Xisco Chop & points expectations

There is a whole lot of flapping going on after just 2 games, and calls for Xisco to get the chop already are utter madness. It's a reflection of the childishness that exists in society these days, we have to have everything instantly. It's quite tiresome and predictable really.

Where is the line for the more rational fans out there ?

Less than 10 points after 10 games?

Less than 12 after 15?

0 after 6?

At what point would you say enough is enough? it's a results based business at the end of the day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blueowls1991 said:

It's not just about the points. It's the manner of performances.

If we go at teams and lose 4-2 because theyve caught us on the break then it's understandable that we're changing philosophy and evolving

When we are a total shambles and lose 4-2 it's not. I can't see any resemblance of the steel and grit that Moore built into us, nor any improved attacking threat we were promised.

I'm not calling for his head, just seems a bizarre appointment, bizarre recruitment and bizarre tactics.

I agree it's not just about points but it does ultimately come down them.  Just wondering what people think is a rational expectation of points gained, and where does it become unacceptable.

Everything DC does is bizarre. 

• Like 1

There have been tactical question marks about Xisco in the past, but frankly at present it's difficult to pin that on him because we don't seem to have any firm tactics to analyse.

My take is that we have a manager who's simply wrong for us.

Not good, not bad, just wrong.

I genuinely think that Channers saw how Xisco's team played at Watford - a club with which we have links - saw how he promoted them, and said (in Thai) "I'll have some of that".

I don't think he ever considered the type and quality of their squad at the time, a squad which has been referred to as "mental" for this level.

I really believe that it was as superficial as that, and with Chansiri now in "recoup" mode it's a lethal cocktail.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, PoppycockWednesday said:

There is a whole lot of flapping going on after just 2 games, and calls for Xisco to get the chop already are utter madness. It's a reflection of the childishness that exists in society these days, we have to have everything instantly. It's quite tiresome and predictable really.

Where is the line for the more rational fans out there ?

Less than 10 points after 10 games?

Less than 12 after 15?

0 after 6?

At what point would you say enough is enough? it's a results based business at the end of the day.

What advice do you get when you go into manage a new team.

Firstly you take a look at what you have got.

What are the strengths and weaknesses how can we exploit and mitigate these.

You do not change anything that is working.

You look at hoe things are done and how can they be improved.

Look at time scale and if you are working to deadlines you take on tasks which are achievable in that time frame.

Therefore time is short we are in need of new players. Therefore we change to a radically different style, we play players in unfamiliar positions, you bring in players who are unfamiliar with league, you recruit numerous players who all play on right side of team although arguably left side was where recruitment was required.

As a result we have beaten one non league club in 90 minutes of football and achieved two draws rest have been defeats. No one if they tell the truth can see any clear of how we are trying to win games. I have not seen any improvement in last 5 weeks. I can not see how we will win a game at the moment.

It is not about number of games it is about overall approach and if you think it is sensible what has been done to date and do you think things will suddenly change. Perhaps you should indicate what you are looking out for to see this dramatic change in fortunes. What will be the early signs of this. At what point do you consider we should change if we had zero points in 5 games do you think more time should be given?

People are not flapping they are rightly pointing out an extremely high risk approach has been taken and to date it is not going well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

Look at time scale and if you are working to deadlines you take on tasks which are achievable in that time frame.

Therefore time is short we are in need of new players. Therefore we change to a radically different style, we play players in unfamiliar positions, you bring in players who are unfamiliar with league, you recruit numerous players who all play on right side of team although arguably left side was where recruitment was required.

As a result we have beaten one non league club in 90 minutes of football and achieved two draws rest have been defeats. No one if they tell the truth can see any clear of how we are trying to win games. I have not seen any improvement in last 5 weeks. I can not see how we will win a game at the moment.

It is not about number of games it is about overall approach and if you think it is sensible what has been done to date and do you think things will suddenly change. Perhaps you should indicate what you are looking out for to see this dramatic change in fortunes. What will be the early signs of this. At what point do you consider we should change if we had zero points in 5 games do you think more time should be given?

People are not flapping they are rightly pointing out an extremely high risk approach has been taken and to date it is not going well.

You’ve got it right there in a nutshell.

• Love 1

I just don’t know what the plan is atm. That’s the worst part. We just look like a league one side who’s having a cup game against City every week so far (since pre season)

We look incapable of creating any chances in this style of play. Right through pre season to now it’s been utter dire.

Im giving it 10 games, but we have to pick up points in those.

If we are P5 L5 it’s going to be very toxic very quick and who could blame people? I don’t blame the players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dick_Turpin said:

How about 96 from the season? 

That was what happened to DMs amazing 352 when he changed 2 PLAYERS. 

Nothing else. No formation change. No new players to bed in. No jump in opposition strength.

And people think that he would be doing better now?

Give the bloke a chance.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Poor performances in preseason, poor performances in the league. 10 league games is enough to judge progress - but if we are hopelessly adrift and still seeing these kind of performances then we may as well call it as it is, a failed experiment. 

Teams have been awful in the first 5 games and then improved, so all is not lost yet. I think the concerning aspect is how we're not giving it a right go and instead allowing teams to totally dominate play. That definitely has to change as it's awful to watch, and amplified if you keep losing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Blueowls1991 said:

It's not just about the points. It's the manner of performances.

If we go at teams and lose 4-2 because theyve caught us on the break then it's understandable that we're changing philosophy and evolving

When we are a total shambles and lose 4-2 it's not. I can't see any resemblance of the steel and grit that Moore built into us, nor any improved attacking threat we were promised.

I'm not calling for his head, just seems a bizarre appointment, bizarre recruitment and bizarre tactics.

This hits the nail on the head.

10 results are too short to base a good assessment, but 10 performances arguably aren't.

To answer the original post about where we would need to be after 10 games:

If we only have 4 points, but the performances have clearly improved and a plan seems to be developing, then give him more time.

If we have 4 (or less points) after 10 games and the performances have been equally as inept as the first 3 games then we would have to sack him to salvage any chance of staying up (or of having a decent team once we go down). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

There seem to be managers who take what they have and mould it into something, others who have their way of doing things and buy the players to make it happen. Even some high profile premiership managers struggle if they don't have inexhaustible spending power. I would suggest a top manager...maybe better termed tactician...can adapt their strategy and develop some of the assets already at the club. But hey maybe we can all just buy succesd

21 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Nothing else. No formation change. No new players to bed in. No jump in opposition strength.

Give the bloke a chance.

Give the bloke a chance to do what?

Genuinely, what are we patiently waiting for? We’ve now played 3 games this season plus the entirety of pre season under him and done naff all that assures us that something is on the way - we’ve not looked like we’ve had an ounce of promise for a 5 minute spell across any of the games.

We got passed off the pitch by Southampton, got lucky against a League 2 side and just got mauled by bloody Hull - what are we actually trying to do?

I don’t blame Xisco himself for getting us in this position - that’s Chansiri’s fault, but Xisco hasn’t shown an ounce of managerial talent since he got here yet.

Edited by LJM Owl
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Give the bloke a chance.

I have said give the new bloke time and still feel we should BUT Dawson should not have been dropped and in the game I saw - So’ton - there were NO redeeming features. 

There was a huge feel good factor in the summer which could have helped give us a bit of momentum. That has been spunked away and a collection of bargain basement signings doesn’t bode well. 

Hindsigh though is the only judge. Moore’s target was promotion- he achieved it. I don’t know what this new bloke is expected to achieve but I hope he manages it. 

• Like 2

Too early to get rid - stick until Jan and see if we are improving.

Takes along time to suddenly change formation and play style plus embedding new players.

Might be good groundwork for the future but then might set us back into LG1]

I would rather see us going all out attack at teams and lose that way rather than what’s been served currently 

Edited by OwlerIT2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It really doesn't need you to watch the football to have seen how this ends up. From the moment Moore was let go and the lack of signings early doors the writing was on the wall.  We'll be back in league 1 in no time. The only hope is that the financial situation at the club doesn't get any more precarious in the meantime. 

It doesn't matter if Xisco or Pep are in charge, the problem is way higher up the food chain!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Just not bothered...