Blip or Steady decline?

Blip or Steady Decline?   

195 members have voted

1. 1. We've only scored 1 goal in the last 3 games and dropped 6 points in the process. Is this evidence that we're going backwards or nothing more than a temporary glitch while we have key players out injured?

• just a blip (don't panic!)
    • steady decline (we're doomed!)

2 hours ago, doubleo said:

I don’t think we create enough chances for our forwards and that’s what worries me. Against Oxford, maybe 2 or 3 ?. That might be enough if you’ve got a Shearer or Messi upfront,  but not for players at this level.

I agree, but I sometimes think our forwards aren’t that involved in some of the build up play also… whatever it is, it’s not quite clicking but one good game and it can all change. Not like we are on a bad run. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Neither.

If Moore stops changing the formation every game and starts picking BOTH of our strikers and stops thinking Windass is the answer we’ll fly.

If he sticks with his current approach then it’s clearly a steady decline because it’s as plain as the nose on your face that its awful.

This

My biggest concern is the lack of invention, not just from midfield but also from the wing. BB, for all we know, may have been carrying an injury, prior to coming off. With no Byers also there was a void of forward vision. 
I believe (hope) with Byers and BB back in the new year we get a kick start, but 1 goal in 3 games suggests our forwards are not getting the delivery they were not so long ago.

• Like 1

O K , we loose Bannan , Byers and the rest , but where is the drive ,guts and determination from those who come in  ,and  from the rest of the team .As a team they seem to be reacting like us supporters -- we've lost Bannan etc , we've no chance .They should be busting a gut to up their personal levels of performance and that of the team . I just dont see that.  Seems to be an attitudinal thing to me . Someone needs to fire them up again . Not all teams do have blips , but if this is only our short lasting blip then something drastic has to happen . The laissez-faire approach just means things carry on as before -- not good enough .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

But it is a lot more than 3 games that the performances has been poor we've papered over several cracks by scraping a win.

And that’s totally fine 

We won’t finish top and then get disqualified for promotion because we squeezed a few wins occasionally 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I've said for weeks and even months that the standard of football has been awful . Anyone who goes home/ away will know this . There is a clear reason the crowd home/away is unbelievably quiet 

No team ever gets promoted playing this bad with different tactics and team every Game. I think we are 8-10 points higher than we deserve . Scrapped results at port Vale etc etc playing v poorly and getting away with it. I'm bored stiff now unless 9 points happen at Xmas even surely his biggest fans will realise the time has come to remove him.. the scary part will be who his replacement will be , loads of us earlier in the season said get Paul Warne. Watch derby go up now .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Next two games should be nailed on 6 pointers against VERY average Div 3 sides 

Shouldnt  start shouting with 2 wins but I think we will have our answer theteafter if form/performances/results drop off.

Draws are not a result they are 2 points lost

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This level of entitlement might be the cause of your angst about Darren Moore

Come off it mate Really? If we are going to go for autos ,let alone Play Offs beating poor to average Div 3 teams is an absolute MUST 

Its the games against chasing teams,some in form (Barnsley 5 wins out of 6 isn’t it?) that will give us all our answer 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I don’t think we’re doomed, but it is a steady decline.

It’s more than three games. Since the calamitous end to the Burton game we’ve struggled: Mansfield, Accrington and Shrewsbury, all poor performances. Only Southampton did we perform creditably.

We need to address the speed with which we get the ball forward and into our strikers otherwise we’ll be over reliant on a series of clean sheets to get over the finishing line. And we’ll probably fail.

Very fair post I suspect that we will start(continue?) drawing games we should be expected to win,and leave it too late for autos, if the top 2 match us for form and points gained.

5 minutes ago, parajack said:

Come off it mate Really? If we are going to go for autos ,let alone Play Offs beating poor to average Div 3 teams is an absolute MUST 

Its the games against chasing teams,some in form (Barnsley 5 wins out of 6 isn’t it?) that will give us all our answer 

You're level of entitlement is obviously the reason behind your unrealistic expectations and therefore why you spend all day every day chastising the manager

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I think generally we are too accepting of weak, pi55-poor performances, and just accept them as the norm - then some on here have a pop at the fans who dare have the temerity to complain.

On the flip side some people think that demanding every game is won is some kind of bigger level of support for their club than a more realistic expectation that we will have ups and downs throughout a season

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop