Jump to content

Xisco must change


Recommended Posts

He needs to adapt his style of play to suit the players we have it’s all very we’ll having ideas on how you want your team to play but if you play to the strengths of the players you have maybe we would have better results the ones we already have showed what we can do last season albblet. In a lower division but did well enough against Newcastle from the premier have we lost the ream spirit we had under DM.  I  HOPE m Xisco can do it but  bring his philosophy in gradually and let us get some points

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He just has changed.

 

People begging him to play 352. Plays 352.

 

Begging him to play Bannan deeper. Plays him deeper.

 

Play 2 strikers. Plays 3. 
 

We still lose. Eventually everyone will realise that 90% of this squad is not good enough for this level of football. Only 1 man to blame for that and it’s not the manager.
 

 


The things people want him to changed worked better

 

The random things he put in place were issues.

 

A crowd sourced starting line up would have been just as effective

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You are kidding yourself.

 

The margins between Wednesday, Preston and Cardiff were paper thin.

 

Any illusions that the Wednesday from last season would have brushed Preston and Cardiff aside - are just that.

Think yourself lucky, you've just had a sarcastic thanks from a Dejponzi sycophant.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It isn't working. It was better today, but that's a low bar and I'm not liking what I'm seeing. 

 

The most concerning aspect is the body language of players, the team spirit from last year seems to have been diminished.

 

I think we are seeing why Munoz' average tenure is 6 months at clubs. He's an inexperienced manager, despite his achievements and he's making it a whole lot harder for himself with his team selections and  tactical approach. 

 

The experiments need to stop and sooner rather than later Chansiri will need to step up and put someone competent in post to ensure we stay up this season.

 

Some will call for patience, and I completely understand that, but I've seen all this before and see the direction of travel.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:


The things people want him to changed worked better

 

The random things he put in place were issues.

 

A crowd sourced starting line up would have been just as effective


And yet we still make silly mistakes and struggle to create much.

 

We have very few players with the speed, intensity and technical ability to play well at this level. That will remain, however we set up. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m starting to become convinced Xisco doesn’t know what he’s doing 

 

He’s abandons his plans from one game to the next, makes the most baffling selection decisions and the football is woeful

 

Fitness levels also look questionable to me too

 

That's it for me. I just don't get any sense of a plan. We were 50% better today but was that because they 50% went back to what was happening last season?

 

The three things that really irked me today:

 

- We were so passive at the beginning of the second half

- Gregory's role - cutting in off the left wing?

- Taking Smith off when he had been at least helping us get up the pitch. Fletcher did nothing. Surely the change to make at that point was Musaba for Gregory?

 

To be fair, there were a few positives too:

 

- For the first time we responded to going behind and had a period of sustained pressure

- Windass was breaking forward and getting in to dangerous areas

- Less standing in a line at the back passing amongst ourselves

 

But overall, not sure he's building anything. Players seem confused more than anything.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, striker said:

It isn't working. It was better today, but that's a low bar and I'm not liking what I'm seeing. 

 

The most concerning aspect is the body language of players, the team spirit from last year seems to have been diminished.

 

I think we are seeing why Munoz' average tenure is 6 months at clubs. He's an inexperienced manager, despite his achievements and he's making it a whole lot harder for himself with his team selections and  tactical approach. 

 

The experiments need to stop and sooner rather than later Chansiri will need to step up and put someone competent in post to ensure we stay up this season.

 

Some will call for patience, and I completely understand that, but I've seen all this before and see the direction of travel.

This....Looks like Xisco goes one of 2 ways....starts well (Watford) and everything is ok, start badly ( everywhere else) and he lasts a few months because he can't turn it around 

 

Think DC needs to follow what he did with Pulis..... early bullet

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You are kidding yourself.

 

The margins between Wednesday, Preston and Cardiff were paper thin.

 

Any illusions that the Wednesday from last season would have brushed Preston and Cardiff aside - are just that.

Seriously??? The only thing that’s paper thin is your defence. We are doomed. At least we had momentum and with DM, the ability to attract a decent player on loan or in a contract.

please stop defending DC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:


And yet we still make silly mistakes and struggle to create much.

 

We have very few players with the speed, intensity and technical ability to play well at this level. That will remain, however we set up. 


We created much more with the changes we also told him to make 2 weeks ago.

 

Alternatively we can continue to play:

 

Delgado at LB-ish

 

Gregory at LW-ish

 

swap the CB pairing every week

 

throw players in ahead of Windass and then drop them from the squad a week later

 

make defensive changes to invite pressure when on the front foot 

 

omit a seasoned championship player (on a part of the pitch we have major issues) from the squad completely

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

 

That's it for me. I just don't get any sense of a plan. We were 50% better today but was that because they 50% went back to what was happening last season?

 

The three things that really irked me today:

 

- We were so passive at the beginning of the second half

- Gregory's role - cutting in off the left wing?

- Taking Smith off when he had been at least helping us get up the pitch. Fletcher did nothing. Surely the change to make at that point was Musaba for Gregory?

 

To be fair, there were a few positives too:

 

- For the first time we responded to going behind and had a period of sustained pressure

- Windass was breaking forward and getting in to dangerous areas

- Less standing in a line at the back passing amongst ourselves

 

But overall, not sure he's building anything. Players seem confused more than anything.


Agree

 

And this was Windass that he dropped last week and Smith he has barely involved 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m starting to become convinced Xisco doesn’t know what he’s doing 

 

He’s abandons his plans from one game to the next, makes the most baffling selection decisions and the football is woeful

 

Fitness levels also look questionable to me too

We were the fittest team. Our oldies from past seasons trying hard.

 

Stupid individual mistakes.. Smith gave it away for the first goal..Vaults was just stupid for the pen although he changed our game in the second.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...