Are people really going to renew their season tickets?

26 minutes ago, Hyde2005 said:

i go cause i like to go . its nothing to do with what owner is in charge . ive already shelled out anyway . if the club goes bust or i drop dead the money aint relevant 

Good analogy, I could say the same about my Sky subscription.

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

For me it's the complete lack of entertainment, goodwill, good atmosphere and good vibes.  We're now, sadly, only about 6 games from it getting super toxic again.  I've been planning on taking my 6 year old to his first game but no chance in this current climate.

Add that to the bonkers and self harming ownership, plus the laughable prices and I don't even think about going at the moment.  The decline  which has come from his stupidity and stubbornness has been going on far too long.

I'm also at that age where I don't feel obliged.

As a mini protest it's just a bonus.

I completely agree with everything you’ve said. Pretty much word for word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's not the super toxic I dig that man ( 70's bro ) it's the  "again" lol

Sounded awful before xisco got the boot..or has everyone just given up?

I've seen it bad quite a few times..How about Darren Purses 2nd messed up backpass in 10 minutes when I didnt think he would finish the match without the north stand lynching him.

Or Carlos's last month when most season ticket holders were bothered about going and people were taking bedsheets on the kop with Carlos out scrawled on it in marker.

Or people nearly getting into fights when they dared to take black balloons into the match.

But yes they were a long time ago.

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

I've been complaining about the prices since DC 1st arrived. Despite having a season ticket for the 1st 6 years of his reign (and 35 consecutive years before that). There has been loads complaining about the prices (especially POTD) on this site for many years.

Loads? NO mate isolated but persistent voices? YES I too have consistently raised this topic But nothing like we are seeing now

Chansiri needs to take responsibility for his pricing and actions 

he’s got us priced higher than half the premier league and yet he’s splashing around with a league one club signing free transfers or low fees 

let’s be fair despite signing all the players this season which needed to make our squad up 

non are or we’re championship proven players never mind promotion team players 

hes absolutely gone savage on our fan base loyalty especially after seeing the support through the play offs last season 

for what we pay I expect the club to at least be run diligently but we’ve been nothing short of diabolical in handling transfers out to generate income or even retaining our best youngsters 

If he ran the club diligently he wouldn’t have to try and fleece the fans for the money but all he does is wax money makes poor decisions on recruitment, doesn’t generate any revenue or have a policy to generate money through transfers 

he desperately needs two major employees 

a chief executive running the club and being focused on non football revenue 

and a director of football who oversees everything football related from philosophy, structure, transfer policy, youth development, first team success and support 

and these two need to have the freedom to run the club and report back to chansiri at board level 

chansiri never needs to be anywhere near the club except as a supporter 

take he’s keys and computer off him he’s a failed incompetent operator 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

On 15/11/2023 at 13:55, Ian said:

What, that anyone who doesn’t agree with your own opinion is disgusting?

no, not in my life

LOL you can continue 'marking your own homework' for as long as you like,you WONT put words in my mouth.....If YOU think your own opinion is disgusting,thats your issue..perhaps you would care to 'cut and paste'any such remark from me where i have said,or even IMPLIED such?

On the contrary i have posted the exact opposite...Everyone must make up their own mind......its THEIR money...Try critiquing something i HAVE said,rather than what you think..

• Like 1

The test will be the pricing. How daft will they be.

How much will folk be prepared to pay for a ST for another stint in the 'pub league'. Even at earlybird prices.

If we are relegated, which is looking increasingly likely. There will have to be big cuts in the playing staff and wage bill.

We can look forward to a team full of players on free transfers and cast offs from the lower leagues. And probably a manager like Steve Evans, as I doubt DR will be here.

What would we be willing to fork out for that?

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 14:23, Rotherham Owl said:

No they weren't. They were facing a winding up order which would have meant entering administration. Administration and going out of existence are two different things.

The only time to buy a Club is when the current owner is prepared to sell it. Chansiri currently isnt prepared to sell it.

Unfortunately, I dont think chanting Chansiri out, throwing tennis balls, not buying season tickets or putting up banners will encourage never mind force Chansiri to sell.

Not buying season tickets 

Not buying any of the crap in the club shop 

Not buying POTD tickets , are the EXACT way to get him out .

.Chancer only cares about Screwing the fans for as much money as he can to service the debts HE created . 

Our money isn't being used to the quality of players we need in the championship.Its not bring used to improve the stadium to give supporters a better matchday environment  

Our money is used to pay CHANCER rent on the stadium , pays the loans HE owes New Avenue Projects, and to help him claw back some of the money he has wasted .

When will some of our fans wake up .

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The test will be the pricing. How daft will they be.

How much will folk be prepared to pay for a ST for another stint in the 'pub league'. Even at earlybird prices.

If we are relegated, which is looking increasingly likely. There will have to be big cuts in the playing staff and wage bill.

We can look forward to a team full of players on free transfers and cast offs from the lower leagues. And probably a manager like Steve Evans, as I doubt DR will be here.

What would we be willing to fork out for that?

We'll be made to pay prices higher than most premiership clubs. Some playing in Europe, to watch a sheite group of players struggle against a recently added member of the EFL.

And people still love this. Masochists, the lot of em.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Have watched Wednesday for years. 

The main reason I go these days has nothing to do with the club but because my son loves football and it is great to spend time with him. 

I suspect that if he goes to university I may stop going as things stand now as I wouldn't want to pay inflated prices for a substandard product knowing we could go bust at any time.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, parajack said:

LOL you can continue 'marking your own homework' for as long as you like,you WONT put words in my mouth.....If YOU think your own opinion is disgusting,thats your issue..perhaps you would care to 'cut and paste'any such remark from me where i have said,or even IMPLIED such?

On the contrary i have posted the exact opposite...Everyone must make up their own mind......its THEIR money...Try critiquing something i HAVE said,rather than what you think..

Not sure what you are on about here and I suspect you’ve lost track of the conversation given that it started on page 1. My comment wasn’t aimed at you in any way shape or form, it started as a reply to “Steelman”’s comment on page 1 basically saying it was disgusting that that people would even think of renewing.

I basically replied to that saying that I thought people with that view were strange given that they didn’t even know the people who may think that never mind their circumstances and you then joined the debate asking me for clarification.

I replied to you confirming my original comment. Not sure why you think I’ve aimed any of this at you or said that your or anyones opinion is disgusting. As I said, Steelman is the person behind the disgusting comment 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Not sure what you are on about here and I suspect you’ve lost track of the conversation given that it started on page 1. My comment wasn’t aimed at you in any way shape or form, it started as a reply to “Steelman”’s comment on page 1 basically saying it was disgusting that that people would even think of renewing.

I basically replied to that saying that I thought people with that view were strange given that they didn’t even know the people who may think that never mind their circumstances and you then joined the debate asking me for clarification.

I replied to you confirming my original comment. Not sure why you think I’ve aimed any of this at you or said that your or anyones opinion is disgusting. As I said, Steelman is the person behind the disgusting comment 

Your post begins mate: 'Parajack said'...re read it yourself....I simply replied to your quotation......Quote: 

On 15/11/2023 at 11:55, parajack said:

Very few of us 'know' other users...lol we make a comment based on their VIEWS and opinions,as they do ours......on every topic football & SWFC related.....THIS topic is probably the most important...

Isnt that how football forums work?????

What, that anyone who doesn’t agree with your own opinion is disgusting?

no, not in my life

Edited by parajack