Tactics, team selection, and formation?

Just now, alanharper said:

Luckily we had a good 2 weeks on the training pitch, otherwise it might've been a shambles... 

Don't worry, we'll win the next one, Muñoz says so. Even without any Championship quality strikers.

Xisco has never managed a football club for a full season. You saw that on his cv you would not touch him with a barge pole.

our chairman with all the knowledge he has amassed over the last 9 years. ignored that and look whats happened a clueless chairman, now has an equally clueless manager running the team. With players clueless what the tactics are, to try and do anything in games other than defend and wait to concede the goals.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WimJunk said:

I don't know why he's gone back to picking Moore's league one players.

At least have faith in your own players. Does he need us to show him a recording of Burton and Forest Green away? 

He's probably done that because we haven't signed anything better! I mean in the last 3 full seasons Michael Smith has scored more than double the number of goals in the Championship than Ashley Fletcher has - and he's only played 1 season in it.  Our 2 new exciting pacey wingers entire number of league goals combined is only just higher than that number. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

He's probably done that because we haven't signed anything better! I mean in the last 3 full seasons Michael Smith has scored more than double the number of goals in the Championship than Ashley Fletcher has - and he's only played 1 season in it.  Our 2 new exciting pacey wingers entire number of league goals combined is only just higher than that number. 

Smith is almost 32 and Gregory 35. I have nothing against either, but I can't think of another Championship side who would start with 3 older players up front.

1 hour ago, WimJunk said:

Smith is almost 32 and Gregory 35. I have nothing against either, but I can't think of another Championship side who would start with 3 older players up front.

I agree. We should have brought in better replacements. The only striker we've signed is Fletcher who has scored 4 goals in 3 years, I think. Most fans would have said at the end of last season we need at least 2 proven strikers who are likely to get us double figures. 

• Like 1