Dawson

53 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

I’ve never been a goalkeeper but not sure why he was on his knees in the middle of the goal as that header went in and not flinging himself towards far post.

You read my mind - I need to see that again to work out how far he was when it was headed - impossible to save maybe - but there no attempt. He does not inspire me with confidence when he has the ball at his feet. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

As I recall, he got dragged towards the front post for the goal, getting totally out of position, and leaving three quarters of the goal unprotected again.

I'll focus on the positives but we really need a better keeper than Dawson.

Gordon Banks saved a header like that once, otherwise I'm struggling...

• Like 2

We’re obviously odds on to get relegated and can’t have errors when we’re generally only ever going to scrape 1-0 wins to survive.

Dropping Vasquez is the only thing I don’t understand so far from DR.

He was the only decent signing we made in the Summer apart from Mo Diaby from what we saw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have won 2 games. Vasquez and Gregory played in neither victories, yet there is a campaign to get both in the team.

I'm not particularly against either of these players, but it seems a strange campaign. Probably from the same fans singing Danny Röhl chant every week....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, goodytheowl said:

Cheers for the comments Cameron and buddies.

He goes down on his knees and doesn’t dive before he’s even headed it. Schoolboy effort.

Vazquez saves that all day. I get that it’s important to give a keeper a long run but take your blue tinted specs off FFS 

No way near as good as Dawson.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WimJunk said:

We have won 2 games. Vasquez and Gregory played in neither victories, yet there is a campaign to get both in the team.

I'm not particularly against either of these players, but it seems a strange campaign. Probably from the same fans singing Danny Röhl chant every week....

Is there really a campaign to get Gregory in the team, or have you just made that up? 

39 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Fidst half a good save with his foot when going the wrong way.

That didn't look spectacular but it was a tremendous save.  Another one where he ran out to just palm it away from an onrushing player, and yet another with his feet. These don't look like "stunning saves" but they are just as important.

There's too much analysis of GKs, you can't blame every goal on the keeper.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Dawson is a sound enough keeper

No keeper is infallible - especially with some of ridiculous defending he's had to cope with

As we get more settled and confident so too will his confidence come back.

Hopefully folk will give him a bit of breathing space now

• Like 5

2 hours ago, goodytheowl said:

We’re obviously odds on to get relegated and can’t have errors when we’re generally only ever going to scrape 1-0 wins to survive.

Dropping Vasquez is the only thing I don’t understand so far from DR.

He was the only decent signing we made in the Summer apart from Mo Diaby from what we saw.

I don't think Vasquez has played under Röhl so not dropped as such?

1 hour ago, WimJunk said:

Do we have to make every game, even 3-1 wins, about Dawson? Really?

Surely it’s worse to only make it about him when we lose…plus I see plenty of threads about other players, so what’s your point?

The guy did well under a lot of pressure, he deserves praise

• Like 1