Fleetwood Town  V    Sheffield Wednesday  

6 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Brilliant, once again,Snoots. When will these opening posts yours finally get made into a book? It's not too late to get it ready for sale for next Christmas - it would sell like Christmas sprouts (inevitably, and in huge quantity).

Stubbs said that half the current Wednesdayites weren't born in 1979. More to the point, how many who were at that match are still alive? Anyone there would have to been their 50s now at the very least. I wonder who the youngest Wednesdayite is, who was there. Answers on a postcard. (You can see from that last phrase that it isn't me😀)

I was there as a 16 year old when Wednesday and music were the most important things in my world  what a day. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Brilliant, once again,Snoots. When will these opening posts yours finally get made into a book? It's not too late to get it ready for sale for next Christmas - it would sell like Christmas sprouts (inevitably, and in huge quantity).

Stubbs said that half the current Wednesdayites weren't born in 1979. More to the point, how many who were at that match are still alive? Anyone there would have to been their 50s now at the very least. I wonder who the youngest Wednesdayite is, who was there. Answers on a postcard. (You can see from that last phrase that it isn't me😀)

It was my first ever game and I had just turned 7 years old, just turned 50 now. My father took me and my two older brothers. I can't remember a single thing about it unfortunately, other than having a wooden clapper thing which, remarkably I still have somewhere. Didn't start going regular till I was about 12. We sat on cantilever I'm told. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Boxing day. Just hearing it brings warm, comfortable, happy feelings. Best day of the year. I bet the other lot don't feel the same. 

3-1 win today UTO

Heading for their third promotion back to the prem, not sure they’re overly bothered about something that happened decades ago