First win

Any thoughts on when that might be?

First point even? 

Cardiff and Leeds away next. Then Ipswich and Middlesbrough at home. Gonna have to try and scrape some draws somewhere and lift our game significantly to get a win out of any of them.

Play Huddersfield and Rotherham at home (on paper a little easier) but not until October. 

We've endured slow starts before many times but to not even have a point is worrying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Anybody know what the record low points total is for the Championship?

Rotherham. 2016 - 2017 

23 points, won 5 games all season

Iv'e seen some of our fans laughing at them across the city ending Derby's long run of 13 points.

I wouldn't be laughing, with what's happening with us at the minute.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

If Xisco keeps making 4 or 5 changes every game who knows when it’ll come.

Only 4 players started today that started at home to Posh and at Wembley 

Preston > Posh/Barnsley

Start with our League One side and we not only lose, but also make no progress for future games. Hoping it would deliver a better result in this game is not only foolish (it wouldn't work), it is also short term thinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

Preston > Posh/Barnsley

Start with our League One side and we not only lose, but also make no progress for future games. Hoping it would deliver a better result in this game is not only foolish (it wouldn't work), it is also short term thinking.

The same nucleus of a team that beat Prem Team Newcastle at home and drew with Southampton away over 90 mins. I am not sure I agree with your theory. 

Not to suggest there wasn’t  need for improvement, but to totally write off last years team/squad (including management), is laughable. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 5

We were awful against Southampton, Stockport, Hull and Ryan Lowe described yesterday’s game as “comfortable” for them. It’s abysmal. I hope it changes but we clearly don’t have good enough or the right type of players to carry out Xisco’s style and I worry the style of play isn’t going to be successful even if we do get it to work. The big problem with DC is the more he looks a fool the more he digs his heels in. I think we’ll be a drift in the bottom 3 for most of the season.

• Like 3

Im not sure we win a game this season under Xisco. 

He gets sacked then we rely on Channers again to select another manager. 

Surely if Xisco goes so soon then Channers has to fall on his sword too maybe even the embarrassment of another fizz up could even finish him off. 

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

...to totally write off last years team/squad (including management), is laughable. 

It would have been, yes. Fortunately, that only exists as an issue in your head. The team/squad hasn't been written off. The players that left weren't the core/nucleus anyway. And the players being left out are the players that we needed upgrades for.

Sure, there'll be debates on players, as there always is in football (I rate Ihiekwe over Iorfa, for example). But most of the players have had some involvement. 

The only players that are currently not getting a look in at all are James (which I disagree with... I'd start him over Famewo at LB) and Johnson (which is fair enough for me... he's not good enough for the Championship).

And the manager wasn't written off either. He jumped ship because he wanted a fourfold pay rise after taking a Championship squad down, then failing to take it back up before weakening it, and scraping through the play offs against 10 men. Sorry to shatter any illusions after the magic of the end of last season, but that's the reality.

We needed a manager to come in knowing he wouldn't have early signings and a preseason, so was bound to get loads of stick from impatient fans, and Xisco was man enough to stick his hand up for it. I say fair play to him. It's worth giving him a couple of months to see what he's about because "totally writing him off [at this point would be] laughable".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

We were awful against Southampton, Stockport, Hull and Ryan Lowe described yesterday’s game as “comfortable” for them. It’s abysmal. I hope it changes but we clearly don’t have good enough or the right type of players to carry out Xisco’s style and I worry the style of play isn’t going to be successful even if we do get it to work. The big problem with DC is the more he looks a fool the more he digs his heels in. I think we’ll be a drift in the bottom 3 for most of the season.

We weren't awful against Southampton. We were beaten by a PL side in the 87th minute by the quality of a player that was subsequently sold for £30M, but would otherwise have scrapped a draw. 

Stockport was an opportunity to give a few new faces some game time, but was probably too early to throw them all in the mix together. We scraped through and hopefully that time on the pitch will turn out to be beneficial in the long run.

Against Hull we were OK first half and we're unfortunate lose the lead after concede a penalty. We were then a wonder goal and a silly mistake away from drawing the second half, but awful is probably a fair description for that.

Then against Preston, Lowe is talking out of his @rse. We limited them to one decent chance, which they obviously put away. We were the better side until Momo Diaby went off injured.

The fact that we've failed to register a victory doesn't mean we're nowhere near. We're starting to show some really positive signs against opposition that are massively better than what we're were facing last term.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4