basildon owls

Guest STURROCKS KILT

Guest STURROCKS KILT

Im just wondering r there any wednesday fans in basildon ? i dont live there any more as i live in yorkshire now but i never saw any when i lived down in essex.. i was down there 4 11 years .. im just wondering ..

Guest spacko

I've never met any Wednesday fans from Basildon, but I have been known to be seen there wearing my wednesday shirt at times!! I'm from Southend, so close enough, but without the unfortunateness of actually living there!!!I worked in the Holiday Inn on the festival leisure park for about 4 years whilst i was at school/college, so used to be in Basildon a lot.I think the best idea for us all down here is to get some sort of Essex Owls thing going, I am sure there are enough of us around to sort out a minibus. Being a member of the London Owls is cool, but i'm still about an hour away from there, something more local would pretty ace!

Guest leighowl

I live in Leigh-on-Sea but have never seen any Wednesday fans in Southend/Basildon area. I'm from Sheffield but have lived in London and South East for nearly ten years. I did once see a lad sat outside the library in Romford town centre wearing a Wednesday shirt. He was an Essex lad but said he'd been up to see a match once and had enjoyed what he saw. Must have quite a few years ago, eh! ;-)

Guest leighowl

That was probably me!I'm from sunny Romford but currently studying at Uni in Sheffield.

Small world, Ben. I reckon it must have been about 6 or 7 years ago. What are you studying? I'd say it's an Arts course judging by the amount of time you've had to post messages on this site! ;-)

Small world, Ben. I reckon it must have been about 6 or 7 years ago. What are you studying? I'd say it's an Arts course judging by the amount of time you've had to post messages on this site! ;-)

Haha!I'm actually a law student - I'm too sophisticated for the poster courses. :biggrin: But you're right, Owlstalk and Football Manager will be the cause of my failed degree.T'is a bit weird to be on a Sheffield Wednesday messageboard and read about Romford Library!

Guest leighowl

Haha!I'm actually a law student - I'm too sophisticated for the poster courses. :biggrin: But you're right, Owlstalk and Football Manager will be the cause of my failed degree.T'is a bit weird to be on a Sheffield Wednesday messageboard and read about Romford Library!

Quite. Probably the only reading done about (or in) Romford library these days. I remember once trying in desperation to find a few books in there for an essay when I was at University. Absolutely bleedin' useless; unless you wanted Jeffrey Archer or Jackie Collins. I used to live in Chadwell Heath, near the West Ham training ground. How did you cope with all the Hammers fans when you were in Romford?

Quite. Probably the only reading done about (or in) Romford library these days. I remember once trying in desperation to find a few books in there for an essay when I was at University. Absolutely bleedin' useless; unless you wanted Jeffrey Archer or Jackie Collins. I used to live in Chadwell Heath, near the West Ham training ground. How did you cope with all the Hammers fans when you were in Romford?

They were and still are a nightmare, but some of my best friends are hammers. They are certainly on a par with Sheffield United as my most hated Club - but its all banter with my mates most of the time and being the only Wednesday fan around, they always used to be quite interested in how we got on and still look out for our results now. You must have had it bad living near the training ground as well?I take it you were at University in London? Edited by Ben-The-Owl

Guest leighowl

They were and still are a nightmare, but some of my best friends are hammers. They are certainly on a par with Sheffield United as my most hated Club - but its all banter with my mates most of the time and being the only Wednesday fan around, they always used to be quite interested in how we got on and still look out for our results now. You must have had it bad living near the training ground as well?I take it you were at University in London?

I didn't really, to be honest. My wife's family are all West Ham fans and I have a bit of banter with the brother-in-law but it's all good fun. I never used to mind West Ham but I started to loathe them when they took Di Canio after he went 'on strike' at Hillsborough. Typical Redknapp. I think the only excitement to happen at Chadwell Heath was Jon Hartson kicking Eyal Berkovic's head off during training and spotting all the boozers on the High Road where Jimmy Greaves used to have his liquid lunches after training. I did go to University of London, Queen Mary College at Mile End. Didn't meet any Owls there though.

Guest Woz1867

I live in Upminster which is not far from Basildon. Ive seen a few Wednesdayites knocking about throughout Essex.Up the owls

Guest Chris Waddle's Mullet

Essex Owls sounds good - I live in Harwich and I know two other Owls in town (though they never really go to games).