George Byers

Great to have him back, just hope we are not relying on him for the whole 44 game campaign, he averages 20 - 25 a season.

Hes a fantastic player when available and last season he made us tick.  One of the players who I think wouldnt have had trouble stepping in last seasons formation to this level. 

Hopefully he can adapt to Xiscos plan.  Hopefully he can do something he hasnt done in his career and manage more than 25 games in a season.

But if not, I hope his contribution is just as good in what ever games we get out of him this season. 

• Like 4

My favourite player for Wednesday.  He was brilliant last season for us and was a big loss when he got injured.  Had he not got injured we may have secured automatic promotion.

Good passer of the ball, always looks to play positive football on the front foot, can put a tackle in and score the odd goal.  We need to keep Byers fit.

Glad he is back.

• Like 3

Byers is probably the first name on the team sheet for Xisco too from the sounds of it. He didn't elaborate why exactly, but he said he was delighted with him in training - "If there's one player I'm happy with it's him" or along those lines.

Sounds like he's giving 100% and doing a great job picking up the new system. Really want to see a full 90 minutes from him.

• Like 3