Shopping at Wilkos?

Simple maths for me. Get in the pick and mix game, go out of business. Happened to Woolworths and now it's done them in. I've seen Tesco have been putting it on the end aisles in their stores. I'm no stock market expert but sell your Tesco shares now. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Widders said:

Simple maths for me. Get in the pick and mix game, go out of business. Happened to Woolworths and now it's done them in. I've seen Tesco have been putting it on the end aisles in their stores. I'm no stock market expert but sell your Tesco shares now. 

Jameson's Raspberry Ruffles were my favourite.

34 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Jameson's Raspberry Ruffles were my favourite.

Brasil nuts, cola cubes and those coconut mushrooms were high on my agenda. 

When it was a game of pay by weight you had to be careful with those choices. 

Tesco are doing a cup based charging methodology. Allowing you to fill up with heavy stuff, apply your smarties on top, refit lid and shake. This allows for maximum density as it fills the gaps.

Had  I been on the pick and mix committee at Tesco I'd have warned them of these rogue practice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

To be fair, they have / had the odd bargain every now and again.

Posted to ensure I'm shut up and derided later today with quality signings.

You’ll be spot on just like you were with the manager.

1 hour ago, striker said:

I don't mind being frugal as long as there is some honesty about expectations.

It should also be grounded in some  reality towards ticket prices. 

I'd also prefer a manager who can get the best out of the resources we have. 

What's this got to do with pick and mix or Wilko's. 

17 minutes ago, part timer owl said:

Got some Grey Large wilko flower pots 20% off the other day. Verdict is not very good an liable to break at the first sign of frost. Hope the new recruits today aren't made of the same stuff!

Get them returned before it's too late

3 hours ago, Widders said:

Near the beginning of Covid there was a bloke on here who said you'd be mad to invest in the stock market, and he claimed to work in the field, so spoke with some authority. What happened next is the stock market went mental and people made serious coin.

There was also a bloke on here who said you should lump on a specific manager getting the job.

I've learned not to take investment advice on Owlstalk, so I've just bet the house on Tesco.