12 shots on target in 6 matches

Considering Xisco sold us on his view of playing attacking football,  it’s appalling.  

We can’t keep the ball and we can’t create chances and we don’t have shots on goal.  

Today we weren’t even solid defensively as Ipswich should have scored 4 goals. 

I really don’t understand what Xisco is trying to do and it seems neither do the players 

• Like 8

Our attacking players just aren’t good enough for this level of football. They’re all so easy to play against. 

Look at Ipswich’s attacking threats. We don’t have anyone with the combination of speed, aggression and technical ability that Ladapo, Hirst, Burns, Chaplin have. Windass is the only one who comes close. 

It was the same last year but was somewhat hidden due to us having good players for the level. How often did we rely on the likes of Bannan and Johnson to produce a bit of magic when the performance was slow and uninspiring?

Lineups, tactics, formations are all important of course. But they’re secondary to “quality” in my opinion. It hasn’t been addressed in the summer and that’s down to the chairman.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Considering Xisco sold us on his view of playing attacking football,  it’s appalling.  

We can’t keep the ball and we can’t create chances and we don’t have shots on goal.  

Today we weren’t even solid defensively as Ipswich should have scored 4 goals. 

I really don’t understand what Xisco is trying to do and it seems neither does Xisco 

Fixed it for you

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Our attacking players just aren’t good enough for this level of football. They’re all so easy to play against. 

Look at Ipswich’s attacking threats. We don’t have anyone with the combination of speed, aggression and technical ability that Ladapo, Hirst, Burns, Chaplin have. Windass is the only one who comes close. 

It was the same last year but was somewhat hidden due to us having good players for the level. How often did we rely on the likes of Bannan and Johnson to produce a bit of magic when the performance was slow and uninspiring?

Lineups, tactics, formations are all important of course. But they’re secondary to “quality” in my opinion. It hasn’t been addressed in the summer and that’s down to the chairman.

A good manager would get a tune out of these players. Windass, Smith, Byers, Gregory, Bannan can all be a threat in front of goal at this level, but we have to set up and play in a way that suits their strengths. Which will never happen under Xisco.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

A good manager would get a tune out of these players. Windass, Smith, Byers, Gregory, Bannan can all be a threat in front of goal at this level, but we have to set up and play in a way that suits their strengths. Which will never happen under Xisco.

Gregory’s done mate. Offers nothing. Should be a squad player we can bring on every now and then when we’re desperate.

Smith looks MILES off championship standard. You can’t blame his lack of control, pace, athleticism, technical ability, heading and movement on the manager. 

Every one of Ipswich, Leeds, Cardiff, Preston, Hull’s attacking players would walk into our best 11. Even if we played with Moore’s setup.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Best post I've read on Owlstalk all week.

The players simply are NOT good enough.