Blackburn though

12 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Top manager   The greatest Wednesday mystery of recent times is how Chancer came to take on top bloke like we now got

It is a genuine mystery. I am told stuffing ball had nothing to do with it.

What amazes me even more is Channers interviewed him in Summer and still appointed The Mobile Disco.  Que  surprise, Stuffing Ball WAS behind Disco Ball. 

So to think we actually got a second chance to land Danny n team, that IS quite amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Was it their manager who got sent off ?

What was he up to ?  Complaining about the second goal ?

Apparently Paterson was supposed to get out of their players way so he could tackle Neymarv but he didn't so it should have been a foul

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 00:15, scram said:

Blackburn can be a very good side but like Sunderland their results are all over the place

Absolutely this. On another day, they put one or two of their big chances away and we fluff our lines, as we have done for most of the season. 

How much better would we feel if those fine margins at both ends hadn't gone against us in the games against Leicester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Preston...etc. 

On 02/12/2023 at 19:10, vulva said:
On 02/12/2023 at 18:27, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Barnard is a real prospect 

Very good player this lad. Won’t be here next season if we go down. 

Can't imagine DC getting his act together to give him a contract. He'll be snapped up on a free in Jan and possibly not be allowed to play if history is anything to go by.

On 02/12/2023 at 18:33, Bluesteel. said:

I rate szmodics as a player, don’t think we defended his goal well but every time I’ve seen him he’s had spells of being very difficult to deal with. They have a team full of players I’ve not really heard of but all sound technically. They scout well and a model we probably need to adopt. They are sorely missing Diaz though

He reminds me of Chris Maguire -  OK if he plays for you , if he doesn’t  - a right c**t 

12 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Enjoyed reading the comments from szmodics earlier when he said that we are in a false position and they knew we were a good side since Roehl came in.  And how we deserved to beat Leicester 

I've promised myself I won't get hopeful too soon, but wouldn't it be great if things have started to click with the squad now and going forward we'll just start picking up points and get back to how things were at the end of last season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

I've promised myself I won't get hopeful too soon, but wouldn't it be great if things have started to click with the squad now and going forward we'll just start picking up points and get back to how things were at the end of last season.

Yes fingers crossed we've started to "click" now.   The next two (away) games are ones teams can easily lose even when playing well,  but the most important thing is our level of performance remains the same until the end of the season.   If we do that then we will at least beat the lowest points total by Rotherham.  Some relief! 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 13:31, squonk said:

Apparently Paterson was supposed to get out of their players way so he could tackle Neymarv but he didn't so it should have been a foul

I think if a foul was given for our second we couldn't really complain about it.
At the time from my seat in the North Stand my initial thought was I was a foul and would probably felt aggrieved if the other way.

But my other thoughts are stuff em! For every duff refereeing decision in our favour we seem to have 5 against us.