Jump to content

Are people really going to renew their season tickets?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

The entire thread is about people renewing their season tickets or not - his opening line is 'I don't have a season ticket - but if I did I would renew'. He lives in Lanzorote - so won't be buying a season ticket, how can somebody saying that they will renew - when they don't have a season ticket - and clearly won't be getting a season ticket - be relevant to a thread about renewing?

 

And why the FFS - instead of looking for an argument - read the post.

I did read the post, I repeat he is entitled to his view many in this thread will not have ST

SO?

People are having their say presumably based around the oft repeated ‘best way’ of getting the Chairman to take notice/leave/sell up whatever

Who made you a Mod to decide who can post in threads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

I did read the post, I repeat he is entitled to his view many in this thread will not have ST

SO?

People are having their say presumably based around the oft repeated ‘best way’ of getting the Chairman to take notice/leave/sell up whatever

Who made you a Mod to decide who can post in threads?

Nobody made me a Mod - but I can follow a thread aimed at whether you will renew or not - and not just argue randomly with whomever takes your fancy.

 

New thread: So to the lucky elite who have managed to bone Taylor Swift - do you plan on boning her again?

 

Lanzorote Owl - "I have never boned her - but I do intend to bone her again".

 

Royalowlisback - "That is irrelevant, because you never boned her in the first place"

 

Parajack - "Put em' up - let me stick it to you".

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

Majority on here not been to a game in years. 

Lol Mate many were forced out by price increase particularly POTG Where was the clamour on (here or elsewhere for that matter) demanding a fairer deal for hard up fans? 
NO where to be seen was it when the Chairman was splashing his money,and we were close to promotion?

Blades £20 quid a game to watch PL football(I think) allowing fans to watch their team affordable?

I have no idea how many on here attend regularly ,I was VERY close this season on the back of Wembley in getting my first Season ticket EVER (always POTG) 

Thankfully I didn’t I simply can not sit through seeing my team,and my Fellow SWFC brothers/sisters suffer like this 

Edited by parajack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Nobody made me a Mod - but I can follow a thread aimed at whether you will renew or not - and not just argue randomly with whomever takes your fancy.

 

New thread: So to the lucky elite who have managed to bone Taylor Swift - do you plan on boning her again?

 

Lanzorote Owl - "I have never boned her - but I do intend to bone her again".

 

Royalowlisback - "That is irrelevant, because you never boned her in the first place"

 

Parajack - "Put em' up - let me stick it to you".

Lol anyone starting a thread about Boning Taylor Swift can’t be all bad mate ha ha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Lol Mate many were forced out by price increase particularly POTG Where was the clamour on (or elsewhere for that matter) demanding a fairer deal for hard up fans? 
NO where to be seen was it when the Chairman was splashing his money,and we were close to promotion?

Blades £20 quid a game to watch PL football(I think) allowing fans to watch their team affordable?

I have no idea how many on here attend regularly ,I was VERY close this season on the back of Wembley in getting my first Season ticket EVER (always POTG) 

Thankfully I didn’t I simply can not sit through seeing my team,and my Fellow SWFC brothers/sisters suffer like this 

I've been complaining about the prices since DC 1st arrived. Despite having a season ticket for the 1st 6 years of his reign (and 35 consecutive years before that). There has been loads complaining about the prices (especially POTD) on this site for many years.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Reading this makes you wonder what it would take for some fans to actually turn on the owner and put the club's long-term future over having a few pints with mates on a Saturday afternoon. 

 

 

thats all its gonna be this season..

 

I cant imagine giving DC any money from now on.

 

I hate to be critical but some people really can't have anything else to do than sit in silence after a couple of beers.  It's just a habit to some.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we got new ownership the crowd at the next game would be more or less the same as the previous game. Cost of living will drive season ticket sales, not the ownership.

 

We all want change, desperately, but it ain’t happening until someone comes over that hill with a big fat cheque. No banner gaffer taped to the front gates will make one iota of difference, as well intentioned as it is. We can shout Gerrim Art until the cows come home, but he isn’t going anywhere until someone gives him his money back. And that’s the golden elephant in this room. Because no one will. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Reading this makes you wonder what it would take for some fans to actually turn on the owner and put the club's long-term future over having a few pints with mates on a Saturday afternoon. 

 

I know where I stand on the morality side of putting money into Chansiri's club, but for others that has different mileage, and nobody can force anybody else's thinking around it.

 

I think for many the true test will be further ticket increases. It wouldn't ever be everybody all at once, but every time the prices rise, there will be increasing numbers who are forced to take a step back and assess what they're doing. In some cases they will be people who haven't thought twice about the cost before, aren't taking a stance on DC either way and maybe even have been sh*tty about other people complaining about being "priced out" in the past..

 

I think it's become clear that Chansiri is absolutely reliant on the fanbase to fund his club. I would be absolutely shocked if the trajectory of ST pricing is anything other than up. Perhaps even sharply.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

 

I know where I stand on the morality side of putting money into Chansiri's club, but for others that has different mileage, and nobody can force anybody else's thinking around it.

 

I think for many the true test will be further ticket increases. It wouldn't ever be everybody all at once, but every time the prices rise, there will be increasing numbers who are forced to take a step back and assess what they're doing. In some cases they will be people who haven't thought twice about the cost before, aren't taking a stance on DC either way and maybe even have been sh*tty about other people complaining about being "priced out" in the past..

 

I think it's become clear that Chansiri is absolutely reliant on the fanbase to fund his club. I would be absolutely shocked if the trajectory of ST pricing is anything other than up. Perhaps even sharply.

For me it's the complete lack of entertainment, goodwill, good atmosphere and good vibes.  We're now, sadly, only about 6 games from it getting super toxic again.  I've been planning on taking my 6 year old to his first game but no chance in this current climate.

 

Add that to the bonkers and self harming ownership, plus the laughable prices and I don't even think about going at the moment.  The decline  which has come from his stupidity and stubbornness has been going on far too long.

 

I'm also at that age where I don't feel obliged.

 

As a mini protest it's just a bonus.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be getting one with my daughter who loves going and is oblivious to what’s going on really! My youngest also wants to start coming more regularly, we’ve had them for past 4 years now ever since she’s got into playing and watching football , I’ve always been pay on day but when she caught the bug she wanted to go away games too so season tickets are best chance to get tickets , I hate what’s going on with dc and hope he leaves soon ! Come January I’ll get the early bird tickets because I’ll be here well after dc and so will Swfc 🤞 

if I don’t get them and miss out on all points I’ve accumulated I’ll be gutted as going Wednesday with family and friends making memories is irreplaceable , we as a whole deserve better wawaw 🦉

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...