Moore one of the lowest paid managers - the facts

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Star was told that as per conversations with the League Managers Association, Moore was among the three lowest paid managers in the Championship when he arrived at Hillsborough from Doncaster Rovers and saw his salary cut further once relegation to League One was confirmed.

It’s claimed a salary of four times his previous contract was requested as a starting point of negotiations only – a figure again as per LMA indications that would still have had him somewhere in the region of the average second tier salary.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/exclusive-darren-moore-delivers-clarification-after-sky-interview-to-draw-line-under-sheffield-wednesday-exit-4266655

It was nothing to do with the salary. 

According to DM.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Animis said:

We used to be a real pull. I'm sure managers would sacrifice market rate salaries because of the club history and potential - DM probably got sucked into this, but realised the overall nonsense in the end. I wasn't a particular fan of DM - tactical, i thought he was indifferent, but the guy was a great ambassador for the club. 

DC is a complete loon - his latest recruitment will only end in failure, and DC will again blame the manager - round and around we go.

I remember when Ryan Lowe was linked and he gave an indirect fizz off by saying he picks owners not clubs. He soon moved from Plymouth to Preston thereafter so not sure it’s his only guiding principle but the implication was clear: no manager worth his salt would want to work for Chansiri. I agree entirely with you that that has got to hurt us because the same will go for technical directors and directors of football. The only people that can’t stand to be around him seem to be one or two agents he laughingly regards as ‘advisers’ - and they only stick around because they have the opportunity to offload their clients and fleece the club every window !!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BC1867 said:

I remember when Ryan Lowe was linked and he gave an indirect fizz off by saying he picks owners not clubs. He soon moved from Plymouth to Preston thereafter so not sure it’s his only guiding principle but the implication was clear: no manager worth his salt would want to work for Chansiri. I agree entirely with you that that has got to hurt us because the same will go for technical directors and directors of football. The only people that can’t stand to be around him seem to be one or two agents he laughingly regards as ‘advisers’ - and they only stick around because they have the opportunity to offload their clients and fleece the club every window !!!

Can 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

DM's greatest strength was offsetting DC's shitshow of a personality.

Yep. Such an underrated aspect of his time here. He made working for him look relatively easy. That must have taken such strength of character.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I’m not going to defend Chansiri, he’s a lunatic.

But he said Moore asked for a 4 x salary increase and it appears he did.  How was he lying?

It's a deliberate misrepresentation of events. A trait often found in manipulative people.  

• Like 6
  • Love 3

While SOME may have had doubts about Moore as a manager. How can anyone doubt his integrity?

Talking to the Star from a local point of view and clearing things up was a great thing to do

Personally I don’t think anyone is more gutted that he had to leave than DM himself.

I wish him nothing but the best as he deserves it. Also , and it pains me to say it, your better off getting as far away from this club as possible as things stand.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Sadly, because of FFP rules SWFC cannot afford multi year management team contracts at average Championship wages

Bizarre that a compromise could not be made - Personally, I think Moore should have tried to sort out the basics without an agent sniffing round

DM was worth sticking with for being as honest as the day is long and creating a great team spirit with great organisation which gets you a long way but he is hardly a coaching genius

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Anyone would want a fair bit under such ownership. And yes it's odd that a compromise figure couldn't be reached. I think anyone who felt supported would have compromised. The vision of things not matching will have been part of that non-support. But maybe he felt non-supported over time and in certain transfer windows. Especially the last January one. And he knew that Poundland signings could make for a very difficult start. The stick he took last season would have made the task of sticking around very challenging.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The Star was told that as per conversations with the League Managers Association, Moore was among the three lowest paid managers in the Championship when he arrived at Hillsborough from Doncaster Rovers and saw his salary cut further once relegation to League One was confirmed.

It’s claimed a salary of four times his previous contract was requested as a starting point of negotiations only – a figure again as per LMA indications that would still have had him somewhere in the region of the average second tier salary.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/exclusive-darren-moore-delivers-clarification-after-sky-interview-to-draw-line-under-sheffield-wednesday-exit-4266655

Move on, rightly or wrongly hes gone forget him hes the past.

• Like 1
  • Love 1