Mallik Wilks

It’s glaringly obvious after our opening games of the season that we are definitely not firing on all cylinders when it come to the attacking force of Smith, Gregory and Windass.

We know they were good in L1 but so far they have not shown the form to make.championship defences fearful of their striking capabilities which brings me to Mallik Wilks. 

I’m one of thousands of fans that thought we’d brought on board a recognized forward to boost our aging front line but was left disappointed with below standard performance when he was given his chanceAs Mallik has not featured so far this season I read with interest that  enquirers were made for Mallik Wilks in this latest transfer window but nothing materialized Mallik preferring to fight for a starting position. 
Now we all know that last season in L1 he was hardly a shining light and did suffer from injuries but when he was fit and was picked he really did very little to win over the supporters however maybe, just maybe  could Wilks be the final piece that makes our strike force one to be feared. Only time will tell but he has to show the type of performance that attracted our recruitment team to him in the first place. He has a lot to prove cos if he fails he’ll be just another has been destined for the scrap heap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He’s been injured a lot in recent years and looks like an injury waiting to happen when you look at him - he’s too muscle bound and tight having overdone it in the gym it seems. He looks too bulked up and inflexible for a modern day forward.

That said, if he can stay fit there is no reason he can’t be challenging for one of the two roles that Gregory and Windass played in, but he’s got a lot to do to even get in the match day squad, never mind the first 11.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

It’s glaringly obvious after our opening games of the season that we are definitely not firing on all cylinders when it come to the attacking force of Smith, Gregory and Windass.

We know they were good in L1 but so far they have not shown the form to make.championship defences fearful of their striking capabilities which brings me to Mallik Wilks. 

I’m one of thousands of fans that thought we’d brought on board a recognized forward to boost our aging front line but was left disappointed with below standard performance when he was given his chanceAs Mallik has not featured so far this season I read with interest that  enquirers were made for Mallik Wilks in this latest transfer window but nothing materialized Mallik preferring to fight for a starting position. 
Now we all know that last season in L1 he was hardly a shining light and did suffer from injuries but when he was fit and was picked he really did very little to win over the supporters however maybe, just maybe  could Wilks be the final piece that makes our strike force one to be feared. Only time will tell but he has to show the type of performance that attracted our recruitment team to him in the first place. He has a lot to prove cos if he fails he’ll be just another has been destined for the scrap heap.

Maybe the championship  will suit his game better. I think it’s apparent to most it’s different football to L1

52 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

He’s been injured a lot in recent years and looks like an injury waiting to happen when you look at him - he’s too muscle bound and tight having overdone it in the gym it seems. He looks too bulked up and inflexible for a modern day forward.

That said, if he can stay fit there is no reason he can’t be challenging for one of the two roles that Gregory and Windass played in, but he’s got a lot to do to even get in the match day squad, never mind the first 11.

You mention him being ‘bulked up’ etc and that reminds me of Antonio who had a relatively  normal physic when he played for us. His speed, tricky footwork and often great displays got him to be a favorite at S6 but look at him now, he’s a bulked up, strong and a ‘no messing’ centre forward for West Ham

Maybe Wilks if he committed himself could be something similar to Antonio.

I doubt it could ever happen but I’ve seen several players at Hillsborough who have been garbage one season and then the next they have really lifted their game to a new level. We can live in hope !! 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Howards back said:

I think Wilkes problems are more of a personal nature. We should have people looking in to what’s happening away from football not only on the pitch 

This too. 

I think there's a lot going on behind the scenes that a lot of people aren't aware of. Sounds like the lad has had a bit of a rough time of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolton9owl said:

We are shyte up front..and that's why we will go down..we can all see it..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

You mention him being ‘bulked up’ etc and that reminds me of Antonio who had a relatively  normal physic when he played for us. His speed, tricky footwork and often great displays got him to be a favorite at S6 but look at him now, he’s a bulked up, strong and a ‘no messing’ centre forward for West Ham

Maybe Wilks if he committed himself could be something similar to Antonio.

I doubt it could ever happen but I’ve seen several players at Hillsborough who have been garbage one season and then the next they have really lifted their game to a new level. We can live in hope !! 

Wilkes..has he played yet. Joke..

• Like 1

Out of all the forwards at the club Wilks has the attributes Munoz is looking for in his lone striker. If there’s any chance at all he can be the player we thought we were getting then our coaching staff should be putting a real effort into getting him fit and firing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

A very, very frustrating signing.

He honestly looks like he has a bit about him. Whenever he featured for us last season, he scored a couple of lovely goals. He's young, strong and has a bit of flair..I just wish he'd stay fit, because I do really think he could be an important player for us. 

Hopefully, for his sake and ours, he gets back on the grass and earns himself a place because I truly believe there's a player in there. 

He’s a busted flush. History tells us they can’t be fixed. Awful recruitment. Somethings missing technical, physical or mental. He won’t come good and we need to cut our losses and move on. 

• Like 2