Dawson stop

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

And when you've seen it from any angle other than 100+ metres away at the opposite end of a football stadium?

:duntmatter:

It still looked harsh to me lol    At the end of the day Cam made a fantastic save, and saved us a point !!  #uto 

12 hours ago, MBMitchell said:

I criticised him before the game and he played well I suppose. I don't get all the 9s in the mom thread

A few points I want to make, the earlier one on one, if the player had managed to actually control the ball he would have gone past him, but we'll done I suppose for coming out quickly and making him panic

The shot down his throat, id expect any keeper even at pub level to stop that

That parry out, he was very lucky that McGuiness was on the line and then he tried to smash it in instead of just scoring and skies it terribly

The penalty save, yep well done and good stop

His kicking seemed to drop short when he went long, and it seems that him and Stockdale are told to play it short as both keepers do often.

I thought the defence didn't seem as well organised, but Stockdale is more seasoned and probably better at that part of it. As they did keep on catching us on the break a lot.

Overall I won't complain if he keeps the shirt, but his parries need to be tipped wide or caught, as it leaves us open to a second shot 

Spot on pal but because he’s ‘one of our own’ people ignore blatant facts.

• Haha 1

On 18/12/2022 at 20:59, torryowl said:

like most penalties if you go  the right way and its not struck hard into the corner you have a chance ....cam guessed right and he deserved that coz he had a good game 

Agree. Never understand why players don't aim for top corners. They don't need to worry about keeper guessing right way, there's no way they can save it. All the player then has to concentrate on is hitting his target.

9 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Agree. Never understand why players don't aim for top corners. They don't need to worry about keeper guessing right way, there's no way they can save it. All the player then has to concentrate on is hitting his target.

Wasn't that what Kane was doing ?😗

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Aiming for the top corners is a high risk, high reward strategy. You're more likely to miss the target, but if you get it right, it will almost always result in a goal.

Hitting it hard into the bottom corners is a much easier shot to pull off under pressure and still has a very high chance of resulting in a goal.

It's when players hedge their bets and hit it into that halfway house kind of area just to the side of a 'keeper that they're really asking for trouble.

18 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Blimey, you’re right, never previously noticed that.

DM needs to have a sharp word with Palmer pretty pronto - we might not be so fortunate next time in managing to get away with it.

Palmer was the reason he struck it so poorly.

He used all his experience to delay the kick as long as possible to heap the pressure on.

Wouldnt stop going on about the positioning of the ball. Even got to the point Murphy was about to take it and he stepped into the area again to complain and delay it further.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Aiming for the top corners is a high risk, high reward strategy. You're more likely to miss the target, but if you get it right, it will almost always result in a goal.

Hitting it hard into the bottom corners is a much easier shot to pull off under pressure and still has a very high chance of resulting in a goal.

It's when players hedge their bets and hit it into that halfway house kind of area just to the side of a 'keeper that they're really asking for trouble.

Don't disagree, but you don't need to hit it hard into top corners and it doesn't need to be absolute top-bins. So I still think it's a worthwhile option as it takes the keeper out of the equation. 

On 20/12/2022 at 01:07, MBMitchell said:

I criticised him before the game and he played well I suppose. I don't get all the 9s in the mom thread

A few points I want to make, the earlier one on one, if the player had managed to actually control the ball he would have gone past him, but we'll done I suppose for coming out quickly and making him panic

The shot down his throat, id expect any keeper even at pub level to stop that

That parry out, he was very lucky that McGuiness was on the line and then he tried to smash it in instead of just scoring and skies it terribly

The penalty save, yep well done and good stop

His kicking seemed to drop short when he went long, and it seems that him and Stockdale are told to play it short as both keepers do often.

I thought the defence didn't seem as well organised, but Stockdale is more seasoned and probably better at that part of it. As they did keep on catching us on the break a lot.

Overall I won't complain if he keeps the shirt, but his parries need to be tipped wide or caught, as it leaves us open to a second shot 

That parry out was better than Stockdale's parry into the net at Exeter.

Clean sheet and a penalty save and you're wearing your keyboard keys out. Interesting. 

On 20/12/2022 at 16:52, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Palmer was the reason he struck it so poorly.

He used all his experience to delay the kick as long as possible to heap the pressure on.

Wouldnt stop going on about the positioning of the ball. Even got to the point Murphy was about to take it and he stepped into the area again to complain and delay it further.

Was he in a helicopter above the ground like Uri Geller in Euro 96?

36 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Clean sheet and a penalty save and you're wearing your keyboard keys out. Interesting. 

Ok, I don't see I am wearing my keys out, just giving a full description of how I thought he played

I haven't slated Dawson in my views, just given my opinion on key moments he was involved in. I'll make sure I only pick out good parts of players performances in case I upset you again 

30 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:
1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Ok, I don't see I am wearing my keys out, just giving a full description of how I thought he played

I haven't slated Dawson in my views, just given my opinion on key moments he was involved in. I'll make sure I only pick out good parts of players performances in case I upset you again 

Your lack of quoting knowledge upsets me more