Petition Needed

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We will achieve nothing with Chansiri as chairman.

We need a petition, to be delivered to the club, citing a vote of no confidence.

The national media need to be present, and hopefully the Thai media too.

Citing the departure of Moore as a principal grievance would guarantee national coverage.

This would ramp up the pressure on Chansiri, and let other potential buyers know that he's in trouble, weakening his position.

Doing nothing will lead to certain relegation, and even less chance of the club changing hands.

Until people stop giving him their money he's going no where.

Early Birds come out everyone rushes to give him there money for next season 6 or 7 months early. As long as this continues DC going nowhere.

He puts the shirts up 20% on last season the fans moan but they still buy them.

Until we cut his only source of income off, he's going no where 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

We will achieve nothing with Chansiri as chairman.

We need a petition, to be delivered to the club, citing a vote of no confidence.

The national media need to be present, and hopefully the Thai media too.

Citing the departure of Moore as a principal grievance would guarantee national coverage.

This would ramp up the pressure on Chansiri, and let other potential buyers know that he's in trouble, weakening his position.

Doing nothing will lead to certain relegation, and even less chance of the club changing hands.

It's a nice thought, but a petition would just be a nice neat list of people for Chansiri to track down on social media and start ranting about how many games they go to next time anyone in the press asks him a question.

The only language he might understand is getting cut off.  Stop giving him your money.

• Like 2

A petition would be as pointless as the team ATM.

Chansiri would probably happily sell the  club and get out if he could recover some of his losses so far.

Needs someone out there to make a realistic offer for a depreciating asset and see what way Chansiri decides.

20 minutes ago, FTBUTO1867 said:

Chansiri would probably happily sell the  club and get out if he could recover some of his losses so far.

Needs someone out there to make a realistic offer for a depreciating asset and see what way Chansiri decides.

The longer he leaves it the harder it gets...he just doesn't want to sell but instead continues to run the club second hand car sales man.

Being a colossal narcissist, what would really hit him where it hurts is an attack on his ego.  Perhaps we could try and get his name included in the next OED.

Chansiri (verb) perjorative:

To spend vast amounts of money making something much worse than it was when you first touched it.

"Have you seen what Elon Musk has done with Twitter now?  Yeah, he really Chansiri'd that up..."

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, FTBUTO1867 said:

The point of a petition is to apply pressure.

Chansiri hates negativity in the national media, as it get back to Thailand, although he doesn't care what the local media say.

A petition and negativity can't make him sell, but it does weaken his position.

It also alerts potential buyers to the fact that he's in trouble, which is in our interest.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Early Birds come out everyone rushes to give him there money for next season 6 or 7 months early. As long as this continues DC going nowhere.

It's easier said than done. I haven't got a ST and that's purely down to the inflated prices. I also said I wouldn't pay the stupid prices for potg. I found myself wanting a ticket today so I could go with my Son... I won't go to every game but where I can I will. That's the problem... for every one or two people that choose to not go there will always be another two to replace them.

Plus.. I want to support my team. 

DC however can just do one. 

2 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

It's easier said than done. I haven't got a ST and that's purely down to the inflated prices. I also said I wouldn't pay the stupid prices for potg. I found myself wanting a ticket today so I could go with my Son... I won't go to every game but where I can I will. That's the problem... for every one or two people that choose to not go there will always be another two to replace them.

Plus.. I want to support my team. 

DC however can just do one. 

I understand you love the club, but as long as DC can over charge and people turn up in the thousands hes going no where.

at least the next game will be Category G with us bottom of the league or whats the point of having a category G right?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I hear what you’re saying mate, but it’s an absolute non-starter.

People will moan that they are being over charged, but the fact is, for a lot of people this is their hobby. This is their escape from the real world, it’s what they go to work for. For some it’s a time when they meet their friends, or family.

it’s a family occasion. People want to go to the footy.

Yeah, some will be priced out, and I completely sympathise with them…. But the reality is, not enough people will boycott. 

Then you will create a divide, the ones behind the boycott and the ones that aren’t 

I understand the sentiment but it’s better to make your voices heard.