Blip or Steady decline?

Blip or Steady Decline?   

195 members have voted

1. 1. We've only scored 1 goal in the last 3 games and dropped 6 points in the process. Is this evidence that we're going backwards or nothing more than a temporary glitch while we have key players out injured?

• just a blip (don't panic!)
    • steady decline (we're doomed!)

On 21/12/2022 at 09:57, royalowlisback said:

I think generally we are too accepting of weak, pi55-poor performances, and just accept them as the norm - then some on here have a pop at the fans who dare have the temerity to complain.

Just fans on a forum,same the World over,what i DONT understand myself is why when pointing out disagreements in our managers tactics & team selection,your labelled as you are.

What is so controversial about saying you want to pick 2 strikers?...not play it out?(ridiculous & uneccessary at this level,who we up against Beckanbaurer in defence?).Play more direct?(common sense surely,playing against 3rd tier defenders & GK?)

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If that's the case then we can't say we've experienced a steady decline

#lost touch'....'in touch with'.....lol.....Last seasons cliches being dusted down & having a run out..I think looking at a macro level,given under GM not so long ago we were sitting at Xmas high in the Championship & looking(dreaming?) of at least the Championship play offs for a return to the PL...you know something we helped found.(something Barnsley managed FFS!!) Yes Barnsley,a side we could once have been expected to beat convincingly without breaking into a sweat(ditto Rotherham for that matter)

Now? we look over our shoulder enviously ay Barnsley,winning 5 out of 6......Rotherham sitting a Division above us...We have been relegated from the Championship,failed to gain top 2 & promotion last Year,failed to make it to the Play off final(let alone win it)...& had to rely on our GK to salvage a point against the mighty Oxford. At home....2 shots on target wasnt it?

I think its a safe bet to say.......We have fallen off a cliff edge,let alone 'steady decline'...and it would be fair comment..

Sad thing is,i believe under Darren we COULD get promotion this Year IF he changed.....and NO ime not an ex pro so what do i know eh?..

My 'loyalty' is to my Club & its fan base...managers come & go and are judged on delivering..

NO not ****ing Amazon parcels....RESULTS....its that simple....

AIRBORNE 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Screen Door Slams said:

"In terms of performance"

We all will know in the next 2 weeks we also have Barnsley and Ipswich we will know soon !!!

21 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Bannan and Byers 

bannan and byers

repeat 

repeat 

watch our form improve with these 2 back

Without Byers 

P14. W9. D4. L1

2.2 points per game.

The absence of Byers isn’t the problem. Wonderful player but he’s not the reason the team is struggling.

Our team needs two proper strikers. This was the case last season. Same again this season. We’ve only done it in six games out of 22, winning four and drawing two.

At some point soon Moore will pair Smith & Gregory again. If he keeps them together for a long run of games we’ll be fine. If he chops and changes we probably won’t make the autos.

Yep..............to point out (again) my original post , thankfully we haven`t lost touch with the top two.

Ultimately I disagree that performances are "irrelevant" as sooner or later if we keep playing poorly it will reflect on our standing in the table but hopefully we can turn it around starting tomorrow.

Merry Christmas btw.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Without Byers 

P14. W9. D4. L1

2.2 points per game.

The absence of Byers isn’t the problem. Wonderful player but he’s not the reason the team is struggling.

Our team needs two proper strikers. This was the case last season. Same again this season. We’ve only done it in six games out of 22, winning four and drawing two.

At some point soon Moore will pair Smith & Gregory again. If he keeps them together for a long run of games we’ll be fine. If he chops and changes we probably won’t make the autos.

Been ridiculously fortunate In many of those games + it’s not just without Byers it’s without baz . Do appreciate like you say 2 strikers we play better . We need a new striker in jan as there’s only Gregory and smith who we have as proper strikers . Pato will be off , windass may as well sit up in the north stand with me when he’s selected up top . If we get an injury to one we are up against it , + they are both 30+ with Gregory 34 so can he consistently play 90 mins or 75 mins even week after week?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Our January fixtures are horrendous. If we continue this way we will not be in the top six soon. Our next three games are massive.

Like I said, the bookies have us an overwhelming favourite for promotion / top six. You seem to believe they’re wrong, you’re getting or would get great odds for us to Finnish outside the top 6. Go full your boots, you’ll be printing cash! 

History tells me that whilst my beloved club never ceases to let me down, the bookies are very rarely wrong. So I’ll not be taking the bet.