As an away fan yesterday

7 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

It was a strange game. I never felt we'd score at one point in the first half, but it eventually happened.

Someone on here said to me a few weeks ago "You know that team who played you last season, well they're gone" and, familiar though you (largely) were, I got that. Darren Moore wasn't universally adored on here but he knew how to get the best out of what he had. You should have done us at Portman Road last season. Hillsborough should be a cauldron, a place where away teams fear to tread. And, fans excepted, it wasn't. 

I could watch that game again and still not know what half your team had been asked to do. What was Lee Gregory's role? Last time I saw him, he was buzzing with menace in the number 10 position, ready to fire in loose clearances or well-aimed passes. Here he resembled a crap winger, charged with creating something and cutting in a la Waddle but, no doubt due to his 35 years, actually waddling after it. 

No Bannan, which was a source of relief for those of us used to him pulling the strings in midfield. I bet Massimo and Morsy enjoyed their afternoon more as well. George Byers as a defensive midfielder? Is/was he injured again? Or did you fear another spell on the sidelines, so were protecting him? Hendrick playing as the playmaker, when everyone knows his legs are like twiglets and his movement as limited as someone running through nearly set concrete. 

More than individuals though, you just don't resemble a team. Paterson at right back let so much go beyond him that he may as well have joined the ball boys. Your defence were so square at times that playing through, round or over them was getting joy. I didn't get it. But I'll certainly take it. 

You reminded me of us under Hurst and Lambert and Marcus Evans. Everything in the ground looks as tired as the team. No menus on the wall for the catering. No expectation that things can and will change, just frustration and blithe acceptance. Somebody's really taking the proverbial somewhere and it's sad to see a proud, big club reduced to this. 

Best of luck for the next few. It all needs ripping up and starting again with someone who cares. 

This needs printing out, scaling up and painting on the Kop!

Chancer should be sent a copy of this and forced to read it.

Needs to be in The Star, @YesWeCrann

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

If you did not think you would not score how do you think we felt?

I was getting frustrated. I could see us creating loads but your keeper saving everything. He was brilliant by the way (but you know that). I also think that young Buckley you bought on late, the one from Blackburn, should've started for Hendrick. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

I was getting frustrated. I could see us creating loads but your keeper saving everything. He was brilliant by the way (but you know that). I also think that young Buckley you bought on late, the one from Blackburn, should've started for Hendrick. 

I would agree with both points. Your summary was very good and accurate. I am certain with a better coach we could have made it a much better game and more thrilling.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

I would agree with both points. Your summary was very good and accurate. I am certain with a better coach we could have made it a much better game and more thrilling.

I'm certain that with NO coach it would have been a better game!

A couple of the senior players sorting it out would do a better job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

LI can see a similar situation developing as it did at Hull City under David Lloyd, getting to the point where the toxicity between the fans, players and ownership spills over into Chansiri locking us out of the training ground and Hillsborough. There’s no way his reign will end well for anyone. 

2 minutes ago, pussface said:

LI can see a similar situation developing as it did at Hull City under David Lloyd, getting to the point where the toxicity between the fans, players and ownership spills over into Chansiri locking us out of the training ground and Hillsborough. There’s no way his reign will end well for anyone. 

Yep. 

I don't think he would go quietly. 

More like kicking and screaming. 

• Like 2