Statman and Robin - can't fool us

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It doesn't matter how you get a 10 match unbeaten run though

In the same way it doesn't really matter how you get promoted

Maybe… but it’s like we’ve stumbled through these games 

Its not like we’ve smashed teams or looked like we were going to win 

Most matches Darren Moore seems happy with hanging on to a 1-0 win or letting winnable matches pan out for a draw 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hughdowd said:

Maybe… but it’s like we’ve stumbled through these games 

Its not like we’ve smashed teams or looked like we were going to win 

Most matches Darren Moore seems happy with hanging on to a 1-0 win or letting winnable matches pan out for a draw 

It's one of those situations this where we are both right mate

You're right in your assessment of the games
And I'm right that history doesn't care how we played in the games - only the results matter

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Django said:

*Rings number in yellow pages 

“ hello Moore’s hedges”

” oo hello I’m after someone to come and trim my hedge”

”you’ve come to the right place”

”have to much experience in trimming hedges?”S

”I’ve started a couple but never actually finished trimming a hedge”

*hangs up phone 

So we get an established hedge trimmer who has documented evidence of several successfully trimmed hedges. Only problem is he could leave our hedge in a shoddy unkempt state. Never trust a hedge trimmer who guarantees finishing the hedge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's one of those situations this where we are both right mate

You're right in your assessment of the games
And I'm right that history doesn't care how we played in the games - only the results matter

Yeah if we get promotion all will be forgotten.. everyone’s just so desperate for success it can get too personal.. especially towards Moore 

Im baffled by Moore too and wish he would be more attack minded and play smith/ Gregory EVERY game but there’s no way Chansiri will sack Moore..so like it or not people have to support Darren Moore .. .. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't get promoted on Sunday 18th December

Honestly some of these posts are like following someone round as they trim their hedge shouting at them

"You're never going to trim it all"

"you should be trimming the hedge in a more entertaining way"

"You've not trimmed the whole hedge yet"

Meanwhile the man trimming the hedge just goes about his business in a dignified, classy way and gets it done whilst the mob at the bottom of his ladders cry out for a new person to trim the hedge and try to convince passers by to booo the man trimming his hedge

I can't wait for summer now ...just to do this ...the neighbours regard me as the eccentric one anyway,  I'm sure someone will humour me

"Derek out! ....my granny could have hit that corner more accurately and she's been dead 8 years ...  get him at number 5 on it....not sure if he's 90 odd, or dead ....not seen him in a while.....he'd do a better job than thee tho Derek ....tha might aswell sit we me"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triple O said:

Just because you call your stats "evidence" doesn't mean you can ignore all the other stats "evidence"

Not sure what you are suggesting I'm ignoring. I agree his win percentage is really good, for instance. Same with goals scored. On top of that I've no desire to get rid of him, in fact even if he fails this season I would probably keep him (because I'm enjoying watching us aside from the last few weeks and he's building the club back up). I was answering someone who quoted some stats and I quoted some more and said you can't just look at the stats that support your own argument. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Told ya

They're hilarious

Absolute fruitcakes running round all red faced and furious trying to turn everyone against the manager and getting nowhere

He's staying, we're going up, and they're livid about that

Thing is I bet if they were in their local boozer and DM walked in, they'd be all over him like a rash. Ooh Darren can I get a selfie with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

one of the finest posts ever on here. Calmly dissecting what is happening.   Fans can see this and are crying out for some positive football, trying to win games.  Thats all we ask.  We are not fools, we're not interested in possession , "volume"'  "low blocks", excuses and statistics. We want to see our team go forward and attack teams.  Everyone around me, and leaving the ground was saying the same. Everyone I've spoken to since thinks the same. We can't understand how Darren and his coaches can't see what we can see.

Yes, injuries don't help, but the replacements should be capable of taking the game to Oxford and Exeter.......and Fleetwood , Port Vale and Cambridge.

Fantastic post, as usual 31dec

This sums up the way the vast majority of us feel.

We are not over reacting. We are concerned. We can see that we are losing our way and unless its changed, we will be lucky to make the play offs.

We have a squad that should win this league and we can see that things arent right.

We are simply wanting us to be positive again, not scared

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Triple O said:

So we get an established hedge trimmer who has documented evidence of several successfully trimmed hedges. Only problem is he could leave our hedge in a shoddy unkempt state. Never trust a hedge trimmer who guarantees finishing the hedge.

WTAF?

6 hours ago, Django said:

Pivotal moments under Moore 

Derby to stay up- ❌

Sunderland away in playoffs ❌

Sunderland home in playoffs ❌

Plymouth away this season ❌

Ipswich home this season ❌

Derby to go top ❌

Exeter to go 2nd ❌

Oxford to go 2nd ❌

Time to deliver 

Do wins count as pivotal moments?  or are some matches worth more than others?

• Love 1

the talk of that we should go back up first season doesn't quite hold up with historical data.

only about 22 teams in the last 30 seasons have been promoted straight back up to the championship, roughly 24%.

i have also read that the average stay in L1 after dropping down is 2.5 years.  i've not verified that but if true, doesn't make us look so bad if we manage to go up this season.

unfortunately we will have to wait till May.

bloody stats eh....

9 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

We've scored a million goals - but the football is cr4p.

We've got a million points - but the football is cr4p.

We've got some clean sheets - but the football is cr4p.

A bit like when you go out for a meal, you fancy a nice hearty plate of comfort food, a nice stew, a meaty pie - but instead you are served a bowl of steam, with some pink himalayan salt on it served inside a sock. It's been prepared by a 3 times Michelin rated chef, the experts tell you it's brilliant, people with funny beards are queuing outside to get in - it should be great, but you know yourself its just over complicated cr4p.

It's the run up to Christmas, you fancy watching a 'take you brains out film' so you want to watch Die Hard or Trading Places - but instead something with Woody Allen or Ralph Fiennes comes on, some guy who loves 'arty' films, especially if they are in black and white and a bit like a Coen Brothers movie tells you it is great, it will be up for an Oscar - but you watch it, your mind starts drifting, your bellies still rumbling from earlier and your wishing you were watching Bruce Willis punching an helicopter instead.

That's what watching football under Moore is like. You can see it with your own eyes, you can hear it with your own ears - the stats are just stats, they don't really mean anything if they are not giving you any pleasure, any enjoyment any promotions. I have no problem with Moore at all, I think he is a smashing fella, a genuine nice guy - but I personally feel he is out of his depth, he has lost his way and we are going backwards, our football is slow, boring, defensive and predictable.

Much like before, when we have been in a reasonable position, but appear unable to make that final push - a change is required, like when Jones came in and got us over the line - does anybody genuinely believe we would win the play-offs with Moore in charge, I certainly don't - nothing in his CV, in the 'big games' gives me that impression.

We are just stumbling along, hoping Bannan will win us a game, collecting players that we are never going to play, and if we do play them, playing them in the wrong positions - how many Mighten's, Wilkes, Corblimey trousers et all do we need to sign before we wake up and realise that tactically Moore his limited at best, maybe he is a good coach, I'm not seeing many signs of motivational skills, we come out at half time half asleep, we don't show up in big games, we freeze when it matters.

I don't blame the fans like some on here do (over 22k, the week before Christmas on a slippy, freezing day, after 22 years of dross is amazing) - some of them booed how dare they, have they got eyes and ears of their own or something?

Statman, Scatman, Batman - don't mean diddly, the wool is well away from our eyes......

What a load of tosh.  Grand Budapest hotel is fantastic with our mate Ralph as the star. Terrific actor in a wide range of film genres.

I think the rear of your post is fair but we are in League 1....we have a mixture of OK footballers and dumb footballers with an OK manager. We will have runs like this, the difference is this year we are very much in the hunt despite being awful for about 3 months

6 hours ago, markowl said:

Atkinson got us relegated in his first full season.

He'd have been hounded out in this day and age.

As did Moore, we gave Moore another season. If he emulated Atkinson then last season we would have been promoted and won a cup. I'm guessing that would have appeased the fan base. It's not like it took Atkinson three seasons. So can we not even go there with the Atkinson comparison ffs

• Like 4

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You can't get promoted on Sunday 18th December

Honestly some of these posts are like following someone round as they trim their hedge shouting at them

"You're never going to trim it all"

"you should be trimming the hedge in a more entertaining way"

"You've not trimmed the whole hedge yet"

Meanwhile the man trimming the hedge just goes about his business in a dignified, classy way and gets it done whilst the mob at the bottom of his ladders cry out for a new person to trim the hedge and try to convince passers by to booo the man trimming his hedge

If you went to the games,you'd realise he's walking into the sack....unless!!!

Sometimes I think to myself “ I must put my feelings about Wednesday and Darren Moore in a post without being too emotional and incendiary” and then someone comes along and saves me the bother…. and in an inspiring fashion that I could never muster.

Thank you.

The thing is, the stats for the year are set in stone whereas the opinion you have that the football is rubbish etc is based on your memory which often only remembers the last few games and you forget we've had a 5-0, a 4-2 and quite a few 3-0 and 2-0s this season that have been quite good to watch. 

• Like 1