Fleetwood Town  V    Sheffield Wednesday  

Got to be winning this after some poor performances and results of late. We should have more than enough quality to beat them. For the love of God Moore please send us out to attack rather than set us up to worry about a bang average opponent again. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, VictoryBell said:

Brilliant, once again,Snoots. When will these opening posts yours finally get made into a book? It's not too late to get it ready for sale for next Christmas - it would sell like Christmas sprouts (inevitably, and in huge quantity).

Stubbs said that half the current Wednesdayites weren't born in 1979. More to the point, how many who were at that match are still alive? Anyone there would have to been their 50s now at the very least. I wonder who the youngest Wednesdayite is, who was there. Answers on a postcard. (You can see from that last phrase that it isn't me😀)

I was there and I'm 58 if that helps.

11 am ko if my memory serves me and 4-0 drubbing of the Blunts which will not be repeated for a long time yet I'd  like to add.

Hoping for a better performance today and not the dire ones of late , got to have bannan back at the very least and Byers aswell would be perfect.

1-0 Wednesday 

• Like 1

I was 23 for the BDM stood on the Kop 

Magical when that shot from Spider-Man hit the net 

Jeff King kicked Sabella all over the park

and Mick Pickering nearly broke their captain in two on the halfway line 

Back to the boozer after 

what a day 

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Just a correction on that Burton game you are referring to lord, it was New years Day and not boxing day ( think those sprouts have messed with your memory a bit 😊 ).

Yeah was NYD. We actually hammered Forest on boxing day but that gets overlooked because of the disastrous result against Burton. 

• Like 1

I was there, now 67, what a match and the atmosphere was unbelievable .

So glad to see Bannan, Byers and Denis back. We need a good performance today

Dawson

Plamer, Mc Guiness, James

Wilkes, Byers, Bannan, Vaulkes, Johnson

Gregory, Smith

2-0 to the Owls, Smith and Gregory