Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Hull City (A)

Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Hull City (A)  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match?

• Vasquez
    • Iorfa
    • Bambo
    • Ihiekwe
    • Famewo
    • Paterson
    • Bakinson
    • Bannan
    • Delgado
    • Windass
    • Gregory
    • Vaulks
    • Smith
    • Musaba
    • Byers
    • Fletcher

Struggling with MOM at moment,.

Thought Vasquez was great first half - more comfortable on the ball than most in team.

Need to watch goals closely again before making decision.

One thing our keeper does is go to byline towards 6yd box which he did again for their 4th  but unfortunate that Ihiekwe passed it towards the centre of goal without looking up. 

• Like 1

My ratings:

Vasquez: 6 - For a four-goal drubbing I was reasonably impressed. Very comfortable on the ball and the first 3 goals were unsaveable.

Iorfa: 7 - Got forward well for the first and got stuck in. Gamely tried to make the right-back role work.

Bambo: 5 - A couple of near-calamity moments, own goal effort rebounded back off the post.

Ihiekwe: 5 - One of our more solid players until the brain fārt near the end.

Famewo: 5.5 - Didn't do much wrong but looks like a square peg out on the left wing.

Paterson: 4 - Attempted 12 passes, completed 3. Put his only attempted cross into orbit.

Bakinson: 5 - Frustratingly he's 80% of the way there to being a decent player, but neshed a couple of tackles and didn't have much impact.

Bannan: 5 - New tactic seemed to be to have Bannan playing left back from goal kicks. Shouldn't have been risked if he's got a bad ankle (seems like an unnecessary risk to have played him against Stockport in the first place tbh).

Delgado: 5.5 - Nice to get his first goal, and a promising break early but a bit of a spectator in the second half. Sold himself far too easily for the cross for the equaliser.

Windass: 5.5 - Put a couple of lovely balls in, although not as involved as we would have liked.

Gregory: 4.5 - Silly foul to concede the penalty (he got caught under the ball). Didn't offer much today I'm afraid. Although we play so deep it is hard for him.

Vaulks: 4.5 - Part of an inept second half performance.

Byers: 6 - Tried to lift us and nice assist for consolation.

Smith: 6.5 - Well taken goal at the death.

Musaba: 3 - More or less invisible. 0 completed passes (1 attempted) in 35 minutes, 2 unsuccessful touches, 2 fouls.

Fletcher: 4 - One accurate cross makes him slightly less invisible than Musaba (another of the 0 passes completed club otherwise).

I've said enough about the performance on other threads, so won't repeat myself here.

We need to see a strong response against Preston!

• Like 6

Too many players giving the ball away too often. Worrying that our keeper is the only player who looks comfortable on the ball and able to find a team mate ten yards away.

I get that people like Paterson because he looks good when we are out of possession - runs his nads off and wins his duels - but he is one of the main reasons we spend 3/4s of the game without the ball. He gave it away 14 times today! Only 3 passes out of 12 were successful! 

Byers MOM for me today from very slim pickings. His pass to Smith for the goal was maybe the only time all game where a Wednesday player actually looked to pass forward and break the lines. Exactly what we need more of in this supposed 'Xisco Ball'.

The other positive was that Iorfa looked promising when he is being positive and driving forward but he doesn't do it enough.

• Like 2

Absolutely pathetic performance. This ‘Xisco Ball’ means running around chasing shadows in your own half. Awful.

Vasquez 5 couldn’t really do anything about the goals. Maybe save the third?

Iorfa 5 good assist and decent first half but he’s not good enough on the ball to play full back

B. Diaby 4 struggled. Thought he had pace? Didn’t show it

Ihiekwe 3 worst performance in a Wednesday shirt summed up by that god awful back pass. Will probably not even make the bench next week

Famewo 3 I said before the game that he’s an awful full back. His positional sense is dire

Paterson 5 quick thinking for the goal but he’s not a right winger. He’s been doing well at full back. Why change him?

Bakinson 4 struggled. Why he likes him I have no idea

Bannan 5 too deep at times in the first half. The second shows how crap we are without him

Delgado 4 scored a goal and good for him because he was AWFUL apart from that. He doesn’t know how to play the left midfield position. It’s like playing with ten men.

Windass 5 so glad to see him in his proper position but he was poor again. Too good for League 1 but not good enough for the Championship?

Gregory 4 did nothing. Gave away a soft penalty…we will get to that…

Vaulks 3 very poor. Seems too slow. Struggled so far

Musaba 3 did absolutely nothing 

Smith 6.5 put himself about and an excellent finish. Starts on Saturday for me

Byers 6 was at least positive and tried to go forward. Great ball for Smith’s goal 

Fletcher 4 did nothing

Munoz 2 completely oblivious to what we need. Any manager worth his salt can see this isn’t working. Go back to a back three before you get your P45 mate!

Referee 1 he was absolutely rubbish. I actually thought he was wearing a Hull shirt. You don’t give a penalty just because you see blood. Gregory has his eyes only on the ball and it’s their man who comes steaming in. He compounds that by bottling the decision on half time where Ihiekwe gets flattened by their keeper and the. He proceeds to give them every decision second half. One of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long time. A total ‘homer’. 
I’m not saying it’s his fault we lost (it’s Munoz’s) but if we go in a goal up at half time, it’s a different game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That was awful, 11 headless chickens roaming around a field, I couldn't work out what formation or tactics we were playing and what we were trying to do 😬

Vazquez 6

Famewo 4

Iorfa 6

Ihiekwe 4

Bambo 4

Bakinson 4

Bannan 5

Delgado 6

Windass 6

Paterson 5

Gregory 5

• Like 1

Don't think anyone leaves that match unscathed with the exception of Smith, that was a neat finish 

I understand that we need to be patient with a new manager setting a new system, but there was absolutely zero proof that we do have a system in place. It was a car crash from start to finish 

• Like 1

Echo a lot of what Emerson said.

A few points , it speaks volumes to how awful we have been that Paterson has been a "shining light" ant that Smith is our saviour.

Also , picking Bannan against Stockport and then giving him an injection pre game yesterday......WTF ???

Vasquez   -   6

Iorfa    -   6

Diaby    -    4

Ihiekwe     -    4

Famewo    -    5

Bannan     -    5.5

Bakinson     -    4

Delgado    -    4

Paterson    -    3

Windass    -    5

Gregory    -    5

Vaulks    -    4

Byers    -    6.5

Smith    -    6.5

Musaba    -    3

Fletcher    -   3

• Like 1

Musaba (who seems a lovely lad and very keen) looks like Usain Bolt playing in a charity match.

When he gets the play and starts off on a run you think "we've got a player here" but like Usain in those games where he runs into, and is easily dispossessed by, Lee Mack or Ralph Little for the umpteenth time, you realise he's an athlete not a footballer.

The young lad needs coaching if he's to contribute effectively.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Vasquez - 6 

Iorfa - 6

Bambi - 5

Ihiekwe - 4

Famewo - 6

Bannan - 3

Bakinson - 5

Delgado - 5

Paterson - 4

Windass - 5

Gregory - 4

Vaulks - 4

Byers - 6

Smith - 6

Musaba - 4

Fletcher - 4

Ref - -10 A disgrace to the game of football.

• Like 3

A complete lack of system or tactics.

Vasquez 5 - some dodgy moments with his feet and flapped at crosses. Unnecessary change. 

Iorfa 6

Bambi 5

Ihiekwe 4

Famewo 4 - So much came down his side. 

Bannan 5

Bakinson 4

Delgado 5

Paterson 5

Windass 4

Gregory 5

Vaulks 4

Byers 6

Smith 6

Musaba 3

Fletcher 3

Too many people, particularly in midfield just invisible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Struggling with MOM at moment,.

Thought Vasquez was great first half - more comfortable on the ball than most in team.

Need to watch goals closely again before making decision.

One thing our keeper does is go to byline towards 6yd box which he did again for their 4th  but unfortunate that Ihiekwe passed it towards the centre of goal without looking up. 

He’s a better footballer than the outfield players !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1