandchildren attend on their own.

On the other hand, I got hooked (or should I say chained) on Wednesday ever since.

Me and my mate who lived next door and, by the way was a blade,  decided to hitch it to Everton on Easter Monday 1967/68 season. We walked to Ecclesfield from Firth Park where we lived and got picked up by a couple going to the match. I think they were so shocked we were hitching it they looked after us all day and dropped us off home after the match...we lost 1-0 as well lol We were 14 at the time.

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

???? 

Slight misquote from me. Apologies. The message was:

The club rule along with all clubs within the EFL do not allow entry into the stadium without an accompanying adult if you are 14 or under.

She went on to say it's referenced in the clubs customer charter.

So, it's not necessarily an EFL rule, but a club rule which all EFL clubs have in place.

2 hours ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Slight misquote from me. Apologies. The message was:

The club rule along with all clubs within the EFL do not allow entry into the stadium without an accompanying adult if you are 14 or under.

She went on to say it's referenced in the clubs customer charter.

So, it's not necessarily an EFL rule, but a club rule which all EFL clubs have in place.

Cheers... It's the kind of stupid rule the EFL would put in place though