Are people really going to renew their season tickets?

5 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Son: Dad why are we going to to watch Chesterfield when we are Wednesday fans.

Dad: Silence

Son: Dad seriously why are we going to watch Chesterfield when we are Wednesday fans.

Dad: Further Silence

Son: OK then can you explain to me how you are going to buy Chesterfield season tickets for next year based on their early bird prices (renewals only) this year. I think some random posters on that football forum you post on might also like to know how you get 4 nights at Center Parcs for £499 (or even double that) in the school holidays.

I apologise.

You are right, upon closer inspection, the ticket prices I quoted were for existing season ticket holders.

The prices for new season ticket holders are a full £20 per person more.

For the very odd random posters on Owlstalk that are so concerned about what I spend my money on - I can inform them that I am also prepared to take my child out of school to meet the £499 April price offered. I hope your moral outrage can cope with that personal choice of mine.

After the ignorance of your first few points - I think you should also be aware that it doesn’t take much for an eight year old to change their allegiance. Particularly to a club where they live, who they already watch regularly and who most of their friends already support.

I’m not really sure what your overall point is. As an individual that can think for themselves and can decide how best to parent my kid - I’ve made a choice that I’ll be sticking with. I believe thousands of Wednesday supporters will be making the same choice in the next few months. 

That is a choice for me. It’s my money, my time and my set of ethical principles.

It is also your right to keep giving Chansiri your money regardless of what he does. 

It’s not the way I’ll be going, but I appreciate it is your prerogative.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I’m more than 100% confident you can push and pull through.

Best wishes.

You’ve made yourself look a right old weapon in this thread. Step away from the cookie jar son. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

You’ve made yourself look a right old weapon in this thread. Step away from the cookie jar son. 

I don’t think so.

But thanks for your advice - yet again.

Just be confident with your own personal choices. There’s no need to be such a tight cat (should read p u s s y) about the choices made by others.

Just relax a bit, and you’d probably enjoy yourself a bit more.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I apologise.

You are right, upon closer inspection, the ticket prices I quoted were for existing season ticket holders.

For the very odd random posters on Owlstalk that are so concerned about what I spend my money on - I can inform them that I am also prepared to take my child out of school to meet the £499 April price offered. I hope your moral outrage can cope with that personal choice of mine.

After the ignorance of your first few points - I think you should also be aware that it doesn’t take much for an eight year old to change their allegiance. Particularly to a club where they live, who they already watch regularly and who most of their friends already support.

I’m not really sure what your overall point is. As an individual that can think for themselves and can decide how best to parent my kid - I’ve made a choice that I’ll be sticking with. I believe thousands of Wednesday supporters will be making the same choice in the next few months. 

That is a choice for me. It’s my money, my time and my set of ethical principles.

It is also your right to keep giving Chansiri your money regardless of what he does. 

Most posts have been light-hearted and not aimed at your parenting, how you choose to spend your money  nor your 8 year.

But on a serious note, are you now a Spireite? Is your 15 year old and your un-named other adult. I personally couldn't change from being a Wednesday fan and no F**k up of a chainman would ever change that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I apologise.

Tbf your right on the support thing. My older lad was full Wednesday before we moved.

Zero interest in watching Wednesday these days. Most of his mates are NRL fans. So that's his go to. 

They change there mind depending on what's available. Only natural. Nothing wrong with that.

You do you mate.

Edited by Maddogbob

9 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

But on a serious note, are you now a Spireite? Is your 15 year old and your un-named other adult. I personally couldn't change from being a Wednesday fan and no F**k up of a chainman would ever change that.

Of course not.

it’s too late for us. However, for the last few months it’s still been a pleasurable experience to watch them. The ground is bouncing, they’re winning and playing great football.

Plus, whilst not passionately supporting them, they are our hometown club - we want them to win.

My 8 year old is a mad Wednesday fan, however I do accept he’s at an age where there’s a chance he’ll turn.

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

You'll be lucky, that's where you go to retire.

I'm not far off tbf, grandson wants a season ticket now as his dad doesn't wanna go under Chansiri anymore so it's now down to me to make sure he remains a wednesday fan

• Like 1