Are people really going to renew their season tickets?

On 14/11/2023 at 11:30, WimJunk said:

if I do renew, it will be more through blind loyalty than anything else.

And that’s nothing to be ashamed of. I know there’s thousands of ST holders for who going to the game is the highlight of their week, whoever the owner is and however the team are doing. They literally live for those days. They shouldn’t be ridiculed for it by those who may choose to boycott the club. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2023 at 11:26, overlandandsea said:

They must be crackers, im Only attending at the minute because I have a free ticket. 

there’s no way I’d be paying to watch this let alone renewing for league 1

I haven't had one since COVID.

I still had some money in my account so went to the Millwall game.  Enough said!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

And that’s nothing to be ashamed of. I know there’s thousands of ST holders for who going to the game is the highlight of their week, whoever the owner is and however the team are doing. They literally live for those days. They shouldn’t be ridiculed for it by those who may choose to boycott the club. 

The whole match day is the highlight of my week.

That’s why I’m gutted Chansiri has put me in a position where I’m having to give that up in order to try to force a change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The whole match day is the highlight of my week.

That’s why I’m gutted Chansiri has put me in a position where I’m having to give that up in order to try to force a change.

I feel for you Trev and other people like you. I can take or leave it - as it happens I work some matchdays now but I am still going when I can. Mainly for the social side I must admit. Although I do wanna support the team and the new gaffer. 

The owner tho - he can F off 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

NO fan need to be ashamed NONE....

• Like 1

Not one of us should be criticised or feel guilty about how we choose to watch our Wednesday.  For many Wednesday is perhaps the one thing that keeps them going and has done for many years despite the disappointment at times.  It's a way of life and should not be subjected to an either/or decision because of the antics of this particular Chairman/Owner who has put in in this awful situation. We will always support our Wednesday because its who we are and what we do.

Always has been and always will be.

Rant over.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Not one of us should be criticised or feel guilty about how we choose to watch our Wednesday.  For many Wednesday is perhaps the one thing that keeps them going and has done for many years despite the disappointment at times.  It's a way of life and should not be subjected to an either/or decision because of the antics of this particular Chairman/Owner who has put in in this awful situation. We will always support our Wednesday because its who we are and what we do.

Always has been and always will be.

Rant over.

There’s a couple sit in front of us, think they’re father and daughter she’s probs 40s and her dad 60s.  You can tell they’ve been coming for years and love their club, they (like many) probably don’t give a f*** who the owner is or what he does 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Its not just “having a few pints tho?” Ive just started taking my young daughter to the games and she LOVES IT. She doesn’t have a clue about the politics side of football. She just loves going to watch the Wednesday and to enjoy the atmosphere going to a match on a Saturday is mine and her way of doing something together that we both enjoy. 

its the old saying… its more than just a game. 

Did the same with my son at that age.

Still going together 20 years on.

Been through lots of ups and downs with Wednesday together. 

Created a great bond between us and some good memories. 

That's why we'll renew next season.

Good for you mate,  hope you're still taking your daughter in 20 years time.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SHUowl said:

If it's only a few pints on a Saturday with mates to you then it's easier to walk away from. I'm happy for you. 

I properly can't understand why this is causing a split again, it's like some of you jizz off to a fan base divided. "We're all together on a subject, what do we do?" "Slag off the ones still going to get, that'll do it" 

Different people go for different reasons. I've wanted Chansiri gone for a long time, long before people started to wake up to it all. I'll still get a season ticket. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. 

I ******** love this club and love going to games, I'm fortunate that I'm able to. That's the whole point of supporting a club to me. Those 90 mins plus on a Saturday are a time when I'm not thinking about the incoming mortgage rise, the reports I've got due next week, whether or not it's going to ******** it down as soon as I put my washing out. It's 90 plus minutes of being surrounded by a community of people in a world where community is few and far between. It's 90 plus minutes of catching up with my brother and having a good time with the people that sit around me every game. Or, a collective misery, but a collective one. 90 plus minutes of familiarity, consistency and comfort in the knowledge that while Im getting older and the world's a poo storm I can still either be ******** buzzing or miserable with the same 20k people. 

If it's just a few beers with the lads for you, and you're not wrapped up in supporting a football club as deep as all that, fizz it off. But don't get on your high horse to the people that still want to go and see that big blue rust bucket of a home because for better or worse they love it. 

I'll happily protest, petition, sing chansiri out, do whatever I want otherwise but yeah, I'll get a season ticket and I'll moan about it all over again. Footballs complicated like that.

Do you think going to the games right now and buying a season ticket is better for the long term future of the club or worse?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

There’s a couple sit in front of us, think they’re father and daughter she’s probs 40s and her dad 60s.  You can tell they’ve been coming for years and love their club, they (like many) probably don’t give a f*** who the owner is or what he does 

Salt of the earth supporters and Wednesday are probably a huge part of their lives. Without going on a rant about the Chairman this is what he simply doesn't understand and never will. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Do you think going to the games right now and buying a season ticket is better for the long term future of the club or worse?

If you actually read and understood his post, you’d know it’s absolutely better for the long term future of HIM and probably his mental health

• Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Did the same with my son at that age.

Still going together 20 years on.

Been through lots of ups and downs with Wednesday together. 

Created a great bond between us and some good memories. 

That's why we'll renew next season.

Good for you mate,  hope you're still taking your daughter in 20 years time.

Class. Im sure we will go through ups and downs just like yourself. Shes defo catching the bug as at 4-0 this was her…

happy as lary, not a care about the result. Just happy to be there 

2D3E5376-E94B-4D0B-A0FC-5A85529B9C63.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

If you actually read and understood his post, you’d know it’s absolutely better for the long term future of HIM and probably his mental health

He made assumptions about me and my motives. I think he's old enough to also make his own statements on his mental health, coming in and throwing that about is incredibly crass, we don't need to weaponise mental health like that to shut down discussion. If he can rant on about things that have no relevance to me, make assumptions, go on about fans being 'slagged' off then he should also be able to consider others views on going or not going to the game.

I'm not going out of principle, it's more important to me the owner leaves and this is the first time in 4 years I've lived closed enough to actually go to games week in week out. We have different views and that's fine, but whats not fine is throwing in the mental health card like you have, whats also not fine is dreaming up scenarios about other posters to fit one's own rhetoric. Thats what is dividing the fan base more. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 14/11/2023 at 12:43, Steelman said:

Exactly this.

We're probably on the cusp of trading insolvently and yet fans are prepared to give him thousands for 3 & 5 year Season Tickets. 

The stupidity of people never fails to disgust me. 

On 14/11/2023 at 16:50, Ian said:

The stupidity of people commenting on other people's decisions without even knowing them never mind their circumstances never fails to amaze me

On 15/11/2023 at 11:55, parajack said:

Very few of us 'know' other users...lol we make a comment based on their VIEWS and opinions,as they do ours......on every topic football & SWFC related.....THIS topic is probably the most important...

Isnt that how football forums work?????

On 15/11/2023 at 13:55, Ian said:

What, that anyone who doesn’t agree with your own opinion is disgusting?

no, not in my life

On 17/11/2023 at 12:08, parajack said:

LOL you can continue 'marking your own homework' for as long as you like,you WONT put words in my mouth.....If YOU think your own opinion is disgusting,thats your issue..perhaps you would care to 'cut and paste'any such remark from me where i have said,or even IMPLIED such?

On the contrary i have posted the exact opposite...Everyone must make up their own mind......its THEIR money...Try critiquing something i HAVE said,rather than what you think..

On 18/11/2023 at 10:05, Ian said:

Not sure what you are on about here and I suspect you’ve lost track of the conversation given that it started on page 1. My comment wasn’t aimed at you in any way shape or form, it started as a reply to “Steelman”’s comment on page 1 basically saying it was disgusting that that people would even think of renewing.

I basically replied to that saying that I thought people with that view were strange given that they didn’t even know the people who may think that never mind their circumstances and you then joined the debate asking me for clarification.

I replied to you confirming my original comment. Not sure why you think I’ve aimed any of this at you or said that your or anyones opinion is disgusting. As I said, Steelman is the person behind the disgusting comment 

On 18/11/2023 at 11:18, parajack said:

Your post begins mate: 'Parajack said'...re read it yourself....I simply replied to your quotation......Quote: 

On 15/11/2023 at 11:55, parajack said:

Very few of us 'know' other users...lol we make a comment based on their VIEWS and opinions,as they do ours......on every topic football & SWFC related.....THIS topic is probably the most important...

no, not in my life

On 18/11/2023 at 12:17, Ian said:

“Parajack said” is site generated to show who said the comment!!!!!

re read the thread and you’ll see 

On 18/11/2023 at 16:12, parajack said:

Ime aware of how the quote button works....there are no one elses comments in the quoted section but MINE...therefor whatever you THOUGHT you were replying to,you have in fact started your post with':

'parajack said' site doesnt auto generate that,you would have had to select 'quote' in a post i made....

Whats your next excuse?

On 18/11/2023 at 22:35, Ian said:

I dont need an excuse because having looked once again there is nothing in any of my posts where I have typed myself "parajack said"

It's simply not there and everyone can see that

Perhaps to help me and others see what you are on about could you post a screen shot or at least say on which page of this thread I'm supposed to have typed that

Or perhaps a mod could explain to parajack how things work here

On 19/11/2023 at 12:10, parajack said:

Ian

Posted Wednesday at 13:55

On 15/11/2023 at 11:55, parajack said:

no, not in my life

Highlighted last sentence,is your reply to my post,which YOU quoted hence 'parajack said'...Now  Jog on FOOL.....

Right lads here it is 

I think Ian is in the right...Parajack wades in without appreciating the context in which what Ian was quoting

Ian refers back to the Steelman post saying he's disgusted as a reference back to the original point, Parajack didn't pick up on this and assumed Ian was misquoting him 

Ian again points this out and Parajack doubles down

Not to worry, WAWAW?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, 0742 said:

He made assumptions about me and my motives. I think he's old enough to also make his own statements on his mental health, coming in and throwing that about is incredibly crass, we don't need to weaponise mental health like that to shut down discussion. If he can rant on about things that have no relevance to me, make assumptions, go on about fans being 'slagged' off then he should also be able to consider others views on going or not going to the game.

I'm not going out of principle, it's more important to me the owner leaves and this is the first time in 4 years I've lived closed enough to actually go to games week in week out. We have different views and that's fine, but whats not fine is throwing in the mental health card like you have, whats also not fine is dreaming up scenarios about other posters to fit one's own rhetoric. Thats what is dividing the fan base more. 

He quoted how going to games helped him forget the day to day stuff (mortgage / work). Without such a distraction life might be a bit tougher for him - I don’t throw the ‘mental health’ tag around carelessly. I’ve known enough people suffer with mental health including my own child to know better than that. I don’t know the fella. I don’t know if he has issues but he stated going to games helped him so that’s good enough for me. 

I also don’t attack other fans for their stand on various issues nor was I ‘dreaming up scenarios’ to fit whatever rhetoric you think I have. 

Let’s leave it there. 

UTO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 0742 said:

I don't think it'll make the blindest bit of difference either way. 

Chansiri is a rot that needs to be cut out but I don't think season tickets will be a factor in any change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1