What are people so afraid of?

Don’t think anyone can say either way really until there is a whiff of a new owner and who they might be. It’s not impossible to get a good one with money and good ideas but we have also seen the number of those decrease with the spending ability taken out the picture, resulting in more questionable  owners or at least ones with more limited finances coming in at other places. 

Our current owner is somewhere inbetween the two extremes so it could get better or it could get worse 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WalworthOwl said:

I'm afraid we'd get an owner with less money who was in it for more selfish reasons.  I think the world has changed and it's harder for clubs like Wednesday without hospitality and big sponsors, and Chansiri gets unfairly blamed for that as well as fairly blamed for some other stuff.

The way I see it, roll two dice to gamble

Chansiri is a 3, so odds are that we will more than likely roll higher than a 3. So for that reason I'm in and chansiri out 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Not afraid, though I am tired of being asked faintly insulting rhetorical questions implying I’m a placid bootlicking moron over and over. It’s becoming very hard work to enjoy being on here at of late.

I don’t like the status quo, no, but I’m saying right here and now, colours to the mast: as things stand, under the current circumstances in Sept 2023, I will not be going out of my way to boo and hiss and make big signs in felt tip and wave my pants on a stick on 27mins or whatever the latest ‘plan’ is. I have neither the time nor the cause, in my view, to get that het up about anything at this juncture.

No problem with anyone who wants to do any of that, by all means crack on. But pleeeeease stop telling me I’m a thicko and an apologist and a scaredy cat etc if I don’t ‘join in’ with something that has never actually happened in any significant way. Lead by example and maybe you’ll convert me - you never will like this.

Again, not a DC fan by any means, just not sufficiently triggered yet to stage a dirty protest on my own doorstep. Those that are, fine, you do you, and whatever comes of it I’ll accept I was a passenger and didn’t earn a say in - if it’s good, great; if it’s worse than now, it’s on you but I agreed you should be allowed to try. Deal?

Great, now go start a single thread for actually planning and organising it, and stop dropping all these new ones every day claiming that everyone else is somehow the problem. If you’re right, fab, you’ll have no issue getting the numbers you need then and you can presumably stop slagging off those of us not yet fully on the panic bus.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion on whatever subject, not a problem but can I give you an analogy.

How about we’re in a boat that’s holed in the bottom and is steadily sinking, would you help bale the water for the good of the boat and all or watch us slowly sink. 

This is how a lot on here feel about the situation as it is and is why it can get a little fraught.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WalworthOwl said:

I'm afraid we'd get an owner with less money who was in it for more selfish reasons.  I think the world has changed and it's harder for clubs like Wednesday without hospitality and big sponsors, and Chansiri gets unfairly blamed for that as well as fairly blamed for some other stuff.

Morning Dej :Chansiri:

• Haha 5

I firmly believe it's time for Chansiri to go, however I do have concerns about how he goes. 

As per the opening post, yes there will always be a Wednesday in one form or the other, but I care about the club we have now. I don't want to see us as a phoenix club in the 9th tier, after falling apart as Bury did. 

I feel as though we have gone past the tipping point with regards to Chansiri. It's a shame, because I do think that deep down he does care about the club (in his own way) 

But I think a lot of the problems that we are seeing are cultural.  Business in Thailand is a lot different to how it is here.  For example, these outbursts about Moore and Carlton Palmer.  We look at that and think what a muppet, however in Thai and eastern culture, there is a lot about "face" and what Chansiri is doing in the statements about Moore and Palmer is that, keeping face. I will post a screenshot from a business paper about that.  Very interesting stuff and could explain why it looks as though he won't let it go. 

Likewise I firmly believe that if Chansiri had communicated with fans about price increases prior to them happening, it could have negated some of the issues.  Prices are high, the highest in the entire Championship and we have no idea why. If we are flying close to P&S, tell us.  We still might not be happy, but at least we would know why. 

Screenshot_20230914_111952_Opera.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion on whatever subject, not a problem but can I give you an analogy.

How about we’re in a boat that’s holed in the bottom and is steadily sinking, would you help bale the water for the good of the boat and all or watch us slowly sink. 

This is how a lot on here feel about the situation as it is and is why it can get a little fraught.

fair play, I get that - but I think a big part of the issue is that a lot of people are claiming to be shipbuilding/buoyancy experts, some are yelling falsely that there’s a shark circling the boat, others are insisting there isn’t even a hole, and the quieter ones (a majority I’d guess, on balance?) are saying we’re only a few yards offshore anyway, so they’re not particularly worried either way. Between us all it feels like we’re about to capsize because we’re more bothered about who’s right than steadying the ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Not afraid, though I am tired of being asked faintly insulting rhetorical questions implying I’m a placid bootlicking moron over and over. It’s becoming very hard work to enjoy being on here at of late.

I don’t like the status quo, no, but I’m saying right here and now, colours to the mast: as things stand, under the current circumstances in Sept 2023, I will not be going out of my way to boo and hiss and make big signs in felt tip and wave my pants on a stick on 27mins or whatever the latest ‘plan’ is. I have neither the time nor the cause, in my view, to get that het up about anything at this juncture.

No problem with anyone who wants to do any of that, by all means crack on. But pleeeeease stop telling me I’m a thicko and an apologist and a scaredy cat etc if I don’t ‘join in’ with something that has never actually happened in any significant way. Lead by example and maybe you’ll convert me - you never will like this.

Again, not a DC fan by any means, just not sufficiently triggered yet to stage a dirty protest on my own doorstep. Those that are, fine, you do you, and whatever comes of it I’ll accept I was a passenger and didn’t earn a say in - if it’s good, great; if it’s worse than now, it’s on you but I agreed you should be allowed to try. Deal?

Great, now go start a single thread for actually planning and organising it, and stop dropping all these new ones every day claiming that everyone else is somehow the problem. If you’re right, fab, you’ll have no issue getting the numbers you need then and you can presumably stop slagging off those of us not yet fully on the panic bus.

Totally entitled to that viewpoint. Very fair to suggest also the meny have gone past that point.

Personally I'm more than happy to debate your viewpoint without insulting you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WalworthOwl said:

WOW 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

I think the analogy is more that the boat is stuck/tangled and needs something to propel it forward correctly. However the means of doing that could blow a hole in the boat if not quite right or could be the jackpot and really get it going. So some people will take a leap of faith and others will want to see more about what the options are. It’s very similar to Brexit voting which has also been very divisive (nor particularly successful so far). 

Edited by Bluesteel.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Seriously pal

What would it take for you to see what he is doing to us.

Take ticket prices out of it for this

Look at the long list of f'ups he has had on his watch.

The quality of the players we have signed (though I think some will come good) they aren't like Ipswich or Plymouth who were our rivals last season.

His immature rants on club statements, his immature rant about Leyton

His bull at fans forums, the way he moves the goalposts when the heat is on.

Never mind relegation cos of the points deduction he caused and not paying players.

The longer he is at the helm the more he will destroy the club, and we may never recover in my lifetime with how he's gone about it on the last 8 years.

I really dislike all of that, you’re not wrong and I’ve never claimed otherwise.

Doesn’t make me some sort of scab if I’m not yet driven to having a tantrum over it, and I’m tired of posts implying otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think the analogy is more that the boat is stuck/tangled and needs something to propel it forward correctly. However the means of doing that could blow a hole in the boat if not quite right or could be the jackpot and really get it going. So some people will take a leap of faith and others will want to see more about what the options are. It’s very similar to Brexit voting which has also been very divisive (or particularly successful). 

People wanting to know the outcome are being naive. Life isn’t like that, we don’t get to look into a crystal ball. And Chansiri will sell the club to whoever, we won’t get a say.

Life is a risk sometimes, unless you want to quiver under a rock.