Are people really going to renew their season tickets?

12 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Unfortunately for Wednesday, it’ll be more like:-

Dad:- we are not going to watch Wednesday until Mr Chansiri has sold the club.

Son:- Why?

Dad:- Because Mr Chansiri has sucked all life and hope out of the club and it’ll continue to get worse whilst ever he’s here. So instead, we are going to have a shorter journey to watch Chesterfield. You can sit with your mates, have one of those hot dogs you like and we’ll have enough money left to pay for Center Parcs at Easter.

Son:- Dad why would we go to watch Chesterfield, we are Wednesday fans.

Son:- and dad how do you get to go to Centre Parcs at Easter for £63 (the difference in 2 season tickets at Hillsborough and Chesterfield)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/11/2023 at 14:08, Rotherham Owl said:

I agree

Yep, players being overpaid and under performing was another reason those that dont go anyway use to use previously.

Others? Your the one struggling for excuses mate NOT those who are choosing to make a stand 

I make my OWN decisions and YES Ime as big a hypocrite for breaking them as anyone else but you have NO idea whatsoever who attends/does not attend S6 do you?

On Owlstalk or the wider fan base you do t know do you? An opinion presented as a fact by one Forum member than repeated by you cos it suits your own agenda 

In this thread alone multiple people have said they are not renewing who have decades of support for the Club 

Disagree with their actions if you want but don’t disrespect them

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Son:- and dad how do you get to go to Centre Parcs at Easter for £63 (the difference in 2 season tickets at Hillsborough and Chesterfield)

I don't think Chesterfield are exactly cheap, £20 for cheapest seat for Non League I think is expensive.
Think you have to go quite down the pyramid (level 9 and 10) for £5 tickets.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, parajack said:

Others? Your the one struggling for excuses mate NOT those who are choosing to make a stand 

I make my OWN decisions and YES Ime as big a hypocrite for breaking them as anyone else but you have NO idea whatsoever who attends/does not attend S6 do you?

On Owlstalk or the wider fan base you do t know do you? An opinion presented as a fact by one Forum member than repeated by you cos it suits your own agenda 

In this thread alone multiple people have said they are not renewing who have decades of support for the Club 

Disagree with their actions if you want but don’t disrespect them

So glad to see you've reappeared......I was concerned Ellis's verdict on your performance in this thread might have been too much for you

YOU STILL NEED TO FIX THE CAPS LOCK ISSUE THOUGH......makes you look permanently angry!

Whether it be Stocksbridge, Hallam, Sheffield FC , Worksop Town ...I'd implore anyone to give non-league a go, especially if you have kids. 

Most clubs have a stand, programmes, catering, a bar...and the price difference is huge.  You really feel like you're contributing to the running of the club and your support is very much appreciated.

A lot better atmosphere and , quite frankly,  the difference in quality isn't exactly mind blowing. 

• Love 1

On 20/11/2023 at 22:54, Rhubarb n Custard said:

If your favourite pub started serving shìt beer would you keep buying it and how long for ?

Not so much serving poor beer but the pub that I've used pre-match pub for many years has started to go downhill; poor service, more expensive than other pubs in the area etc.  I still go in pre-match, not at other times anymore, mostly for the same reason that I'll be renewing my season ticket; there are many of my mates that I only see on matchdays, home and away, in that pub or in the ground.  It's a way of life that I'm reluctant to change.

Edited by wisewoodowl
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Whether it be Stocksbridge, Hallam, Sheffield FC , Worksop Town ...I'd implore anyone to give non-league a go, especially if you have kids. 

Most clubs have a stand, programmes, catering, a bar...and the price difference is huge.  You really feel like you're contributing to the running of the club and your support is very much appreciated.

A lot better atmosphere and , quite frankly,  the difference in quality isn't exactly mind blowing. 

I sometimes go watch frickley if we arnt playing but I've never  ever thought it was a better atmosphere and the quality is way below wednesday ...non-league is fine but it  dont compare .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Firstly, I don’t but just two season tickets.

Secondly, we already know from

the price of three year season tickets that I’ll be looking at a minimum of £650 at Early Bird.

So if you are going to try and be clever, at least get the figures right.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rotherham Owl said:

The Family Stand at Chesterfield (Early Bird) - 2 adults and 2 U16’s (one 8 yr, one 15 yr)- Total cost (340x2 + 76x2)

= £832.

At Hillsborough (speculating based on last year and multi year deals) - (650x2 +100+40) = £1440

Difference = £608.

Leaving me £109 spending money after I’ve booked my four night lodge in April for £499 (as of today).

Of course, in reality, you know I mentioned Center Parcs to highlight the price difference - which is entirely justified.

Of course, if I’m wrong and the Early Bird prices are far cheaper than above, I will take back my Center Parcs claim.

But still won’t be buying one until Chansiri is out of the club.

I trust that is ok with you? But of course, I’m perfectly happy to justify to random posters on Owlstalk what I choose to spend my money on 

lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

So glad to see you've reappeared......I was concerned Ellis's verdict on your performance in this thread might have been too much for you

YOU STILL NEED TO FIX THE CAPS LOCK ISSUE THOUGH......makes you look permanently angry!

Incorrect I have posted every day I havnt seen Ellis verdict or anyone else’s for that matter but it won’t change your post go and patronise someone else social media is full of nobs like you spouting from behind keyboards 

You will note that unlike you I have refrained from indulging in trolling this thread but instead simply POST MY VIEWS 

None of your posts will be replied to by me in future 

On 20/11/2023 at 19:53, Ellis Rimmer said:

Right lads here it is 

I think Ian is in the right...Parajack wades in without appreciating the context in which what Ian was quoting

Ian refers back to the Steelman post saying he's disgusted as a reference back to the original point, Parajack didn't pick up on this and assumed Ian was misquoting him 

Ian again points this out and Parajack doubles down

Not to worry, WAWAW?

Parajack replied to Ian quoting HIM and replied to that Who goes back to the start of say An 8 page thread and reads all comments like you have? It’s like slating a ref for making a decision 

when later VAR decides different? 
I appreciate you taking the time to look at this exchange,as it enabled others to stop looking at this nonsense but I have to say regarding me, your not coming across as impartial are you? With your comments?

As to the stamp collector keyboard warrior,Why quote me? If his reference is to things not said by me? And so on. 
Main point is (and why I stopped replying) is it’s a Distraction

59 minutes ago, parajack said:

Parajack replied to Ian quoting HIM and replied to that Who goes back to the start of say An 8 page thread and reads all comments like you have? It’s like slating a ref for making a decision 

when later VAR decides different? 
I appreciate you taking the time to look at this exchange,as it enabled others to stop looking at this nonsense but I have to say regarding me, your not coming across as impartial are you? With your comments?

As to the stamp collector keyboard warrior,Why quote me? If his reference is to things not said by me? And so on. 
Main point is (and why I stopped replying) is it’s a Distraction

I think you’re struggling to understand the context in which posts are made. For example if I reacted to your post like you did with Ian it would be something like:

I HAVE NEVER called you a STAMP COLLECTOR keyboard warrior,  quote ME where I said that. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I think you’re struggling to understand the context in which posts are made. For example if I reacted to your post like you did with Ian it would be something like:

I HAVE NEVER called you a STAMP COLLECTOR keyboard warrior,  quote ME where I said that. 

I appreciate the time you have taken to take a view of my disagreement with Ian (for a bit of fun) I take it as such,with tongue in cheek,ie it doesn’t matter either way,in the great scheme of things He has shown himself to be a full weight stroker but Ime sure he is a legend in his own front room.

If you think Ime struggling with context the best people to take that up with(respectfully) is Sheffield Hallam University who gave me a BA. (Hons) Communication Studies 

With that in mind Ime not likley struggling with context am I? Lol  but thanks in friendship for your view which I politely disagree with WAWAW 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The Family Stand at Chesterfield (Early Bird) - 2 adults and 2 U16’s (one 8 yr, one 15 yr)- Total cost (340x2 + 76x2)

= £832.

At Hillsborough (speculating based on last year and multi year deals) - (650x2 +100+40) = £1440

Difference = £608.

Leaving me £109 spending money after I’ve booked my four night lodge in April for £499 (as of today).

Of course, in reality, you know I mentioned Center Parcs to highlight the price difference - which is entirely justified.

Of course, if I’m wrong and the Early Bird prices are far cheaper than above, I will take back my Center Parcs claim.

But still won’t be buying one until Chansiri is out of the club.

I trust that is ok with you? But of course, I’m perfectly happy to justify to random posters on Owlstalk what I choose to spend my money on 

lol

Son: Dad why are we going to to watch Chesterfield when we are Wednesday fans.

Dad: Silence

Son: Dad seriously why are we going to watch Chesterfield when we are Wednesday fans.

Dad: Further Silence

Son: OK then can you explain to me how you are going to buy Chesterfield season tickets for next year based on their early bird prices (renewals only) this year. I think some random posters on that football forum you post on might also like to know how you get 4 nights at Center Parcs for £499 (or even double that) in the school holidays.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, parajack said:

I appreciate the time you have taken to take a view of my disagreement with Ian (for a bit of fun) I take it as such,with tongue in cheek,ie it doesn’t matter either way,in the great scheme of things He has shown himself to be a full weight stroker but Ime sure he is a legend in his own front room.

If you think Ime struggling with context the best people to take that up with(respectfully) is Sheffield Hallam University who gave me a BA. (Hons) Communication Studies 

With that in mind Ime not likley struggling with context am I? Lol  but thanks in friendship for your view which I politely disagree with WAWAW 

Gracefully accepting defeat……everyone can see you’ve made a bit of an idiot of yourself…..you really do need to calm down and have a pill