Are people really going to renew their season tickets?

10 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

40 years of continuous season tickets (barring one year) will be coming to an end in our house.

My 8 year old will be upset, but I’ll explain why to him and that we will back.

I won’t put another penny in until Chansiri has gone.

The 8 year old won’t give a Shiite about DC or the issues. What he will do is lose interest in football as a result and you will regret it down the line. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

If I can afford it..I'll be renewing..Simply because I want to.

Now fair enough you can call me from pillar to f.ookin' post, but I don't give a flyer about that either.

No excuses...I simply love going to Hillsborough, despite the idiot in charge, because its MY football club.

Those whe espouse fans "Going in spite of Chansiri" being a cop out excuse is, to me...irrelevent.

I go cos I want to, I enjoy the day with family and friends, and to be honest when I want to stop going..I'll f.ooking stop going, no excuses, no vapid reasoning...I'll just stop.

There are numerous shades of Owls fans on here, but I consider them ALL Owls fans, but honestly a topic starter from someone who doesn't bloody go anyway?..nah mate...Fair enough I accept your opinion, but it simply doesn't resonate with me.

Pick a game to boycott?

Yep..I'll be there  "Well NOT there)_..But really, don't expect me to sign a petition to an anonymous group with me name and email address on it,,,I have no idea who the f.ook you are, but commend you on the efforts i've seen.

I'll be at Hillsborough next season, If you aren't, I'll simply welcome you back as a fellow Owl when  and if, you decide to return.

You can accuse me of helping kill the club, but this club won't die because fans like me tip up, this club will be renewed cos fans like me tip up, built from the ashes cos fans like me tip up..Its MY club, Chansisri can't change that, cos as long as I'm shoutin' Play up The Wednesday, and thousands more are chanting it, whatever the f.ook others want to call it...it will always be 

Sheffield Wednesday football club

You are correct in what you say very few in real terms have signed petition and suspect a high proportion of them do not go anyway. I like many detest DC as an owner but do not want Wednesday to wither away and most of plans put forward will hurt Wednesday more than DC.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

If I can afford it..I'll be renewing..Simply because I want to.

Now fair enough you can call me from pillar to f.ookin' post, but I don't give a flyer about that either.

No excuses...I simply love going to Hillsborough, despite the idiot in charge, because its MY football club.

Those whe espouse fans "Going in spite of Chansiri" being a cop out excuse is, to me...irrelevent.

I go cos I want to, I enjoy the day with family and friends, and to be honest when I want to stop going..I'll f.ooking stop going, no excuses, no vapid reasoning...I'll just stop.

There are numerous shades of Owls fans on here, but I consider them ALL Owls fans, but honestly a topic starter from someone who doesn't bloody go anyway?..nah mate...Fair enough I accept your opinion, but it simply doesn't resonate with me.

Pick a game to boycott?

Yep..I'll be there  "Well NOT there)_..But really, don't expect me to sign a petition to an anonymous group with me name and email address on it,,,I have no idea who the f.ook you are, but commend you on the efforts i've seen.

I'll be at Hillsborough next season, If you aren't, I'll simply welcome you back as a fellow Owl when  and if, you decide to return.

You can accuse me of helping kill the club, but this club won't die because fans like me tip up, this club will be renewed cos fans like me tip up, built from the ashes cos fans like me tip up..Its MY club, Chansisri can't change that, cos as long as I'm shoutin' Play up The Wednesday, and thousands more are chanting it, whatever the f.ook others want to call it...it will always be 

Sheffield Wednesday football club

Although I disagree with many aspects of your post - it is as usual a very well written and passionate piece.

The bit about the petition is a bit baffling though - it is only Change.Org who will have access to your details - they can't share them with anybody and you can remove your details from them at any given time.

Much of what you are saying I totally understand and appreciate. I never missed a game for just over 40 years, renewed every season, missed out on job opportunities, had failed relationships - even insisted on getting married at Hillsborough - but now I won't set foot in the ground - well certainly not as a paying customer.

What did it for me was the Covid-19 refund debacle - can't remember the exact amount of time it took to receive the refund - but for me to work through the pandemic, earning nothing or losing money for many months (I ran a Newsagents at the time - footfall was down 50% - 80%) I looked after my customers, despite living hand to mouth for ages - yet a Multi-Millionaire taking over a year to refund the wife and I's money really stuck in my craw. 

I moaned and whinged about it until people got sick of hearing it - I was often told "if it bothers you that much - don't go back" - and that is exactly what I did - I went from never missing a game, to staying away overnight - it hurt a lot at first - and it still does, but I feel to be true to myself, out of principle and with huge sprinkling of stubbornness I will stay away and not spend a single penny on the club until DC has gone.

I'm not telling you what to do - your old enough and certainly wise enough to make your own decisions - I can't see any change to the status quo until DC goes, there is a still something there - but to me it is a shell where a club used to be, it is a joyless place run as a plaything for an egotistical dictator - well he is welcome to it - he can continue to haemorrhage his money - but I won't give him any of mine.

Anyway - you do what you feel is right for you - it doesn't matter what other people think.

UTO.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Although I disagree with many aspects of your post - it is as usual a very well written and passionate piece.

The bit about the petition is a bit baffling though - it is only Change.Org who will have access to your details - they can't share them with anybody and you can remove your details from them at any given time.

Much of what you are saying I totally understand and appreciate. I never missed a game for just over 40 years, renewed every season, missed out on job opportunities, had failed relationships - even insisted on getting married at Hillsborough - but now I won't set foot in the ground - well certainly not as a paying customer.

What did it for me was the Covid-19 refund debacle - can't remember the exact amount of time it took to receive the refund - but for me to work through the pandemic, earning nothing or losing money for many months (I ran a Newsagents at the time - footfall was down 50% - 80%) I looked after my customers, despite living hand to mouth for ages - yet a Multi-Millionaire taking over a year to refund the wife and I's money really stuck in my craw. 

I moaned and whinged about it until people got sick of hearing it - I was often told "if it bothers you that much - don't go back" - and that is exactly what I did - I went from never missing a game, to staying away overnight - it hurt a lot at first - and it still does, but I feel to be true to myself, out of principle and with huge sprinkling of stubbornness I will stay away and not spend a single penny on the club until DC has gone.

I'm not telling you what to do - your old enough and certainly wise enough to make your own decisions - I can't see any change to the status quo until DC goes, there is a still something there - but to me it is a shell where a club used to be, it is a joyless place run as a plaything for an egotistical dictator - well he is welcome to it - he can continue to haemorrhage his money - but I won't give him any of mine.

Anyway - you do what you feel is right for you - it doesn't matter what other people think.

UTO.

Great post..

• Like 2

22 hours ago, parajack said:

Ime not on a vendetta mate,lol ime happy to stop cos theres no debate,but the poster requested me to screenshot his OWN comments,which for some reason he is not prepared to stand by...

There are bigger fish to fry without constantly having to deal with thread 'trolls'

18 hours ago, Ian said:

You really have lost the plot haven't you

Just to help you along a little bit, my first comment (p3) was a reply to steelman (who said the "disgusting" comment) and for some reason you then replied to my comment (on P5) asking if that isnt how football forum's work to which I replied on P6 (to you, hence "parajack said") saying that no, telling someone that their comment is disgusting if you dont agree with it isnt how they work in my life

You then completely lose the plot on page 8 going on about home work and that "parajack said" isnt auto generated and I'm typing it myself etc

You've been digging deeper ever since and no amount of name calling, caps locks and bold type will change that

Go and have a lie down, folk are worried about you

If you two can agree what the bone of contention is then I will go back through the thread and work out which one is correct lol 

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you two can agree what the bone of contention is then I will go back through the thread and work out which one is correct lol 

Thank you…..I don’t really have a bone of contention with parajack. My initial issue was with steel Jack saying that it was disgusting that people were thinking of renewing. I replied to them saying I thought the same about people judging others that they didn’t know or know their circumstances. Not really sure how or why para got involved and why he thinks I’ve aimed anything at him or why he thinks “parajack said” isn’t auto generated by the site 

• Like 1

Just now, Ian said:

Thank you…..I don’t really have a bone of contention with parajack. My initial issue was with steel Jack saying that it was disgusting that people were thinking of renewing. I replied to them saying I thought the same about people judging others that they didn’t know or know their circumstances. Not really sure how or why para got involved and why he thinks I’ve aimed anything at him or why he thinks “parajack said” isn’t auto generated by the site 

Over to you @parajack 

Is this how you see the issue?

On 15/11/2023 at 17:03, 0742 said:

Reading this makes you wonder what it would take for some fans to actually turn on the owner and put the club's long-term future over having a few pints with mates on a Saturday afternoon. 

Its not just “having a few pints tho?” Ive just started taking my young daughter to the games and she LOVES IT. She doesn’t have a clue about the politics side of football. She just loves going to watch the Wednesday and to enjoy the atmosphere going to a match on a Saturday is mine and her way of doing something together that we both enjoy. 

its the old saying… its more than just a game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Its not just “having a few pints tho?” Ive just started taking my young daughter to the games and she LOVES IT. She doesn’t have a clue about the politics side of football. She just loves going to watch the Wednesday and to enjoy the atmosphere going to a match on a Saturday is mine and her way of doing something together that we both enjoy. 

its the old saying… its more than just a game. 

Daddy daddy are we going to football?

No love

Why Daddy?

A man from Norwich says we shouldn't 

Daddy did he go when we used to be good?

We've never been good love

But did he go?

No love

Then why the chuff aren't we going Daddy?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/11/2023 at 12:19, Salli said:

Easy to say to be honest if you don't go anyway.

For many, going to a game transcends the football itself and is the focal point of their week. Family and friends. Long standing rituals. An escape.

And this is a large part of the problem within the club; for all Chansiri's mistakes, the majority of STHs who have complained and even protested will renew, under some romantic, blind faith and fear they're seen as 'part-timers'. 

Speak in a language Chansiri understands - money - and foot with your feet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 15/11/2023 at 17:03, 0742 said:

Reading this makes you wonder what it would take for some fans to actually turn on the owner and put the club's long-term future over having a few pints with mates on a Saturday afternoon. 

If it's only a few pints on a Saturday with mates to you then it's easier to walk away from. I'm happy for you. 

I properly can't understand why this is causing a split again, it's like some of you jizz off to a fan base divided. "We're all together on a subject, what do we do?" "Slag off the ones still going to get, that'll do it" 

Different people go for different reasons. I've wanted Chansiri gone for a long time, long before people started to wake up to it all. I'll still get a season ticket. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. 

I ******** love this club and love going to games, I'm fortunate that I'm able to. That's the whole point of supporting a club to me. Those 90 mins plus on a Saturday are a time when I'm not thinking about the incoming mortgage rise, the reports I've got due next week, whether or not it's going to ******** it down as soon as I put my washing out. It's 90 plus minutes of being surrounded by a community of people in a world where community is few and far between. It's 90 plus minutes of catching up with my brother and having a good time with the people that sit around me every game. Or, a collective misery, but a collective one. 90 plus minutes of familiarity, consistency and comfort in the knowledge that while Im getting older and the world's a poo storm I can still either be ******** buzzing or miserable with the same 20k people. 

If it's just a few beers with the lads for you, and you're not wrapped up in supporting a football club as deep as all that, fizz it off. But don't get on your high horse to the people that still want to go and see that big blue rust bucket of a home because for better or worse they love it. 

I'll happily protest, petition, sing chansiri out, do whatever I want otherwise but yeah, I'll get a season ticket and I'll moan about it all over again. Footballs complicated like that.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DNS said:

the majority of STHs who have complained and even protested will renew, under some romantic, blind faith and fear they're seen as 'part-timers'. 

Who are they "fearing" some fuckingnumpty on here 🤣 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Over to you @parajack 

Is this how you see the issue?

To be clear I have NEVER at ANY time said people renewing were “disgusting”EVER don’t think it,havnt said it PERIOD.

getting silly now isn’t it? The guy is simply either confused OR being mischievous .

I won’t be answering/replying to his posts AGAIN

WHY? because it’s gone on long enough,his post is there for all to see .

Make your minds up if you can be arsed.(I can’t anymore)

Today I have just returned from seeing my Son get his Law Degree from Baroness Helena Kennedy Couldn’t be prouder I won’t be giving this. guy any more of my time.

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

To be clear I have NEVER at ANY time said people renewing were “disgusting”EVER don’t think it,havnt said it PERIOD.

getting silly now isn’t it? The guy is simply either confused OR being mischievous .

I won’t be answering/replying to his posts AGAIN

WHY? because it’s gone on long enough,his post is there for all to see .

Make your minds up if you can be arsed.(I can’t anymore)

Today I have just returned from seeing my Son get his Law Degree from Baroness Helena Kennedy Couldn’t be prouder I won’t be giving this. guy any more of my time.

Ok you have both had your say, I'm gonna read through the thread later on and I will give the verdict 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Ok you have both had your say, I'm gonna read through the thread later on and I will give the verdict 

Sad really isnt it? a distraction from the thread topic discussion...?? A topic whatever your view that is deserving of hearing everyones views