Head of Emerging Talent wanted !

To operate a Cat 2 academy we must have a Head of Recruitment - which is basically what this role seems to be

It may be an additional role which will downgrade the academy head of recruitment somewhat

I like the idea tbh - i'd prefer we went for a B team model as i think the academy system offers clubs like us very little these days

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, scram said:

To operate a Cat 2 academy we must have a Head of Recruitment - which is basically what this role seems to be

It may be an additional role which will downgrade the academy head of recruitment somewhat

I like the idea tbh - i'd prefer we went for a B team model as i think the academy system offers clubs like us very little these days

Brentford did that

Just now, maidstoneowl said:

Brentford did that

Yeah i know

I worked (elsewhere) with the guy that set it up at Brentford

Still think there are quite a few issues with it - one being the games programme

But don't see the point os us running an academy when it is in danger of becoming an expensive (for us) soccer camp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think its interesting that a fair chunk of our recent recruitment seems data led and this appointment further confirms the approach.

It seems at odds with Chansiri's modus operandi - whatever he wakes up thinking that day is the 'strategy.

With all the requirements they want this employee to cover they had better be offering a big wage.

Looks to me like they will be expecting the type of guy Man City would employ but will probably only pay the wages Sharon on reception is getting.

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

To be fair @malek probably knows more about our academy players than the rest of us put together.

True, and impressive considering the great pains the club goes to to ensure that as little information about our younger players is released as possible!

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This sounds great!
Exactly what we need at the club

Hopefully it will be under a different chairman

Wish id done my FA level 4 Talent ID!!! Who knew this was even a thing?

Edited by briggowl