RIP Mark Pearson

I remember Pancho as a smallish inside forward with a tough tackle.

Signed by Vic Buckingham, I think, as part of his total football strategy 

Weren’t  Alan Browns side of wingless wonders a development of that style of playing ?

RIP Mark 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

I remember Pancho as a smallish inside forward with a tough tackle.

Signed by Vic Buckingham, I think, as part of his total football strategy 

Weren’t  Alan Browns side of wingless wonders a development of that style of playing ?

RIP Mark 

Buckingham must have rated him coz he signed him for fulham   .I recall him as a bit wishy washy but when you  look at his record for us it stands up  . RIP pancho

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Buckingham must have rated him coz he signed him for fulham   .I recall him as a bit wishy washy but when you  look at his record for us it stands up  . RIP pancho

My memory of him is about the same, He seemed to be only a bit part player in that side.and I was surprised to see he’d played so many games 

Also I’m ashamed to say I’d forgotten that he’d scored twice in the infamous post Munich match at Old Trafford 

• Like 1

RIP Mark -  my most abiding memory of him was away at Stoke 18 /11/63  result  4-4 draw.  I have looked it up in the record book to  find the date and have been proved wrong all this time . I always maintained we were 4-0 down at half time with Ritchie scoring a hattrick for them before half time . Records show we were 3-1 down at half time   Ended up with Pearson getting two and Broncho the other two. 

I too remember Pancho with  his bow legged gate waddling down to the Swan in Ridgeway after his playing days were over and he’d been visiting his parents who lived on ‘the middle road’ (Wellfield Close) . I think he played for Bacup in non league and maybe Halifax Town in the later stages of his career. He was in mothers infant / junior school class at Ridgeway school when she was an assistant teacher there in the early 1950’s. His brother Tom was a fearless Centre half for the village team for many years, and his cousin Terry (Todge) Pearson was a left footed inside forward at Ridgeway” wi’ a reyt shot on ‘im”.

RIP Pancho.