Blip or Steady decline?

Blip or Steady Decline?   

195 members have voted

1. 1. We've only scored 1 goal in the last 3 games and dropped 6 points in the process. Is this evidence that we're going backwards or nothing more than a temporary glitch while we have key players out injured?

• just a blip (don't panic!)
    • steady decline (we're doomed!)

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You're level of entitlement is obviously the reason behind your unrealistic expectations and therefore why you spend all day every day chastising the manager

Lol more meds needed!!! Am I the only person posting? I have my view,it doesn’t change and I state my reasoning behind my thinking..

Do you think we are attacking enough currently? Do you think Gregory & Smith should start? 
Would you like a more settled side(injury’s aside) and less sideways and passing back?

Should we be going more direct playing to Smiths strengths?If not why buy him?

Very fair Q

• Like 4

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

On the flip side some people think that demanding every game is won is some kind of bigger level of support for their club than a more realistic expectation that we will have ups and downs throughout a season

Supporters just want to see performances up to the level that we should be achieving, we have one of the best squads in the division, one of the highest wages bills in the division and plenty of experience and know how. You compare teamsheets, achievements, experience with the opposites and the in the vast majority of games we should be showing what we are capable of, but the performances are tepid, disjointed, confusing and laboured. We are making hard work of it, against poor opponents - then are unable to raise our game in the 'big moments'. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Lol more meds needed!!! Am I the only person posting? I have my view,it doesn’t change and I state my reasoning behind my thinking..

Do you think we are attacking enough currently? Do you think Gregory & Smith should start? 
Would you like a more settled side(injury’s aside) and less sideways and passing back?

Should we be going more direct playing to Smiths strengths?If not why buy him?

Very fair Q

We aren't good enough for the Barcelona stuff at the back and the possession game doesn't win matches, deffo need to be quicker going forward .

I think our lack of pace throughout the team forces us to drop deep incase we end up in a race back we can't win

• Like 4

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Supporters just want to see performances up to the level that we should be achieving, we have one of the best squads in the division, one of the highest wages bills in the division and plenty of experience and know how. You compare teamsheets, achievements, experience with the opposites and the in the vast majority of games we should be showing what we are capable of, but the performances are tepid, disjointed, confusing and laboured. We are making hard work of it, against poor opponents - then are unable to raise our game in the 'big moments'. 

Agreed but asking why? Gets you(if your parajack posting) 

“will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest” lol 

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Supporters just want to see performances up to the level that we should be achieving 

Is this the point where I need to simply drop all the stats and facts at you again and show you that we're doing fine and just need to get over the line in the second half of the season?

Honestly it's ridiculous this

We've lost some key players and had a blip in resutls.

You know

Like every club does

IN football

All the time

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Agreed but asking why? Gets you(if your parajack posting) 

“will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest” lol 

You carry on Buddy. You are not being malicious or nasty about anything, you are posting reasoned debate and should be applauded for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Too true, think theres one reason for your concerns.

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Blip

and on the spectrum of blips, it's not even a big blip

silly overreaction by some of our fans this week

It’s not the results it’s the performances that are a concern. Are you happy with the performances over the last couple of months?

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

On the flip side some people think that demanding every game is won is some kind of bigger level of support for their club than a more realistic expectation that we will have ups and downs throughout a season

I find the expectation point really interesting as it feels like quite a few have moved the goalposts since the start of the season.

Initially there was a general consensus that Moore needed to deliver top 2 for the season to be considered successful. Currently we are very much in the mix to achieve that goal.

However many have now decided that top 2 isnt enough and its only acceptable that we do this playing free flowing entertaining football.

Apparently the football had been dreadful all season even though we create more chances than anyone else bar Ipswich and score more goals than the vast majority of other teams as well.

I'm not saying everything's perfect by any stretch or that people cant have concerns. I think we all agree that the last few performances need inproving on.

Still it feels as though some people set a standard that isn't realistic and is unlikely to be met regardless of who is in charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I find the expectation point really interesting as it feels like quite a few have moved the goalposts since the start of the season.

Initially there was a general consensus that Moore needed to deliver top 2 for the season to be considered successful. Currently we are very much in the mix to achieve that goal.

However many have now decided that top 2 isnt enough and its only acceptable that we do this playing free flowing entertaining football.

Apparently the football had been dreadful all season even though we create more chances than anyone else bar Ipswich and score more goals than the vast majority of other teams as well.

I'm not saying everything's perfect by any stretch or that people cant have concerns. I think we all agree that the last few performances need inproving on.

Still it feels as though some people set a standard that isn't realistic and is unlikely to be met regardless of who is in charge.

When we pay the wages to the players we pay (which is why most footballers sign for that club) and charge the prices to watch them, fans are entitled to better. Expectation is high, the players and manager have to accept it, if they can't they shouldn't be here.

If you pay michelin priced football, you don't expect Egg &Gammon from Wetherspoons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jack the Hat
7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I would understand that if we were a league higher but in this league with this squad of player it is not unrealistic to be looking at a top 2 finish. I think it is odd that we look back on previous seasons with different players and managers in higher leagues as an excuse as to why this squad in this leagues performances are acceptable. Statistics have been shown tthere is direct correlation between wages and league position. Why shouldn’t we be looking top 2. For the main part of the season the football has been poor and is getting exponentially worse. And all teams have injuries- look at Plymouth. This is why we have a large squad.

19 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

the problem is accepting, in fact lauding mediocrity

And it's crap like this blaming the fans in a season where were are on the cusp of automatics without playing to our potential yet...boooooooo the seasons over get the cyanide tabs out 🤣 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

So they always have a get out to blame the manager no matter what happens...win 2-0 should have scored 6...win 3-0 yeah but the oppositions crap...tedious to the extreme

• Like 3
  • Love 2