Some facts, do we panic if this continues?

Exactly mate. It’s the Championship, it’s mental how quickly you can rise and fall in this division. 

Everyone is frustrated we have gone for revolution rather than evolution. What happened with Daz is a travesty, but it is behind us now. Our players both fitness wise and acclimatisation, will take time to get up to speed. How many Wednesday players have been booed and then turn out to be good players, when they get up to speed?

As difficult as it is, we have to give them patience and support. The fact Xisco is already talking about a back 5 is encouraging.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Last season, Coventry won 1 of their first 11 and were 3rd bottom at the end of October, eventually finishing 5th and losing the PO Final (without changing the Manager)

Conversely, the season before, Forest drew 1 and lost 6 of the first 7, sacked Hughton and finished 4th.

Coventry had continuity in the form of their manager and the backroom team, they were building and I'm sure all at the club knew it would come good and click

Forest had a lot of money to throw at the problem. Both very different situations to the one we're in.

I said whilst Moore was in charge that we were becoming a really unattractive club to manage and that if Moore left, we'd be looking in the bargain bin for a new manager to come and work under this regime, if we get rid of Xisco after 7 games what kind of manager would we really attract? It won't be someone on an upward trajectory and it nobody who wants a pay day will come as chansiri wouldn't even pay Moore a decent whack

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Two games in is not the time to judge 

The only thing that matters tbis season is where we finish it 

And if we avoid relegation that’s job done 

Indeed, and XM is happy with the progress of the team;

“I’m very happy with the team,” he told The Star. “Because always they give 100% in the situations, but am I disappointed about the result? Of course. Are we disappointed about the second half? Of course. This is not our team, this is not what I want. But we’re in this moment - we had it for 45 minutes. If I go back two weeks we wouldn’t have had it for five minutes in the intensity and duels and these kinds of things.

“You can focus on one of two things - you can focus on what we need, or what we are improving. Everybody can decide which is better, and I choose to look at what we are improving and every day our team is getting better and better.”

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

It's not so much the results but the performances which concern me. 

I'm not basing that on 2 performances, but the 11 games since the start of pre season.

That concern doesn't lead to me seeking change yet, but there isn't much reason for optimism at the moment either. 

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Last season, Coventry won 1 of their first 11 and were 3rd bottom at the end of October, eventually finishing 5th and losing the PO Final (without changing the Manager)

Conversely, the season before, Forest drew 1 and lost 6 of the first 7, sacked Hughton and finished 4th.

I have been one o Cisco's greatest critics, but I will be the first to eat humble pie and put my hand up if he turns this farce around.

24 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Difference is both had better squads than us. 

This is sadly the point.  We are tipped by outsiders (and ourselves) to be in a relegation battle this season because our squad hasn't got much quality. 

What happens on the transfer front in the next 2.5 weeks will play a big part in what we achieve this season.   If no real quality comes in (most likely on loan from PL), then its relegation.   When you take Byers and Bannan out of our team,  we are extremely average.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

This is sadly the point.  We are tipped by outsiders (and ourselves) to be in a relegation battle this season because our squad hasn't got much quality. 

What happens on the transfer front in the next 2.5 weeks will play a big part in what we achieve this season.   If no real quality comes in (most likely on loan from PL), then its relegation.   When you take Byers and Bannan out of our team,  we are extremely average.  

Do you think well sign many more ?

We couldn’t have waited longer to get a manager in when we got XM. 

It sounds disrespectful to XM but I wonder if we got him in as we were desperate for time (or short on cash). 

I hope he gets the full season but I do wonder if we’ll be relying on a ‘new manager bounce’ 

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Do you think well sign many more ?

We have to hope.   But we hoped that in January and it didn't happen so you never know.

We are probably in the hat to sign some PL youngsters,  there's rumours we have registered interest with Man Utd and Man City for some of theirs. 

And Chansiri previously said we should be getting a loan player at the end of the window when that team's squad is finalised.  

• Like 1

We still have to wait and see, but the manner in which we are being dominated is alarming. The scoreline against both Southampton and Hull has flattered us, we were just fortunate to convert from our only attempts on-target.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We've only got two more loan slots remaining.

Both need to be major hits, in my opinion.