Trust and Competency

What was the Royal Family statement ‘recollections may vary’?

There was no need for Chansiri to come out with his statements  if there was a grain of truth in it. Better to say nothing at all or tell the whole story rather than paint a distorted picture.  My view is he would be wise to say nothing at all as anything he does say is a car crash!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Morepork said:

When DC boldly stated that DM left over money, I think quite a few believed he wouldn’t be naive enough to publicly misrepresent that situation.

They haven't necessarily disagreed. And it's also reasonable to imagine each party has their own perspective on things. Ultimately surely it came down to the terms of the contract, if not the annual pay, then at least the length of it. 

Didn't Chansiri suggest the length of the contract Moore requested was a sticking point? 

Moore has understandably focused on the angle which paints him in the best light. 

I'm not sure why it's even a bad thing if it was about the money. I wouldn't be surprised if Xisco is the lowest paid manager in the Championship. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

You missed off the end of the story. Munoz sticks to his guns, everything clicks and with electrifying attacking zeal, we clinch an unlikely promotion. Big Chans the hero.

You're right, and also the bit where we sign The Seven Dwarves all for the same position and Cinderella bangs in the winner for us in the FA Cup Final. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, bobness said:

Didn't Chansiri suggest the length of the contract Moore requested was a sticking point? 

No he specifically said he was asking for 4 times more

Don't rewrite history to suit your argument

• Like 6

The big problem that happened is Chansiri doing the negotiations and discussions himself.

He isnt aware of how big an idiot he is so thinks he's the best man for the job.

He wouldn't meet Moores agent presumably thinking he himself could get Moore on the cheap again.

Instead he fked it up. And in doing so proved to Moore that he wouldn't get the necessary players in (as Plymouth and Ipswich have btw).

Losing Moore is 100pc a Chansiri fkup. 

Getting in a cheap manager with a totally different playing style and asking him to changevthe squad on the cheap is his next masterpiece of self delusion. Itll be Xisco's fault next.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That you said "trust" is interesting.. going back to the spat Chansiri had with Carlton Palmer. Palmer went on Jim White/Simon Jordan on talksport and said Club had reached out for him to have a meeting with Chansiri behind closed doors. Simon Jordan said the one thing football people do is talk and he had heard people speak about the way Chansiri conducts himself and business and advised Palmer not to meet without journalist being there as Chansiri could spin the meeting however he liked, Palmer said he would have the meeting however he would make sure other people were there. Don't think the meeting has happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OurDan said:

No he specifically said he was asking for 4 times more

Don't rewrite history to suit your argument

He said 4x salary and 3 year contract was the problem.  It looks to me like you’ve done exactly the same as you’re accusing other people of doing.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

He said 4x salary and 3 year contract was the problem.  It looks to me like you’ve done exactly the same as you’re accusing other people of doing.

No he didn't.

He said 4 x salary ON a 3 year contract was the problem.

That suggests it's the salary not the contract length that was the issue

Good assessment.

DC doesn’t read the room because he doesn’t have to . He’s totally autocratic, the opinion of others is irrelevant. Having said that even he will be aware that he is held in very low regard by the majority of the fan base and in a perverse way this will make him dig in even further.

• Like 1