Pressure from Chansiri’s Family

it seems to me that the people most likely to be able to convince Chansiri to cut his losses and sell are his family. His father and brother have made sure he’s not involved in TUF, I wonder why? it seems clear that they/TUF provided the initial cash which through a combination of lack of football knowledge, bizarre business decision-making and downright incompetence he has managed to squander. It is also clear there is no more.

I wonder if they would intervene and tell him to get rid if they thought his continuing ownership was in some way damaging the reputation of TUF?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Think this is probably the way it will happen. Other way is if losses start to escalate above a figure he is comfortable with from this year obvious trying to keep losses as low as possible. If we are relegated downturn in income will be significant and enthusiasm of fans will be low.

• Like 1

TUF operate worldwide, I believe especially in the States. I take the point about them getting him over here out of their way but if he started to damage them and their reputation from here they might just decide to find him something else to play with, where he could do less damage.
The right amount of negative high profile publicity about the catalogue of continuing problems at SWFC ( I know we are not currently high profile so that would be a challenge) and our prospective American investors might be able to help with this, linking him with the family,  however tenuously might do the trick. Also if the negative publicity were to appear in Thailand that could also strike home.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Macallister said:

TUF operate worldwide, I believe especially in the States. I take the point about them getting him over here out of their way but if he started to damage them and their reputation from here they might just decide to find him something else to play with, where he could do less damage.
The right amount of negative high profile publicity about the catalogue of continuing problems at SWFC ( I know we are not currently high profile so that would be a challenge) and our prospective American investors might be able to help with this, linking him with the family,  however tenuously might do the trick. Also if the negative publicity were to appear in Thailand that could also strike home.

It would be nice if this could happen but how many people nationwide or internationally actually associate the name Chansiri with TUF or John West etc. Can't see anyone apart from Wednesday knowing or caring about it.

That being said I'm all for it, if that could be stoked up as a tool against him. As I do agree his family are the only ones who could force him out. 

But I'm pretty sure they'll be more aware than us of what a complete liability / megalomaniac he is! 

• Like 2

I agree not many know the link, that is why it would need to be mentioned in the publicity.   The publicity would need to use every thing i( we don’ t have much these days) in our favour in terms of getting peoples attention e.g. one of the oldest professional football clubs, founder members of the Premier League, major trophy winners etc. I am not a journalist but we have friends locally who are and would be capable of penning a piece to make people take notice. The list of catastrophes is quite startling and should make good copy. The ( implied) link between breaking rules, incompetence and his link with the family could be very damaging.

1 hour ago, Macallister said:

it seems to me that the people most likely to be able to convince Chansiri to cut his losses and sell are his family. His father and brother have made sure he’s not involved in TUF, I wonder why? it seems clear that they/TUF provided the initial cash which through a combination of lack of football knowledge, bizarre business decision-making and downright incompetence he has managed to squander. It is also clear there is no more.

I wonder if they would intervene and tell him to get rid if they thought his continuing ownership was in some way damaging the reputation of TUF?

So who has provided the cash for the last few seasons if the family only put the initial stake in?

There are now plenty of football related outlets on social media who would jump at the chance at a bit of sh@t stirring. Give them the list of disasters and they would be likely to run with it. 

A high profile show of fan unrest, a la Man U say on Tuesday evening might help to get widespread recognition. 

In May 2022

Thai Union Group has appointed president and CEO Thiraphong Chansiri to the additional role of chairman.

The move is part of a number of appointments made in the wake of allegations of insider trading.

Last month, the Thailand-based seafood giant announced its founder and chairman Kraisorn Chansiri and another senior executive had stepped down after being fined for insider trading by the country’s financial regulator.

Thiraphong Chansiri, Kraisorn’s son, has been Thai Union’s president and CEO since 1990.

• Thanks 1

I suspect recent cash, which is relatively small in comparison with the initial investment, has been provided out of his own pocket, but he does not now have enough. 

When the takeover was first announced TUF were all over the backdrop, this was an indication of where the money came from. This soon disappeared and TUF. made an announcement that the investment was personal not corporate. This shows how sensitive they are to not damaging the Company’s reputation.

2 hours ago, Macallister said:

He's showing why, he has the business sense of a gnat, and we're the ones suffering for it. 

2 hours ago, Owlsman82 said:

He's the family idiot who they happily sent over here to keep busy and stop him ruining their own business. 

They're probably fully aware of the chaos he'd cause for them if he stopped being involved in SWFC, so unfortunately can't see them helping us out in any way. 

ChansBoy.jpg.fa03e3509c24cce8bfb32bed3b24510a.jpg

Realistically our best chance of getting rid of him (given he is so stubborn) is the possibility that like many Thai's before him (the Sinawatras being a prime example) there is a falling out with the Thai authorities that leads to him being imprisoned (or exiled) and forced to sell.

Hopefully the insider trading stuff for his father is just the start of something much bigger and somehow he is tied into it.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SheffWed said:

In May 2022

Thai Union Group has appointed president and CEO Thiraphong Chansiri to the additional role of chairman.

The move is part of a number of appointments made in the wake of allegations of insider trading.

Last month, the Thailand-based seafood giant announced its founder and chairman Kraisorn Chansiri and another senior executive had stepped down after being fined for insider trading by the country’s financial regulator.

Thiraphong Chansiri, Kraisorn’s son, has been Thai Union’s president and CEO since 1990.

And that’s exactly why they keep DC out of the business. Give him the info and the muppet would probably take the wrong side of the trade :duntmatter:

• Haha 1