Jump to content

Back to basics


Recommended Posts

We need to just go with the same 11 that won us promotion last season IMO

 

From the 3 or 4 matches i've seen so far Vasquez, Bambo Diaby, Delgado and Fletcher are no improvement on the players who were already here. That isn't to say they won't come good in the long term but right now they aren't good enough or at the level we need them to be

 

Last season's team at least showed some heart to get us over the line. Get Marvin Johnson back in FFS as it's not as if we've improved in his absence and he is one of a few that can actually create a goalscoring opportunity 

 

Also get Cadamarteri in the squad. What is the worst that could happen? He actually scores some goals and earns us some points. If he's good enough then he's old enough. The Stockport and Mansfield matches would have been the ideal opportunity to give him some game time yet we go with the useless Fletcher instead 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fear Johnson will be gone in the next few days. 
 

If I had to choose who should leave, one of our most effective players or Xisco, it’s not difficult.

 

But yes, last year’s Xl and formation is unarguably better than this. OK we are definitely taking small steps forward;  Cardiff was a 6 out of 10 performance but we lost, and will continue to do so with one up top, Gregory out of position, right-footed players all up our left.

 

The odd player (eg maybe Pol?) can wrestle a shirt away from last year’s players, but they need to earn it. But we need a firm, understood, comfortable strategy. The current chop, chop, butcher, rethink isn’t a process, it’s just flailing about wildly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

We need to just go with the same 11 that won us promotion last season IMO

 

From the 3 or 4 matches i've seen so far Vasquez, Bambo Diaby, Delgado and Fletcher are no improvement on the players who were already here. That isn't to say they won't come good in the long term but right now they aren't good enough or at the level we need them to be

 

Last season's team at least showed some heart to get us over the line. Get Marvin Johnson back in FFS as it's not as if we've improved in his absence and he is one of a few that can actually create a goalscoring opportunity 

 

Also get Cadamarteri in the squad. What is the worst that could happen? He actually scores some goals and earns us some points. If he's good enough then he's old enough. The Stockport and Mansfield matches would have been the ideal opportunity to give him some game time yet we go with the useless Fletcher instead 

You must have missed the fact that 10 of the 11 of last years team you want us to play ,were on the pitch last night when Mansfield  played keep ball for 20 or 30 passes and walked round us to score !

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Delgado is the best of the bunch at the moment but his best position is as a centre mid or right back, not charging down the wings or what not. Not seen enough of Musaba, Valentin or Gassama to comment. Never rated Fletcher, why on earth we brought him in I'll never know, stealing a living.

 

Honestly, the recruitment team need docking performance wages or taking to capability meeting because they've drummed up some right fluff. All this talk of "oh we've brought players from Monaco, PSG..." etc .. doesn't sit when those players are absolutely horrid

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

You must have missed the fact that 10 of the 11 of last years team you want us to play ,were on the pitch last night when Mansfield  played keep ball for 20 or 30 passes and walked round us to score !

 

That's true but it can't help matters chopping and changing each week. Players are in the starting line up one week and then nowhere to be seen the next. It's time for some stability and normality

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I think Delgado is the best of the bunch at the moment but his best position is as a centre mid or right back, not charging down the wings or what not. Not seen enough of Musaba, Valentin or Gassama to comment. Never rated Fletcher, why on earth we brought him in I'll never know, stealing a living.

 

Honestly, the recruitment team need docking performance wages or taking to capability meeting because they've drummed up some right fluff. All this talk of "oh we've brought players from Monaco, PSG..." etc .. doesn't sit when those players are absolutely horrid

 

 

 

I think the lads we've signed from Monaco and PSG will come good especially Musaba as he's shown glimpses but the rest from what i've seen are nowhere near League One level nevermind Championship

 

As for Delgado, the jury's still out but any impact has been minimal 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nethertonowl said:

You must have missed the fact that 10 of the 11 of last years team you want us to play ,were on the pitch last night when Mansfield  played keep ball for 20 or 30 passes and walked round us to score !

Maybe thats because they dont know whats expected of them from the Manager/Coach?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

The odd player (eg maybe Pol?) can wrestle a shirt away from last year’s players, but they need to earn it. But we need a firm, understood, comfortable strategy. The current chop, chop, butcher, rethink isn’t a process, it’s just flailing about wildly.

 

This is certainly how it looks, isn't it?

 

Last season, when Moore used something other than 352, it looked like it was in order to exploit a weakness he'd identified, and most importantly, it worked.

 

Of the 10 games that he lined us up in something other than a 352, we only lost one (away against Plymouth, and we really should have won that one!).

 

There appeared, at least to me, to be a plan in place.

 

So far this season, I'm really struggling to work out what we're doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...